Theory & Analysis Pages

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

Shin-seiki
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:16 pm

Reichu wrote:I say the point is a valid one to mention, with the note that it could be an error (but we have no way of knowing).
I agree; while I certainly like to believe that it was on purpose, inasmuch as it correlates nicely with my interpretation that Ritsuko, and Ritsuko alone, was Unit-00's target in both berserk incidents (i.e. Gendo and Rei's apparent targeting is a red herring), absent some evidence in the storyboards, script notes, or whatever to confirm that it is a deliberate discrepancy, it can't be represented as some sort of definite proof.

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:06 am

Reichu wrote:Since all of us can't keep an eye on all of the talk pages all the time, it might be a good idea to cast out alerts in forum threads -- though I really don't want a NEW thread being created every time something like this comes up. Create some general ones, and then just use those. V, always make sure there isn't a thread that could satisfy your purpose first; we don't have the ability to merge here.

I say the point is a valid one to mention, with the note that it could be an error (but we have no way of knowing).

this sounds like a great idea and answer to many of the issues we've recently had
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Oedipusfoot
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Oedipusfoot » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:29 am

So instead of posting a writeup about further explanations on the train motif here (that conflict with the present analysis), would I set up another discussion thread for it? All the threads here are very general, so I don't know what is normally done. I also have an issue with something written about the manga, and other specific things.

The rules say to post on a 'discussion' page related to the article. I am afraid to post something very specific, especially on a general thread that has not a lot to do with what I have an issue with.

And it seems I came on too late to contribute to the Angel/Lilith/Adam gender talk...

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:11 am

Do you mean the "Talk" page? For example:

http://www.evageeks.org/FGP/Analysis_of_the_Episode_23%27_Reiquarium_Images

Has a Talk page here:

http://www.evageeks.org/FGP/Talk:Analysis_of_the_Episode_23%27_Reiquarium_Images

Which you can get to by clicking on the "Discussion" tab.

The talk page is where discussion on that specific article happens. If the discussion is on something general, or applies to multiple articles, it's probably better to bring it up in this subforum.

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:45 pm

Ornette wrote:If the discussion is on something general, or applies to multiple articles, it's probably better to bring it up in this subforum.

This. The talk pages aren't that conductive to discussion. Pretty much any thread here will get more traffic and more input.

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:11 pm

I've taken the liberty of adding a preliminary Theory and Analysis page on Ritsuko and Gendo's relationship. It's patchy at the moment, but I think there's enough material for a complete page.

My reasoning behind this page is twofold. Firstly, there are deeper aspects to the relationship which are of interest in and of themselves. Secondly, while some material might find itself in the (as yet unstarted) Ritsuko's Interrogation page, my thinking is that the creation and editing of that page will be simplified by offloading some material to the relationship page instead.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:22 pm

I took the liberty of adding a little material to the Theory and Analysis section of the "Psych References" Page. Nothing really substantial, just a few good links and a superficial glazing in order to get rid of the crap that existed prior.

Also, I noticed that there is a psychological and religious reference page, but no philosophical one? Permission to right this awful wrong with a page of relevant links and basic analysis.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:57 am

View Original Postran1 wrote:Also, I noticed that there is a psychological and religious reference page, but no philosophical one? Permission to right this awful wrong with a page of relevant links and basic analysis.

Hmmmm.... I can't say I've ever really seen philosophy as being anywhere near as prominent as psychology in Evangelion. This of course isn't helped by the fact that I really have no idea what philosophy actually is. Do we have any threads on this?
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:31 am

View Original PostObsessiveMathsFreak wrote:Hmmmm.... I can't say I've ever really seen philosophy as being anywhere near as prominent as psychology in Evangelion. This of course isn't helped by the fact that I really have no idea what philosophy actually is. Do we have any threads on this?

Admittedly, philosophy is a fluid term-- but anything referencing Kierkegaard (19th century Danish Theistic Existentialist), like the episode title, Kaji's conversations with Shinji reflect his solipsism, and basically everything in Episode 26/Episode 26' work as throwbacks to various treatises. I'm not sure if there is a particular thread that outlines this, but I'll give it a look through the discussion forum.

See, philosophy is very subtle in Eva, and also runs the risk of being misinterpreted, so ideally, I'll take a look at some material and then probably run it by any of the other philo nerds on the forum before I present anything.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:54 pm

Bumping.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”