Unofficial EvaGeeks.org Steam Group

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:21 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:Oh man, Total Annihilation and SupCom are plebeian? Get a load of this peasant.

plays SupCom
SPOILER: Show

Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:01 am

But I don't play SupCom (pretty much a spiritual successor to TA though so it shits on StarScraft and Co), I play Total Annihilation, you dried up try hard.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:48 am

WELCOME TO THE STEAMBOX MOTHERFUCKERS

Doctor Memory
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Doctor Memory » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:58 pm

How did I not notice this before now?
Last edited by Doctor Memory on Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
(Don't) Excuse Me UhClem, But You're (Not) Making the Doctor (Un)Happy.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

One issue... B/

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:37 am

View Original Postran1 wrote:I used to like RTS, until I became an adult and realized you can't do this shit in total war.

The games you listed are either turn-based or have a pause function.

Real-time strategies excel in that you not only have to make the right choices, but make them quickly, and if you don't, you suffer the consequences unmitigated by last minute changes.

I'm not trying to tear own Grand Strategy games, I've enjoyed the original Hearts of Iron and Defcon, but they have an in-built safety net.

I once played a CnC Generals challenge with my base getting hit repeatedly with all three superweapons, not because I couldn't have taken them out, but rather just so I could see if I could work the time in-between attacks to keep my forces and defenses going long enough to take the General out the old-fashioned way.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:05 pm

Played some Borderlands 2 with NGxscoot(ssguy)
Fun times.

ssguy
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ssguy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:04 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Played some Borderlands 2 with NGxscoot(ssguy)
Fun times.

My favorite part was when we went into a room filled with powerful enemies while we were both at low health. You told me to just run for the exit.

It was at this point that I gunzerked for the first time.

Gunzerking is when you hold two weapons (such as an assault rifle that sets enemies on fire and a shotgun that shoots 14 shells at once), while your health and ammo regenerate so quickly that you are quite literally invincible. Also note that I had a perk that gave me a 50% chance to not spend ammunition when I fire.

The room was very much empty after I was done.

I'd love to get a full four player game going, especially if we're all different classes. Instrumentality One was the Siren so he was able to do some great stuff that involved levitating and paralyzing enemies. One guy with a turret for defense, and one guy playing as Zero for extremely powerful long range and short range, and we'd be unstoppably awesome.

And now, to slog through the Tiny Tina section. Ughh.

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby arkiel » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:01 am

XCOM or Dishonored, XCOM or Dishonored.
;-; I can't decide. This is the best day ever.

Rj123541
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Rj123541 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:57 pm

I am going to try and play bullet run when I get home. Anyone want to play a few rounds?
logic.
ロジック
Avatar: "Irelia", my top lane masterpiece.

ssguy
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ssguy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:12 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:If you say so. I find all that multitasking to be a constant annoyance that just kills any fun that might be had in the genre because apparently everyone else on my side is a blithering idiot that has to be told exactly what to do and where to do it.

The entirety of an RTS game is telling other people what to do. Take that out, and what's left?

You might like Europa Universalis 3 more since it doesn't focus on managing individual troops, but a nation as a whole. I also think you'd like SRPGs, like Fire Emblem or GOTY 2008 also known as Valkyria Chronicles.

View Original Postarkiel wrote:XCOM or Dishonored, XCOM or Dishonored.
;-; I can't decide. This is the best day ever.

Dishonored. After having played a bit of both, Dishonored looks like a good game while Xcom just exists to piss off as many Xcom fans as possible.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:19 pm

View Original Postssguy wrote:The entirety of an RTS game is telling other people what to do. Take that out, and what's left?

I want to command in general, not have to micromanage every little thing... that's what junior officers are for. I'd like to see such a game built around not just deploying your forces, developing resources and establishing defenses, but also in developing a strong staff of junior officers who you can teach new tricks and mold out of bad habits as the game continues, assuming you don't get them killed. Make the game more closely resemble the actual experience of such a command, including politics from above and rivalries with other friendly units.

You might like Europa Universalis 3 more since it doesn't focus on managing individual troops, but a nation as a whole. I also think you'd like SRPGs, like Fire Emblem or GOTY 2008 also known as Valkyria Chronicles.

Perhaps. I am a fan of strategy RPGs like tactics ogre, ff tactics and front mission, mostly because it's reasonable to control a whole squad if the game gives you the time necessary to reasonably do so. Not so much the Nippon Ichi stuff though as they tend to be way too grindy. I've played some fire emblem and found it very bland.

EDIT:

So I picked up this "pride of nations" game because it was cheap and people seem to be all nutty about big world strategy games or whatever. Watched the tutorials and all that... and I still don't have the first idea what the hell I'm doing. Or what I should be doing. Or if I'm even accomplishing anything at all. I get the sense this could be an interesting game but I'm just utterly and completely lost. It's a combination of just too much crap all at once and not groking the basic premise.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:52 pm

If any of you blokes wanna to play some blimey Killing Floor give me a right good message on the ol' Steam. Now that the Halloween update is out I'm in in the mood for killing me some bloody zeds.

Oh, and I currently be goin' by Candlejack O'lantern in celebration of the holiday and all that. Pip pip cheerio.

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby arkiel » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:21 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:If any of you blokes wanna to play some blimey Killing Floor give me a right good message on the ol' Steam. Now that the Halloween update is out I'm in in the mood for killing me some bloody zeds.

Oh, and I currently be goin' by Candlejack *gawk!*

Fixed that for you.
I'd do some of that. Been a while since I played though.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:00 pm

View Original Postarkiel wrote:Fixed that for you.
I'd do some of that. Been a while since I played though.

I don't play that often anymore either, mostly during the events because they get me back in the mood. No biggy though, shooting npc's isn't so complicated that I need to practice though. And hit me up sometime, I'm not good with the whole organizing stuff but I might play some tonight.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:06 pm

Hai guys, sorry to be such a necro, but I found this thread from here so I figured I'd up and post (since I would very much like to join).

Conveniently enough, I am Agentomega on steam as well XD
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:28 pm

Sent you an invite.

And no need to apologize, I'm the one who asked to get the Steam thread put in the new OP. What with Q coming out in November we've had a lot of new members who've joined over the past 7 months who probably weren't even aware the thread existed, and bumping it would only have kept it up on the front page for so long. By putting it in the OP, even after this thread falls off the first page, new members can see that we have it on the front page of the Vidya Thread.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:47 pm

Cool beans. I'll also be inviting a couple folks from the Rebuild RP if it's cool - I reckon their names are the same here and there as well.

EDIT: Also, how did you get that nifty level notification to appear on your profile?
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:01 pm

I'm part of the new Steam Profile beta. They're rolling out updated profiles that look like mine with a bunch of new features. You can read all about it here.

Honestly? I prefer the old profile design. So much simpler, so much cleaner.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby arkiel » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:51 pm

So, on what day will we be playing Team Fortress 2?

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:09 pm

How do I join the Steam group? I use the same username (Shinoyami65) on Steam as I do here.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”