Do you think we will see a sequel ?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Genocide
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Genocide » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:30 pm

Nephilim wrote:I think that the best they can do is a PRECUEL
Because the end of evangelion was THE END !!!
It would be nice to know all the story of seele, Adam, Lilith, and that Ancient civilization thing...
Dont you think? :roll:

I agree. A sequel just won't work IMO.
"I wish everyone would just die."

Olin of Xephon
Ramiel
Ramiel

Mixed feelings...

•      
  •      

Postby Olin of Xephon » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:03 pm

I have some seriously mixed feelings about this one.

On the one hand I really do hope they make some kind of a sequel.
And I think it can be done without Anno without losing to much magic, Gainax is a pretty damn good animation company.

Granted, even that's a long shot. But I think they could nail it.

On the other hand, A sequel wouldn't work to well.
And While I'd get a prequel, I doubt it would be that interesting. No Shinji, Rei, or Asuka...or Kaouru.

I vote for something like with EVA-R, where it picks up the story some where in the middle (toward the end, at the start) and takes it in a completely different direction.

Now that I think about it, I don't have very many mixed feelings about this. That could be good.

Of course if Gainax or Anno can't come up with something good, better just leave well enough alone.
I asked "And where would you take me?"
At this the beast laughed, tears made of my mother's blood leaked from his eyes.
"I will take you to every place you never wanted to be, and you will hate it."
"Then I will take you to every place you've already been, and you will hate that also."
"Last I will take you to the places you have always dreamed of, and that you'll hate worst of all."

Abaddon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Abaddon » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:06 pm

I would prefer to see a prequel. A sequel would not have a place in the timeline. While a prequel may help reveal some of the mysteries of the series, it would also make the original series seem less magical in a way.
An alternate universe OVA; which rearranges events, characters, and world may not be such a bad idea.
Last edited by Abaddon on Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farwell happy fields, where joy forever dwells. Hail, Herrors, Hail abominations, and thy most profoundest hell, welcome your new ruler. One who's made is not changed by place or time. For the mind is it's own place, and can make a hell of heaven a heaven of hell. What matter where if I am eternally the same. Thus, for me, it is better to rule in hell then serve in heaven.

Olin of Xephon
Ramiel
Ramiel

We think alike you and I...

•      
  •      

Postby Olin of Xephon » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:14 pm

Agreed.

However, same deal I have with the movie, they can retell or rearrange events all they want, but I want a NEW series not a rehash or some kind of weak replay.
I asked "And where would you take me?"
At this the beast laughed, tears made of my mother's blood leaked from his eyes.
"I will take you to every place you never wanted to be, and you will hate it."
"Then I will take you to every place you've already been, and you will hate that also."
"Last I will take you to the places you have always dreamed of, and that you'll hate worst of all."

Abaddon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Abaddon » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:43 pm

On a slightly darker yet humorous side. We could always kidnap Anno and (using psychological torture) force him into a pit of depression. While in this poor mental state, we would infuse subliminal visions of a sequel to eva with the promise of salvation and freedom from his resurrected inner demons.

(Parents lock your doors and hide your rosy faced children. For something wicked this way comes)
Farwell happy fields, where joy forever dwells. Hail, Herrors, Hail abominations, and thy most profoundest hell, welcome your new ruler. One who's made is not changed by place or time. For the mind is it's own place, and can make a hell of heaven a heaven of hell. What matter where if I am eternally the same. Thus, for me, it is better to rule in hell then serve in heaven.

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:51 pm

Well if a large amount of inner pain caused Anno to create Eva, than perhaps a large douse of OUTER PAIN WILL MAKE HIM MAKE ANOTHER!
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:54 pm

As I have reported previously, the director, Hideaki Anno, did in fact tinker with some ideas for a sequel of some sort after the Eva movies were done. Whether this ambition was signifcant, or will ever resurface is questionable. A miniscule possiblity exists, but I doubt it will ever happen.

