Eva Action Figures [2]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:00 pm

My, my... I was thinking on collecting all of our opinions about Revo and RD, make an unbiased video about it and whenever someone new came by to ask, give them the link... Then we would not have to pass the age old discussion...
Again...

What do you think...?

Also, week post...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

RocK01
Embryo

Postby RocK01 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:13 pm

Hey, I'm trying to get my first Eva-01 figure(i only tend to collect Rei, Mari, Asuka, etc. figures :shinchair:), so which one do you guys recommend me to get? i don't care about the size, but in terms of badarseness which one is the best? i'm a bit behind when it comes to the eva figures themselves so any help would be appreciated.

Sarge133
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Sarge133 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:20 pm

Rebuild or Series?

For Series? Go for Soul SPEC EVA-01 Renewal version. It's tops in every way. Has die cast parts, near 1:1 in screen accuracy, removable armor, all the accessories you could want, solid as a rock, working entry plug system. It's great, hoping to get one myself soon.

Rebuild? Pick either Robot Damashii or Revoltech, either one is good and are pretty well even. The Soul SPEC version to me personally is off in the screen accuracy department.

RocK01
Embryo

Postby RocK01 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:33 pm

View Original PostSarge133 wrote:Rebuild or Series?

For Series? Go for Soul SPEC EVA-01 Renewal version. It's tops in every way. Has die cast parts, near 1:1 in screen accuracy, removable armor, all the accessories you could want, solid as a rock, working entry plug system. It's great, hoping to get one myself soon.

Rebuild? Pick either Robot Damashii or Revoltech, either one is good and are pretty well even. The Soul SPEC version to me personally is off in the screen accuracy department.

I don't mind either one.

I've looked up the Soul SPEC Eva 01 & they look pretty neat, love the colors from the awaking ver. & the accessories it comes with, I'm slowly leaning towards this series. The Robot Damashii one also looks great, but judging by some pics I saw on ebay, their Eva 01 looks somewhat... blue-ish? I dunno. The revoltech one looks pretty good as well, I saw one in a store last year & liked what I saw, so I'm on fence between Revoltech & Soul Spec, I'll give it some thought.

Thanks for suggestions.
Last edited by RocK01 on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sarge133
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Sarge133 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:36 pm

Well, I think if you go Soul SPEC you've made a fine choice. Expensive one, but a fine one. Soul SPEC Evas are some of the best around.

I'm just now starting to collect them myself. Displaying them is another matter...need to clear off some room for these big boys.

In fact just ordered one that I thought I'd never get. (Hint: Look at my avatar for a clue as to which one)

Revoltech? I only have experience with an older style Revoltech Eva, so I am unable to give you input on that one.

Anyway you go, your getting a fine figure.

EDIT: The Robot Damashii Eva-01 always looks blue-ish in pictures. In person, its purple like the rest of them. Always been something I've scratched my head about. But yes, RD 01 IS purple. Not the blue in pictures.

RocK01
Embryo

Postby RocK01 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:08 am

Ha. I know what you mean, it's pretty expensive alright, but I'm getting a bit tired of buying other anime figures & I think I need to buff up my EVA collection a bit more so that leaves me with enough cash to buy it, heck, I might go as far as buying all 3 versions of the Eva 01 you suggested(I'll look up more Robot Damashii EVA 01 pics though since it's also a bit expensive). With Evangelion 3.0 coming this year I imagine we'll see even more EVA's figures coming along I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for them too.

& nice choice on the EVA 02 figure, I'll try to get me some EVA 00 & 02 figures eventually.

Sarge133
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Sarge133 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:19 am

Don't spend TOO much on the RD Eva-01. I think they are out of print or something right now, the prices seem to have skyrocketed on Robot Damashii Evas.

Eva-01 seems to be the easiest way to go if you want to buff your collection. Tons of versions and always made in large numbers.
Eva-02 is the "popular" one here in the States, so it's always pretty hard to find it when it goes out of print. Such as the Soul SPEC (normally $200+ for a Eva-02. No I didn't pay THAT much)
Eva-00 is abit easier as it is the "unpopular" one. Only the RD is far too expensive for what you get, please don't pay the prices you see on eBay. It is a $50 figure at most, unless you HAVE to have it. I've been pretty nice on my reviews of figures, that'll change when I review my RD Eva-00.

I tend to be the "cheap" collector. When a figure hits a certain price point, I won't buy it. Such as RD Eva-00. I refused to pay the prices that everyone wanted to ask. Eventually I found it on the cheap. unfortunately this means my collection isn't as...extensive as some others here.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:33 am

View Original PostSarge133 wrote:Don't spend TOO much on the RD Eva-01. I think they are out of print or something right now, the prices seem to have skyrocketed on Robot Damashii Evas.

Once again, one of my longest standing points of opinion said -_-
RD's are really good, but rarely will a Revoltech's price will go as high...

View Original PostSarge133 wrote:this means my collection isn't as...extensive as some others here.

