[MANGA] [NGE] New Manga Stage Thread

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:46 pm

Is it waiting for a succesor or Lilith is a succesor who waited? Did anybody check the original Japanese?
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:24 am

New stage:

bochan_bird wrote:Stage 74: Memories in the Palm of One’s Hand

Cover: Command Center

Lead-in text: What will Shinji choose in response to Kaworu's words?

Scene: Command Center operators
Maya: It's quiet...
(A low rumbling shakes the Command Center
Makoto: !! It's an A.T.Field!!
Monitor display:
TERMINAL DOGMA
A.T.FIELD
GENERATION [DETECTED]
ENERGY LEVEL HIGHEST EVER RECORDED
MAGI - 1•2•3
Shigeru: An A.T.Field equal to the previous one has been generated
near the barrier around Terminal Dogma!
Misato: It can't be - a new Angel!?
Shigeru: It's entering the barrier! (surprise/shock) No - it's vanished!
Misato: Vanished!? An Angel?
(Gendo and Fuyutsuki look on silently)
Misato (thinking): What's happening? No... What is about to happen?

Scene: Rei appears on a ledge looking down into the Terminal Dogma
shaft. She is still a ways up the shaft, and cannot see or be seen
by Shinji/Kaworu.

Scene: Shinji/Eva-01 and Kaworu in Terminal Dogma. Eva-01's hand is
still open, and Shinji and Kaworu stare silently at each other.

Flashback to Kaworu and the Kitten
(Kaworu squeezes the kitten and breaks its neck, then drops the
kitten's body into the grass. Shinji stares in shock.)
Kaworu: This cat would have died anyway had you left it. It had no
parents and no food. It would have starved and died a slow and
painful death. So it was better that I killed it now.

Back to Shinji in the entry plug
(Shinji closes his eyes and then opens them.)
Shinji: I can't. Even if I'm told like that, I just can't kill a non-
resisting opponent.
Kaworu: Why not? Even though I said it's my final request. You can't
because you are afraid of being tormented by guilt, right? You're not
thinking about me in the least. You hate me that much.
Shinji (crying out): I don't hate you! I never said a word that I
hate you.
Kaworu (smiling): Then, show me your true heart. The next action you
take will be proof of your true feelings towards me.
(Kaworu and Shinji stare at each other, then Shinji grips the
induction lever and Eva-01's hand closes around Kaworu.)
Kaworu: That's right. Don't use a weapon. Leave the feeling of
squeezing me to death in that hand of yours. That way you won't be
able to forget me even if you try, right?
(Images of Lilith on the cross and Eva-02's prog knife stuck in the
floor)
Kaworu: Just like the people you have lost so far.
Shinji: Probably. Without a doubt.
(Shinji looks at Kaworu with an expression that is no longer
troubled, and Kaworu smiles up at Shinji. Shinji moves Eva-01's other
hand to further grip the hand holding Kaworu so that Eva-01 appears
to be standing in the darkened chamber with hands clasped and head
bowed.

Flashback-style scene of the ruined church where Kaworu killed the
kitten, but this time Shinji has his hands around Kaworu's throat and
is strangling Kaworu.

Scene: Command Center
Monitor display:
A.T.FIELD GENERATING
DETECTED on:
CENTRAL DOGMA LEVEL #3
[DETECTED]
Makoto: The monitors have recovered! Eva-01 pilot's vital signs are
clear!
Shigeru: Both A.T.Fields have disappeared!
Maya: No signal from Eva-02!
Shigeru: Eva-01, rising through Central Dogma
(Misato says nothing)
Maya: That means he destroyed it, right? The 12th Angel.
(Gendo looks on silently)
Misato (thinking): Shinji...

