Kikakusho - Proposal

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

Deyno
Adam

Kikakusho - Proposal

•      
  •      

Postby Deyno » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:30 am

Greetings
I want to know if there transcriptions of all the "Proposal of evangelion" or any project to transcribe and translate the remaining pages.

check it
http://wiki.evageeks.org/Resources:Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_Proposal_(Translation)

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:59 pm

I plan on cleaning up that page and adding some additional translations eventually. Thanks for reminding me about it.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Deyno
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Deyno » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:55 pm

thanks
I think a very interesting document.
I'll be waiting

Curquix
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Curquix » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:11 pm

Very interesting, please more translations.

Deyno
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Deyno » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:24 pm

[url]http://wiki.evageeks.org/Resources:Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_Proposal_(Translation)#Page_16_.28Hierarchy.29[/url]
I think this is wrong, and not only that, also many other things in the translation

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun May 08, 2011 10:47 pm

Are you referring to the formatting? The translation was just copy-pasted without incorporating any formatting, which is why it looks the way it does. If you feel up to editing the Proposal article to take care of this problem, it would save me a whole lot of work later when I revise the actual translations. Let me know if you're interested.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Deyno
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Deyno » Sun May 08, 2011 11:33 pm

I think it is an important document, but I can't help with translation. :shinji_boohoo: :shinji_boohoo:

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun May 08, 2011 11:40 pm

You don't have to. This is just mediawiki formatting that I'm talking about. (The pages up through 9 are formatted. As you can see, most of the others are not.) If you can do that, or learn how to, then you can help expedite the revised translations.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

gwern
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby gwern » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:55 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Are you referring to the formatting? The translation was just copy-pasted without incorporating any formatting, which is why it looks the way it does. If you feel up to editing the Proposal article to take care of this problem, it would save me a whole lot of work later when I revise the actual translations.

If I had any idea what sort of tree the hierarchy is supposed to look like, I'd do it myself. The Mediawiki markup is pretty straightforward:

[code:1]
[/code:1]

etc.

JoeD80
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby JoeD80 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:53 pm

A few days ago there was mention in the Rebuild forum from the Anno interview about a plan for an "origami angel" that Tsurumaki said came from the original proposal. So after finding that page, I translated a bit, and then just went crazy and translated the whole 35 pages for myself.

The translations are OK (I haven't really studied Japanese in about a year), but I did want to make at least one comment for now before I post some more thoughts I had later:

On page 9, the kanji "以下" after the mention of "Mass-Production" type Eva 06 means "and beyond."
On page 15, there's mention of "Construction Plan #2" to within the next 3 years have new facilities in China and Australia. "Construction Plan #1" on page 14 is building 5 total Evas. So plan #2 appears to be the mass-production Evas.

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”