A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

The Bison in the room. B/

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:22 pm

I'd really like to know how Appa reproduced.

Are Sky Bison Asexual?

And what happened to the one or two other Bison? Tenzin took off on one separate from his family, but in the blimp chase they were suddenly all on the same one.

Also, I just did the math, Ang died at 65. The Hell? Kyoshi lived 262 years, Ang was a frooty monk living the health-nut life, what in blue-blazes made him die so early?
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:23 pm

100 years meditating in an iceberg?
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:03 am

I want to see a series about Tenzin's kids. Those three are just incredible.

Asami Sato
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Asami Sato » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:47 pm

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:100 years meditating in an iceberg?

Better than a whole year in coma due to Newtype magic.

So am I the only woman here who somehow felt attracted to Korra the first time she saw her? :sachi_blush:
Avatar: Princess Azula, the sociopathic badass sexy bitch that will kill you by just glaring at your face.
When I get a boyfriend: "Together, we will be the strongest couple in the world! We will DOMINATE THE EARTH!"
"Zuzu! You don't look so good!"
"I support the shipping of TDSA and Aiko Heiwa." - Defectron

BornIn1142
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Re: The Bison in the room. B/

•      
  •      

Postby BornIn1142 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:25 pm

At this point, it's looking more and more likely that Amon doesn't remove bending, but steals it. He's not some second "Avatar," but he'll definitely be able to go toe to toe with Avatar State Korra if he can bend three elements.

View Original PostAlaska Slim wrote:I'd really like to know how Appa reproduced.

(...)

Also, I just did the math, Ang died at 65. The Hell? Kyoshi lived 262 years, Ang was a frooty monk living the health-nut life, what in blue-blazes made him die so early?

Tsk, tsk. You are woefully behind on your non-televised material.

It's been mentioned that Aang found a lost herd of sky bisons after the war, and that the time he spent frozen reduced his natural lifespan.
"I'm afraid you can't create tragedy out of abnormal psychology." - Andrew Sarris.

Asami Sato
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Asami Sato » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:42 pm

I am an Asami fangirl. I love Asami Sato, in the literal and figurative sense. So, I've decided to follow a trend I've seen in another thread: they call it 'worship'. So, this is Asami worship:

Image She needs her own show.

Image Late.

Fear us Asami lovers!
Avatar: Princess Azula, the sociopathic badass sexy bitch that will kill you by just glaring at your face.
When I get a boyfriend: "Together, we will be the strongest couple in the world! We will DOMINATE THE EARTH!"

Eliaskar
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Eliaskar » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:46 pm

^
I don't get it, we hardly see any of her "character". She isn't interesting at all... she's not even a good looking character >.>

Asami Sato
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Asami Sato » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:49 pm

Eliaskar,

She's too fabulous for you.

Fireand'chutes77
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fireand'chutes77 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:32 pm

View Original PostAsami Sato wrote:

Fear us Asami lovers!

Shego crossed with Iron Man. I like. :)
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. JSDF attack ships on fire during Operation Yashima. I watched particle beams glitter in the dark near the Geofront. All these moments will be lost in time. Like LCL in rain. Time to die." ~ ANT Pogo
Asuka: founder of

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:00 am

Asami's cool, but she has one big major character flaw that could get her killed: she's in a relationship with Mako. I mean, seriously, can't that bloke just make up his mind? It's painful because it's like the guy juggling sapient howitzer rounds and he doesn't even know it, and of course everyone's going to end up heard when he finally drops one.
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

Asami Sato
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Asami Sato » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:12 am

View Original PostCody MacArthur Fett wrote:Asami's cool, but she has one big major character flaw that could get her killed: she's in a relationship with Mako. I mean, seriously, can't that bloke just make up his mind? It's painful because it's like the guy juggling sapient howitzer rounds and he doesn't even know it, and of course everyone's going to end up heard when he finally drops one.

Mako is such a manwhore. If Asami dies because of him, you people will have to take me to a mental hospital so that I don't hurt other people.

Image I WANT THIS.