Scene: Misato’s apartment
(Misato knocks on Shinji's bedroom door)
Misato: Shinji, I'm coming in. (Lit: I'm opening (the door).)
(Shinji lies in bed under the covers facing away from the door.
Misato approaches the bed.)
Misato: It's evening now. How about getting up and eating something?
Shinji: ... I'm still sleepy. Sorry.
Misato: ... Do you regret it?
Shinji: No. I don't want to think about anything right now. I'm just
tired.
Misato: I'm sorry... If we had known that he was an Angel sooner...
But, you did the right thing. You protected what should be protected.
(Shinji is silent)
Misato: We're going to be staying at headquarters from tomorrow. Be
sure to pack.
Shinji: Okay...
(Misato turns and leaves the room, looking back over her shoulder. As
she closes the bedroom door, PenPen comes rushing to her.
PenPen: KUEEEE!
Misato (bending down to pick him up): Come here, PenPen. I have to
find somewhere to take care of you. Luckily this place survived even
that last explosion, but who knows what will happen next time.

Back to Shinji lying in bed, thinking
Flashback==Misato: You did the right thing.
Shinji (thinking): The right thing... I protected what should be
protected. I guess that's true in the end, but the things that Misato
says should be protected are different from the things that I want to
protect.
Even though the things I truly want to protect are lost one after
another.
(Images of Asuka, Kaji, Rei and Touji)
The things I have to protect-
(Images of bandaged Rei, Asuka in her hospital bed, Ritsuko and Gendo)
The things I am trying so desperately to protect-
(Image of Kaworu)

Flashback==Kaworu floating in front of Lilith on the cross
Kaworu: Fighting and conflict, the pain of losing people. You will be
freed from all of these. If Third Impact occurs, it will bring about
exactly the kind of world you have been wishing for.

Shinji (thinking): This world that I am trying to protect now...
(Images of damaged buildings and the sun rising over the ruins of New
Tokyo-3)
Is this world really something that I have to protect?

- End Stage 74

Otaprince
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Otaprince » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:11 am

Four comments on 73-74:

1) No different Third Impacts in the manga

I posted this in the Manga section, and got no response (whereas a T on Misato's nose gets 17 comments), but I'm repeating this because it's a major difference.

There's widespread confusion and debate over whether there's two types of Third Impact in the show-- one by angels (humanity just dies, Angels complement), and one by humans (humanity evolves into one LCL sea of thought, Angels may or may not). It will never be resolved because the anime does not make it clear.

HOWever, in stage 73, Sadamoto explicitly shows that there's only one type of Third Impact. Kaworu sez,

"Let me tell you something else interesting. Even if Third
Impact occurs, people will not simply perish. They will be reborn in
a new form - merged into one as a single life form."

2) So what? Well, that makes Kaworu's death pretty meaningless.

Anime Kaworu dies because he doesn't think Shinji is the one who should die-- he gives his life so that Shinji, and humanity, can be the ones who live and possibly achieve Complementation. Basically, a Christ-figure who dies because of love for Shinji.

Sadamoto's Kaworu doesn't die for Shinji. Kaworu says his life will end whether he causes Third Impact or fails in his mission (in which case he'll be eliminated by SEELE). He asks to be killed by Shinji because it's all the same to him who lives or dies, and he wants to choose the method of his death. Basically, a "die with dignity" Kaworu.

Anime Kaworu is the first person to love Shinji and is one of the most enigmatic and memorable characters in all of anime (he appears for one episode, amazingly). Sadamoto's suicidal Kaworu, in contrast, is not particularly meaningful to Shinji's story.

3) Sadamoto is building up to his end by foreshadowing Shinji choking Asuka.

Page 15, on which Shinji chokes Kaworu (and K choking the cat, for that matter), mirrors the Asuka choking of EoE. How or why remains to be seen.

4) Manga Shinji wants Third Impact

Anime Shinji gets thrust into Third Impact without ever fully realizing what it is and what he's doing to bring it about. It all just kind of happens, leaving him to discover himself once all minds start joining.

This is actually a good change by Sadamoto-- Kaworu explains Third Impact to Shinji, who thinks that it might not be a bad idea.

WES512
Adam

Postby WES512 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:35 am

Yes a new Stage and this is good! The conversation between Kaworu and Shinji is very interesting. I am looking forward for the next stage, in which hopefully Sadamoto will begin with EoE (he said that the manga ED is going to be like the movie EoE).