Quiddity
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Quiddity » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:56 am

Sigh... why can't things just end? Eva had a nice conclusion, one that makes it extremely difficult for a sequel to be made (and I'm perfectly happy with that). A sequel would ruin things. And any prequel or side story would taint the franchise as a whole even more (its already been tainted IMHO with Eva hentai, the absurd amount of rereleases by Gainax, etc...). No more Eva ever. Thats what I want.
"Quiddity is the sea. And in it are islands, called the Ephemeris. Three dips in the dream-sea. Any less, and we'd be insane. Any more and we wouldn't be human"

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:39 am

Quiddity wrote:Sigh... why can't things just end? Eva had a nice conclusion, one that makes it extremely difficult for a sequel to be made (and I'm perfectly happy with that). A sequel would ruin things. And any prequel or side story would taint the franchise as a whole even more (its already been tainted IMHO with Eva hentai, the absurd amount of rereleases by Gainax, etc...). No more Eva ever. Thats what I want.

I agree completely. Well said.

Karma Burn
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Karma Burn » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:50 pm

I agree with Quiddity on this one. There doesn't need to be sequel. There doesn't need to be a prequel. Hell, there doesn't need to be any movies (live-action or otherwise). Eva is fine how it is. A work of genius that even bloomed in a budget crisis. The fact that the series was raped by pointless dating sims and video games (except for Eva 2, we'll have to see what happens when that one comes out) just disturbs me. Gainax has already made it on to my hate list, a sequel would cause me to perform a criminal act against them that would include explosives. (Well, actually I wouldn't. I'm jst saying that, but you get the picture.)
"Everyone but me has gone fucking nuts. I'm the eye of the goddam storm." - Tycho, Penny Arcade (Or a very irrate Fuyutsuki)

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby max3000 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:08 pm

cain luppus wrote:
Quiddity wrote:Sigh... why can't things just end? Eva had a nice conclusion, one that makes it extremely difficult for a sequel to be made (and I'm perfectly happy with that). A sequel would ruin things. And any prequel or side story would taint the franchise as a whole even more (its already been tainted IMHO with Eva hentai, the absurd amount of rereleases by Gainax, etc...). No more Eva ever. Thats what I want.

I agree completely. Well said.

Ditto.
Last edited by max3000 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wildarmsheero
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby wildarmsheero » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:11 pm

Karma Burn wrote:I agree with Quiddity on this one. There doesn't need to be sequel. There doesn't need to be a prequel. Hell, there doesn't need to be any movies (live-action or otherwise). Eva is fine how it is. A work of genius that even bloomed in a budget crisis. The fact that the series was raped by pointless dating sims and video games (except for Eva 2, we'll have to see what happens when that one comes out) just disturbs me. Gainax has already made it on to my hate list, a sequel would cause me to perform a criminal act against them that would include explosives. (Well, actually I wouldn't. I'm jst saying that, but you get the picture.)

Stop bashin' ol' Gainax. If you had the chance to get free money, you'd take it too, right?
Comic | Art | Music | Blog | Anime | DVDs
The Galaxy Express 999 will take you on a journey, a never-ending journey. The Galaxy Express 999 will take you on a journey into the stars!

KaworuNagisa17
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby KaworuNagisa17 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:18 pm

even IF Anno WOULD do it, I would not be interested at all

End of Eva was just as it's titled. if a sequel is made, I know I'll condemn it....at least until it gets rave reviews and my curiosity wins over the rest of me ^^;;
Is Gendo Ikari gonna have to choke a bitch??

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:07 pm

As much as I'd love to see another story from ann witht these great characters I don't think it will happen. Unless the people at ProductionIG use whatever magic got Ghost in the Shell 2 made by the origianl creator on Anno then their hope.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:49 pm

It might be cool to see a higher-end production featuring the same characters in an alternate sequence of events, ala "Children of an Elder God".

Or hell, instead of a movie, I wouldn't even mind seeing a Westernized live-action TV series with its own spin on events. ADV is a rook in that field, right? That would give even more reason to make the movie.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”