Image The moment I saw that her character bio thing is next to Tarrlok’s I thought: Well hell, even he’d treat her better than Mako.

Image This is for Eliaskar.

Image Iroh needs to save Asami from Mako manwhore now!

Image The fifth element: Hair.

You heard the woman, Mako! Now get back to the kitchen!

Image I'm right here, Asami! I'm your one and only love! I know we're women, but that shouldn't be an impediment!

Image Future avatar.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:46 am

Enough with the image dumps.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:27 am

Asami appears rather "evil" to me. TBH, I thought she was to be a femme fatale.

And here's two things that give me disconnect; Mako parents were killed by a firebender, but he doesn't hate himself for having the same power, and Asami's mother was killed by a firebender, but she doesn't fear nor resent firebenders in particular. Also, why are all the family killers firebenders?

more nitpicks  SPOILER: Show

Further, the Sky Bison aren't really given personalities, Naga has been under utilized, Torrak was ended a little too cleanly, the gang violence felt like it should have been its own plot-line somehow, if Mako and his brother are fire and earth benders respectively, shouldn't one or both of their parents have been as well? "Rohan"'s name is insignificant, yet the implication was as if it was somehow, Bolin acts a little too skiddish and tentative at times for someone that grew up on the streets...

And did they ever let the poor Cabbage Corp president go?

And once again, no Avatar State, ¡¿Por qué?!
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

BornIn1142
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby BornIn1142 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:50 am

View Original PostAlaska Slim wrote:Mako and his brother are fire and earth benders respectively, shouldn't one or both of their parents have been as well?

What makes you think they weren't?

View Original PostAlaska Slim wrote:"Rohan"'s name is insignificant, yet the implication was as if it was somehow

"Rohan (रोहन) is an Indian name meaning "to ascend; to rise, to attain great heights" in Hindi/Sanskrit."

Seems rather appropriate for an Airbender. There's also this, which suggests it has some heretofore unknown significance.

View Original PostAlaska Slim wrote:Bolin acts a little too skiddish and tentative at times for someone that grew up on the streets...

The implication is that he's been sheltered by Mako growing up. Poor guy could use more screen time/lines/development though.
"I'm afraid you can't create tragedy out of abnormal psychology." - Andrew Sarris.

Asami Sato
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Asami Sato » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:14 pm

Is it me, or General Iroh looks like he'll kick more butt than Korra?[/spoiler]

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:07 pm

View Original PostAsami Sato wrote:Is it me, or General Iroh looks like he'll kick more butt than Korra?[/spoiler]

He's sending a group of battleships against bombers in a harbor. That is quite literally the second worse naval situation out there. The only way it could be worse is if the harbor was mined.
Just dropping by to say, "Called it!" Or something similar. Aircraft FTW!
Last edited by Cody MacArthur Fett on Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

Asami Sato
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Asami Sato » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:11 pm

View Original PostCody MacArthur Fett wrote:He's sending a group of battleships against bombers in a harbor. That is quite literally the second worse naval situation out there. The only way it could be worse is if the harbor was mined.

:lol: You make a good point there, but I still think we'll see a lot of butt kicking from his part. I mean, he is Zuko's grandson after all :chuckles:

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:12 pm

I think that will still kick more butt than Korra.

Unless there weren't benders on the ships. Then yeah, even Korra could stand a fighting chance against those guys.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:58 pm

View Original PostAsami Sato wrote::lol: You make a good point there, but I still think we'll see a lot of butt kicking from his part. I mean, he is Zuko's grandson after all :chuckles:

Genetics is hardly a marker of greatness. If it was true the Soviet Union would have fallen shortly after Rommel and Patton's sons became friends. Still, surely someone in change of such a large force must be competent in their duties, even if they are commanding a multinational force . . . during peacetime . . . following a period of military cutbacks . . . *sigh* They're doomed.
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

Asami Sato
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Asami Sato » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:05 pm

View Original PostCody MacArthur Fett wrote:They're doomed.

:lol: It's not like they're the Spanish Armada! :sweatdrop:

Return to “Film and Video”