More Eva? (Recent news: "Rebuild" Newtype article)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Rawinder
Lilith

Postby Rawinder » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:44 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:It's not pure narcissism when you have some reasonably objective measure of superiority - but it can be very lonely up there on the mountain top.

That's egoism, not narcissism.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:53 pm

Reichu wrote:I don't like Asuka because she's a self-deluding, whiny bitch who wouldn't know what was good for her if it wrung her neck like a wet towel. (Pardon the metaphor.).

"Superiority" is a very fickle and tenuous thing.

"lol you lost your eva whose laughing know you suck lololololol! not so superior now lam0rz "
"NO ONE LOVE ME. NO ONE WORSHIP ME. NO ONE CARE IF I LIVE. MESA WANNA DIE."

But I digress. The Asuka Model has fatal flaws -- let's leave it at that.

QFTx10

DarkMirage
Embryo

Postby DarkMirage » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:10 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:
[url]http://www.darkmirage.com/2006/11/12/more-details-on-new-evangelion-project[/url] wrote:The first movie will revolve around the events covered in episode 6 of the TV series, basically Operation Yashima where Eva-01 takes down the angel with a positron rifle. That episode did not turn out the way Mr. Anno wanted it to, due to last-decade technical limitations, and he wants to make it right this time. Operation Yashima will be the climax of the first movie.

I think this guy's confusing Rebulid with LAME, I mean LAEM. :Mrgreen:
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Untitled_Evangelion_Project[/url] wrote:A-6 Treatment

No official storyline has been announced; some sources indicate that it could be based on the first few episodes of the TV series. Fan speculation on this likelihood gradually gave rise to a wide expectation that the movie will be a liberal adaptation of the first six episodes, which has come to be known as the "A-6 Treatment". Allowing for some divergence from the original storyline, A-6 theory holds that the the film will likely focus on Shinji's arrival in New Tokyo and the set of difficult transitions awaiting him there, as well as establish and emphasize character relationships between Shinji, Misato, and possibly Rei. The A-6 Treatment theory finds itself in a place that presents probably the most domestic, character-driven approach to introducing the world of Evangelion; if the movie is successful, sequels would follow the official storyline of the show and take on an orientation more suited to emphasize action and plot. In 2005, the idea of an Evangelion trilogy was touted as being a near-certainty by Matt Greenfield, although he referenced only his own desire for such as well as the anonymous desires of everyone thus far involved.

I also have the distanct feeling this guy's putting his own thoughts into the "information". "It's gonna be crazy"?? Um, where did he get THAT from? And what kind of crazy? Typical Evangelion "everyone turns into Tang as we take a mental trip (Read: EoTV and EoE)" crazy? "You don't have to be nuts to work at NERV but it sure helps" crazy? "I mean, What the f..."

Well, that's my two pennies for the day.

Hiya, DarkMirage here.

Just to clarify, everything I mentioned in that entry came directly from the December issue of Newtype Japan. Even the "crazy" part. Really. I didn't confuse anything, blame it on Newtype if the information is wrong. That said, Newtype articles are as close to official information as you can get.

Don't shoot the messenger! :P

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:21 pm

Oh, that's fine. ^^; Thanks for clearing that up!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Space Penis » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:37 pm

You know what be sort of nice? A one-episode OVA or something focussing on Kaji. Like, following why he's so intent on finding the truth, how he went about his shady investigations, y'know. Stuff like that. I was always a tad annoyed at how little we really know about Kaji, and that "side-story" rumour thing would be a great oppertunity to do something like this.

A sort of detective-noir style would be fitting, I think.
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

Rawinder
Lilith

Postby Rawinder » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:15 pm

Space Penis wrote:You know what be sort of nice? A one-episode OVA or something focussing on Kaji. Like, following why he's so intent on finding the truth, how he went about his shady investigations, y'know. Stuff like that. I was always a tad annoyed at how little we really know about Kaji, and that "side-story" rumour thing would be a great oppertunity to do something like this.

Sounds like a great premise for Evangelion Detective 2! ;)

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby The Bastard King » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:41 pm

Rawinder wrote:
Space Penis wrote:You know what be sort of nice? A one-episode OVA or something focussing on Kaji. Like, following why he's so intent on finding the truth, how he went about his shady investigations, y'know. Stuff like that. I was always a tad annoyed at how little we really know about Kaji, and that "side-story" rumour thing would be a great oppertunity to do something like this.