1) No different Third Impacts in the manga

a new form - merged into one as a single life form."

This is Seele's plan and Kaworu, as he is a tool for their agenda, was sent to create 3I for their purpose. He doesn't really say there is ONE kind of 3I.

Otaprince
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Otaprince » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:12 pm

WES512 wrote:He doesn't really say there is ONE kind of 3I.

After the anime, there was debate about what would happen if an Angel, as opposed to a human, caused Third Impact.

a new form - merged into one as a single life form. ...Wars and conflicts, the suffering and sadness of losing people - you will be freed from all of these. And despite that, you say you will stop me?"

Manga Kaworu implies that even if he, an Angel, causes Third Impact, humans will still Complement. The TV show implies that "only one race can inherit the future," or something, which suggested that if Anime Kaworu had reached Lilith, mankind would have simply been destroyed, not Complemented.

So, in the manga the same thing happens whether Angels or humans start 3I: humans complement.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:54 pm

WES512 wrote:he said that the manga ED is going to be like the movie EoE

Source please?

WES512
Adam

Postby WES512 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:44 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:
WES512 wrote:he said that the manga ED is going to be like the movie EoE

Source please?

Only problem is that it's in spanish.
Translation:
Interviewer: Let’s get to the other question by excellence: What kind of ending will the manga have? Will it be the end from TV series or the end from the film End of Evangelion?
Sadamoto: It will be the end from the movie, though I still have not decided how it will be done.

Scan of the two page interview:
[URL=http://img331.imageshack.us/my.php?image=entrevista1bt8.jpg]Image[/URL] [URL=http://img75.imageshack.us/my.php?image=entrevista2nx1.jpg]Image[/URL]
Above of the question posted, Sadamoto is asked how long the manga will last and he answers that it will finish at Vol. 13.
This comes from a magazine called Lazer and is published in Argentina. The interview took place at the book convention of Bologna, Italy, the past March 29th.
I will post a full translation later.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:16 pm

I can't say I like Kaworu

I want to punch EMK.

I would give the other Kaworu a great, big hug.

I feel exactly the same way... Hell, I also feel the same way about manga Shinji vs anime Shinji! *glomps anime Shinji* ...Shinji's a smart-ass, Asuka's an uber-bitch and Rei's...talkactive?! O_o Sadamoto, what did you do to my beloved Three Children damn it?! >_<
(I only have vol. 1 of the manga, though I plan to get the final 2? 3? volumes to see just what the differences are between the anime The End~ and manga The End~. :D)

I've very intrguied by the fact how the Shinji/Kaworu strangle mirrors the EoE Shinji/Asuka strangle. Wheather it's the Pre-Instrumenality one, the final scene one or both will be interesting to see.
Though I'm VERY curious about how this will end if Rei and Shinji seem to like/love each other... I guess the "Misato-san and Ayanami scare me" element will be thrown out the window? :roll: (And why no BIB?! Sadamoto, WHY?!) And if it WILL somehow end Shinji/Asuka (depending on your POV), I don't see how that would be possible as I don't recall their being any "hints" that this Asuka likes this Shinji. (I didn't notice anything when reading the manga mind-rape scene, soo...)

Oh well. I guess only time will tell with all of this. *waits, annoyed/impatient* I want the last several months of my life back, Gainax! Stupid albility to create such an amazing series... >_<
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:30 pm

WES512 wrote:Interviewer: Let’s get to the other question by excellence: What kind of ending will the manga have? Will it be the end from TV series or the end from the film End of Evangelion?
Sadamoto: It will be the end from the movie, though I still have not decided how it will be done.

Above of the question posted, Sadamoto is asked how long the manga will last and he answers that it will finish at Vol. 13.

Very interesting. It's been quite a while since I've seen any statements from Sadamoto in regards to the ending of the manga. Last I heard, it was going to be 12 volumes, and the ending was still up in the air.

