Mari/Kaji, IPEA/Nerv (was: Eva-05's plug thingy)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:55 am

View Original Postmakinami wrote:Image

Just noticed the two "moons" (the two smaller circles) orbiting the one "Earth" (the largest circle) in that logo. Probably significant that one of the moons seems to be the three eyed Eva's core too.

@makinami: It might also be an atom, but the symbolism of two moons is probably more relevant.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

IPEA's role in Q

•      
  •      

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:44 pm

I've been pondering about this for a while but had no idea how to bring this into how the next movie would go. We know Tokyo-3 is definitely a wreck so staying there for all the movie is a big no no. However, what is IPEA's role? For one, they appear to have access to the EVAs with no NERV interference.

This got me thinking into the whole thing about IPEA opposing Seele. However, the real question is, Kaworu is here, with Mark.6 so how do they plan on taking them down.

A theory was that 08 is IPEAs answer to Mark.6 and that the pilot and Kaworu will come to blows in the future. So... what do you think IPEA might be up to?
SO THERE I WAS BEING KUBO, WHEN THE EDITORS CAME IN AND WERE LIKE "YOU NEED TO DO MORE THAN PANELS OF WHITE PILLARS AND BLACKGROUNDS!" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" SO THEY WERE LIKE "WELL HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY DYING?" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" AND I MADE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY. I LOVE MY LIFE.

Mana
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Mana » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:04 am

I think it's safe to say that IPEA is against SEELE, but I'm not sure if IPEA is directly against NERV as well. Hell, IPEA might actually be wanting to help NERV to some extent in order to have at least partial assistance when fighting off SEELE. (Then backstabbing NERV afterwards...) I think it would be pretty amazing to see Shinji and Mari team up against Kaworu if the Mark.06 was ascending into Central Dogma in an attempt to fuse with Lilith like in the next-time preview after 2.0.

I'm leaning towards Unit-08 being something spawned off of Unit-01 with some clusterfuck version of Rei as its pilot. So... perhaps that leaves Unit-07 as Mari's new Eva? (Unless for whatever reason it gets destroyed offscreen like Unit-04 did.) If both cases end up coming true (not including what if Unit-07 were to be destroyed), then Rei, Shinji, and Mari VS Kaworu would be something I would pray for. (Even better if Asuka somehow got involved but I'm really doubting this.)

As for IPEA's exact intentions... I think the organization may just want to prevent all possible variations of Third Impact from taking place.
Last edited by Mana on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
call me vapor instead of this account's displayhandle, please
(account is old, abandoned for years after briefly using it during 3.0's hype)

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:12 am

This started out as a simple reply, but I made it into a separate thread because I think it's worth discussing in a more in-depth fashion. It can be found here:
[url]http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/13052/Possible-lead-on-Evangelion-Unit-07/[/url]
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Re: The Entry Plug's plane on Eva-05 (and what it may imply)

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:01 am

Don't believe anybody else commented on this so I'm curious:

View Original PostJornophelanthas wrote:The entire base was blown up. Even if anyone survived, the place is a mess and it would be no surprise that her body was never found.

If Bethany Base was completely blown up, who's Kaji overhearing when he's in the helicopter? I assumed the rooftop area was destroyed and all the staff were still alive (considering the staff are in a ship).

Does the 2.0 CRC or the script mention anything about the fate of the Base (and the staff), I wonder?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:36 am

The structure of Bethany Base is kind of weird, in that the principal staff are housed in the Ural II, while all of the action look place in the Limbo Area (the big egg-shaped thing) / Acheron (rooftop area with the pillars, presumably). I don't think it's made explicitly clear how much of Limbo was destroyed... but it's not as if they have much of a use for the facility now anyway, unless Seele have another Angel they want to put on ice.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Re: The Entry Plug's plane on Eva-05 (and what it may imply)

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:23 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:If Bethany Base was completely blown up, who's Kaji overhearing when he's in the helicopter? I assumed the rooftop area was destroyed and all the staff were still alive (considering the staff are in a ship).

Damn. I've seen the film at least five times and never got that impression at all. I wish more screen time was devoted to Bethany. There's a LOT going on there and you're thrown into all this stuff with very little primer.

Kylialiel
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kylialiel » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:09 pm

View Original PostMana wrote: So... perhaps that leaves Unit-07 as Mari's new Eva? (Unless for whatever reason it gets destroyed offscreen like Unit-04 did.) If both cases end up coming true (not including what if Unit-07 were to be destroyed),.

Uhmmm I got this feeling Unit-07 will be just a prototype, like the Unit-00 =/ or perhaps it will be Unit-00 v2.0.

Who knows, maybe some Rei clone will be the 07s pilot.

Mana
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Mana » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:26 pm

^ I can't imagine why Unit-07 would be a prototype unless it would test a new technology that was never in the original series.

The thought of Unit-07 being a new Unit-00 in spirit came to my mind as well since Shinji did pull 00's core out of Big Z. But, the reason why I favor the idea of Unit-07 belonging to Mari is because as of now she doesn't have her own Eva. (There may even be a Unit-09 reserved for Mari but that sounds a bit ridiculous.)

Well now... here's an idea I just thought of... Since Mari herself is a mystery, I think it would make sense for her to pilot the mysterious Unit-07.
call me vapor instead of this account's displayhandle, please
(account is old, abandoned for years after briefly using it during 3.0's hype)

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”