Sounds like a great premise for Evangelion Detective 2! ;)

You know, I was thinking that was a good idea until I read your post. Because Gainax would probably think the same exact thing.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:33 am

Rawinder wrote:Sounds like a great premise for Evangelion Detective 2! ;)

Not wacky enough! Image
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Space Penis » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:14 pm

Reichu wrote:
Rawinder wrote:Sounds like a great premise for Evangelion Detective 2! ;)

Not wacky enough! Image

Maybe if we make Kaji a duck.
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

Alfonso
Adam

Postby Alfonso » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:42 pm

Eh, I thought something looked different the normal Eva art, and with the recent news that the character designs in these will be done by someone other than Sadamoto, I guess my original suspicions were right. >_>

I mean, the scan on the main site doesn't look that bad, but it looks... well, different from the Eva I know and love. That, coupled with the fact they are apprantly changing the NERV and SEELE logos (Worst decision ever.) means that this will be a totally different Eva experience to me.

I'll wait and see though. I just dread when this is released on DVD and all those n00by anime fans either think the old series/movies are crap or don't need know they exist. x_x
[insert generic 'Asuka is hot' signature here]

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:53 pm

Space Penis wrote:Maybe if we make Kaji a duck.

Strangely enough, Koichi Yamadera is the voice of Donald Duck in Japan.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:28 pm

What hasn't the man done?

I swear, he's in every one of my favorites!

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:33 am

I don't think it's official yet that Kaworu and Rei are the main characters of the new Rebuild of Evangelion.

All I've heard is they'll be more prevelant in the new films. Obviously this means Kaworu won't be introduced at the LAST MOMENT like he was in the series and it probably means that Rei won't disappear for such long periods of time as she did in the serie's first half.

Anywho, its still a bit too early for anyone to be making any concrete assumptions about what these films are going to be. So far all the facts anyone has to base these things on is a combination of a few small lines in a magazine (Rei and Kaworu will be more important-, we'll focus more on this aspect here)- most of which have been highly vague. WHILE the rest has been internet babble, the most untrusted source of all.

I am excited to see what direction Hideaki Anno and the ENTIRE HEAD EVA crew (except Sadamoto it seems) is going to take these movies. I'm sure the action and visuals will pumped up, no worries there (curiously enough will they have the balls to change up the appearance of some of anime's most iconic characters like Misato, Asuka, and Rei? We'll see- I hope not) but Anno with the excpetion of Cutie Honey hasn't exactly been making happy movies. Shiki-Jitsu was pretty brutal but did have a ray of hope and Love & Pop was just.....shudder...

I trust Anno and them to make something worthwhile.

At the very least this'll be 10 times better than that retarded live action Eva project. Which I hope died.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:31 am

Gendo'sPapa wrote:I don't think it's official yet that Kaworu and Rei are the main characters of the new Rebuild of Evangelion.

http://www.animenewsservice.com/archives/evafilm.htm

Jonah Morgan wrote:The main house lights dimmed, a spotlight was focused towards the front, 2 men appeared to walk out a door near the left side of the front of the theater, very close to our seating position. One man, (Inoue-san) I didn't recognize at first but the other (ootsuki-san) I did recognize immediately from his most recent picture in the Evangelion Newtype scoop piece. Ootsuki talked at length about working on Eva in the mid-late 1990's leading into the films we were about to see. Some of the conversation I could pickup on and some I couldn't. Luckily, I was sitting next to Iijima-san and he provided on the spot translation (A big thanks!!!!!). Having covered Eva's past the conversation then turned to the new Rebuild of Evangelion project and series' future. Familiar still images from the spreads in the October issue of Newtype appeared on the big screen as he recapped a lot of that info. The slide show stopped on the cover image of Kaworu and Rei, it was at this point that it was mentioned the 2 characters would play a feature role in the "first part" of the new film series and that the story would focus on a school setting prior to the angel arrival.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:43 am

I don't know.

There's a difference between FEATURE role and MAIN role.

I'll wait till I see the film. I'm not doubting that Kaworu and Rei are going to be ultra important in these films and have lots of screen time but I wouldn't make any assumptions that its THEIR story yet

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:05 am

The quote was intended to show what has actually been said about Rei and Kaworu's roles, not what hasn't been said.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:52 pm

lol, this has its own forum now?

Aren't we a few months ahead of ourselves or something?

Whatever.

BTW, all the cool kids write "gekijouban" as one word. -ban really functions as a suffix here.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:57 pm

hay guys, posting in a new forum
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:04 pm

Reichu wrote:BTW, all the cool kids write "gekijouban" as one word. -ban really functions as a suffix here.

Even if that's the better way of romanizing it, I'm going to leave it that way just to irritate you. :P

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:21 pm

さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”