I was really hoping that Sadamoto would give us an entirely new ending. Perhaps we'll have to settle for Sadamoto's spin on EoE. If we're lucky, we'll get something other than "I need you".

A translation would be much appreciated.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:03 pm

Otaprince wrote:Manga Kaworu implies that even if he, an Angel, causes Third Impact, humans will still Complement. The TV show implies that "only one race can inherit the future," or something, which suggested that if Anime Kaworu had reached Lilith, mankind would have simply been destroyed, not Complemented.

So, in the manga the same thing happens whether Angels or humans start 3I: humans complement.

I did find it interesting that Sadamoto simplified things down to a single type of Third Impact. There are abundant indications that this isn't the case in the anime, but the technicalities are incredibly unclear and in all likelihood would need to be fanwanked. ;) Sometimes I wonder if Seele originally intended for 2I what didn't happen until 3I -- but got a destructive "attempt to reclaim Earth from Lilith" instead. Then they spent the next fifteen years cleaning up the mess and all that other crap.

Dunno why the "contact between SoL and SoL offspring" is significant in the Impacts. For 2I, it was contact between Adam and a Lilim (offspring of Adam's antithesis). Seems like Impacts could happen in other combinations: Angel + Adam/Lilith, (Lilim+Adam) + Lilith, and gawd knows what else. And then the Spear is another variable. Total nightmare. Anyway.

I don't have much to say about the manga Kaworu/Shinji dynamic because I still haven't gotten into the manga. Under the theoretical circumstances that I hadn't seen the anime first, the manga would probably not have lured me in on its own merit. I personally think it relies far too heavily on the anime, while incorporating proportionally superficial changes that give it a "novelty" factor for fans. "It's sorta like the anime, but not." But maybe that's all Sadamoto ever intended to do.

One reason for celebration: Ding-dong, the bitch is dead. (And didn't Kaworu snap the kitten's spine, not strangle it?)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Rawinder
Lilith

Postby Rawinder » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:29 am

Reichu wrote:Sometimes I wonder if Seele originally intended for 2I what didn't happen until 3I -- but got a destructive "attempt to reclaim Earth from Lilith" instead. Then they spent the next fifteen years cleaning up the mess and all that other crap.

I doubt it. 21' and 25' both make it painfully clear that 2I was engineered by SEELE. I don't think they intended on throwing the planet out of whack and killing billions of people in the process, but what happened in Anarctica was all part of their scenario.

Reichu wrote:Dunno why the "contact between SoL and SoL offspring" is significant in the Impacts.

Fruit of Life (Adam, Angel, or Eva) + Fruit of Knowledge (Lilith) = initiation of 3I

So says the RCB, anyways.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Themaninblack » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:44 am

In the end I still think the Rei's arm ending occurs. But I like the new dircetion this is taking

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:23 am

Themaninblack wrote:In the end I still think the Rei's arm ending occurs. But I like the new dircetion this is taking

Off topic, but I had to comment on your avatar...

REPENT!
QUIT YOUR JOB!
SLACK OFF!
THE WORLD ENDS TOMORROW, AND YOU MAY DIE!
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:30 pm

If I already said this, then just ignore this post but I think I would acutally enjoy getting a possibly Alternate ending (which I thought was okay, but I personally prefer what we ended up getting! ^_^) and Manga Last B (Rei's served arm) ending ([url]http://www.angelfire.com/anime4/mdwigs/endings.html[/url]) provided it ends with the idea someone here(??) came up with of Shinji noticing Rei's not there as he "screams his fucking head off". End scene/manga.

Yeah, it'd be a dark ending but at least we'd get the depressing over(? or under?) tones that way. ^_^;

Are there any SCANS of those endings anywhere? The site MD Wigs links to doesn't work! >_<
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Xanatose
Adam

Postby Xanatose » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:30 am

So anybody see the new hospital scene in stage 75? This time, Asuka does some chicken choking of her own. (;^_^)

Sadamoto-dealing-with-preconceived-notions-of-the-ending-says-what?
Kaji: Commander Ikari, I've come to give you mysterious objects and say cryptic things.