An extensive collection doesn't mean you have "ze bisto" one...
It's really a matter of preferences: a collection of unopened boxes? A set of expensive desk decoration? A bunch of toys in a glass case to prove your status?
The point of collecting is that you know that you truly like whatever you collect... Irregardless of the more, ejem, vain purpouses you may pursue...

Just sharing opinion...

In any case, the recommendation I give is: buy the Revos for a complete Eva family; buy RD's for great posing and sculpt; buy models for accuracy and display...

Sarge133
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Sarge133 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:47 am

View Original Postarael wrote:Once again, one of my longest standing points of opinion said -_-
RD's are really good, but rarely will a Revoltech's price will go as high...

Revoltech prices get sort of high, but nowhere near RD levels. EoE Unit-02 is a pain in the butt to find cheap. Yes, RD are expensive. Very nice, but expensive. I don't regret at all that I chose to go the RD route. Well, until I wanted 00 and 03.

View Original Postarael wrote:An extensive collection doesn't mean you have "ze bisto" one...
It's really a matter of preferences: a collection of unopened boxes? A set of expensive desk decoration? A bunch of toys in a glass case to prove your status?
The point of collecting is that you know that you truly like whatever you collect... Irregardless of the more, ejem, vain purpouses you may pursue...

I'm happy with my collection, I was more alluding to my only being able to concretely form an informed opinion on a relatively small portion of the Eva Figure lineup. I'll still give an opinion based on what I've learned from others who own the figure in question.

arael, I'd call your collection "extensive" how many times have you bought the complete Revoltech Eva lineup?

If someone had a question about specifics on a Revoltech Eva, I'd tell them to go to you or possibly shaneva. You two have the experience with them far beyond what I will. Hell, your the one who turned me from "RD for life!" to "Eh...get the Revo, cheaper to go that route and you'll be just as happy"

View Original Postarael wrote:Just sharing opinion...

In any case, the recommendation I give is: buy the Revos for a complete Eva family; buy RD's for great posing and sculpt; buy models for accuracy and display...

Very true, completely forgot about the models.

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

"Fixing" a Revoltech Unit-01 figure

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:15 am

Okay, first of all, if this is the wrong section for this, I apologize.

But anyways, I took out my Unit-01 figure to take a photograph of her and I was going to swap the head for the berserk head and when I took her regular head off, well...

That piece there popped off.

I'm just wondering if I can put it back on, I mean if it popped off, I should be able to, but I'm wondering how.

I don't wanna potentially ruin the figure.

Thanks.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:16 am

View Original PostSarge133 wrote:Revoltech prices get sort of high, but nowhere near RD levels. EoE Unit-02 is a pain in the butt to find cheap.

It is now? Hmm... I always considered that version to be the easiest to find, I found mine at about $15 a few years back when I started my collection... The Tv version was and is far more difficult (mine had to come with unit 03 from the UK)

View Original PostSarge133 wrote:arael, I'd call your collection "extensive" how many times have you bought the complete Revoltech Eva lineup?

Well... Only with the 2.0 mold actually... Never got the LE's of the first Eva 01 (the glow in dark or the Yamaguchi color) nor the Rebuild 1.0 Eva 01 and I don't have the official release of EvaEvo 04... Let alone the many obscure LE's like the 5 clear figures, the 3 minis, the Pachinko set and the Mark VI-Eva 04 set...

Sarge133
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Sarge133 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:03 am

looks like 3.0 merch is starting to see the light of day!

Bandai Evangelion Mark 06 Model Kit
Release Date: Sept 2012, Price: 4200 yen

Japan's LAWSON Convenient Store - Evangelion Movie Q Exclusive Collectables
- EVA Mark-06 Figure Statue (Price: 7500 yen)
- C-Style: Asuka Langley Soryu & Rei Ayanmi Figure Limted Edition (Price: 3000 yen)
- Asuka Langley (Loppi Ver.) (Price:7980 yen)

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby AR-99 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:24 pm

Amazing what you can find in Japanese convenience store. Of course they've figured out how to make the figures of Asuka with the eye patch alluring.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Sarge133
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Sarge133 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:20 pm

Just posted RD EVA-00's review! Its not a happy one. First real negative review I've done.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:08 pm

WOW! And Evangelion model kit! I though the line was "deader" than Dumbledore...

Now, the Revoltech 2.0 mold came out almost 15 days before the movie... Can we expect the same again?

Or in the dark side... A "preliminary" version and then a "movie color" version like with Eva 05?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:09 pm

I'ts quite simple, you have to...
Wait a minute 'till I take some pics from mine... I'm lousy at putting this in words...

UPDATE:

Check here a fully illustrated guide

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:48 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:I'ts quite simple, you have to...
Wait a minute 'till I take some pics from mine... I'm lousy at putting this in words...

UPDATE:

Check here a fully illustrated guide

Thanks!
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:55 pm

Ur welcome!

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:12 pm

Actually, I'll need to fix it better (my hands are a bit sweaty right now), but at least I got it back on.

I'll just have to adjust it later.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:20 pm

Well, it just needs to get in the right position... Don't worry, it ain't broken...

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”