Gendo: Excellent work, my impish little toadie.
- Toastyfrog's Thumbnail Theater

I'm not a mod any more! The pressure to constantly monitor in lurk mode is gone! The dust cloud you see is me in hasty retreat.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:23 am

Welllll... he's having Asuka reenact one of the fucked-up memories he gave her.

The question is... will Mr. Tines approve?

And this would at least give Shinji a "proper" motivation to want to strangle Asuka later. HOW DO YOU LIKE IT BITCH! Is Sadamoto trying to compensate for his silly omittance of Rei 1's death or something?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby thewayneiac » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:19 pm

Xanatose wrote:So anybody see the new hospital scene in stage 75? This time, Asuka does some chicken choking of her own. (;^_^)

Sadamoto-dealing-with-preconceived-notions-of-the-ending-says-what?

75 is out? I trust that B.B. will translate it soon so it can be posted here.
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:53 pm

Does anyone else suppose that having a new stage two months in a row is a fluke?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:33 pm

thewayneiac wrote:75 is out? I trust that B.B. will translate it soon so it can be posted here.

You mean, so the translation can be posted here, not Stage 75 itself. Fufufu.

@Monkey: Fluke? Well, let's see if we get anything in time for the Commercialized Christianified Pagan Solstice.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:06 am

Enjoy.

bochan_bird a.k.a. M wrote:Two months in a row, and we are now in EoE territory.

Poor Shinji...

"M"
========================================
Stage 75: Lacking/Wanting/Deficient/Imperfect Hearts

Cover: Makoto, Shigeru and Maya relaxing with coffee in the Command
Center

Lead-in text: Shinji's anguish continues

Scene: Off-camera, almost as if in abstract or thoughts
Shinji: I was attracted to him/captivated by him.
(close-up of Kaworu)
Shinji: Before I knew it... somewhere deep in my heart...
Shinji: Even though I knew I shouldn't like a guy like that. Even
though I thought I didn't need any more friends.
Shinji: Even though... So why do people become attracted to those
other than themselves?
(The scene shifts and we now see that Shinji and Misato are talking
inside Misato's car, descending on the car-train into the Geofront.
Misato leans forward against the steering wheel)
Misato: Well, because God made people that way.
(Shinji does not respond)
Misato: Put another way, people are imperfect creatures that cannot
live alone. But we have to go on living, even if we are imperfect.
And given that we were born that way, I think there is significance
in seeking each other and even hurting each other.
(Shinji still does not respond and just sits listlessly. Misato
glances over and grabs his shoulder)
Misato (sharply): Pull yourself together! It isn't all over yet! If
anything, the real battle may just be starting!
Shinji: (pause) I don't care.
(Misato stops short and her eyes widen slightly)
Shinji: I don't want to hear that anymore. Even I understand the
'great cause'. And Misato, what you say is always right. But I don't
want to hear it anymore.
(The car-train comes to a stop with a clack)
Shinji (gradually increasing in intensity): I'm the one who fights,
not you, Misato. That's how it's always been, and how it always will
be. All you ever do is just give orders from the other side of the
monitor. You don't understand how I've felt as I've fought this far!
(Misato draws back her hand in anger to strike Shinji, but stops)
Misato (slightly puzzled): Is that really what you think?
Shinji (looking askance at Misato): ... Aren't you going to hit me?
Even though you could. [i.e. Even though you would be justified for
what I said]
Shinji (abruptly): I'm getting out.
(Shinji exits the car and walks toward the door without looking back.
Misato hurriedly gets out of the car)
Misato: Shinji! Wait right there! Shinji!
(Shinji continues through the door, which closes behind him. Misato
stares at the closed door with a troubled expression)
Misato: How could I not understand...
Misato (thinking): And it's because I do understand that it's
painful... to have to give you those orders.
Misato: But we just don't have time to complain, Shinji.
[Note: Misato's thoughts and words are mixed in the last panel.]

Scene: Makoto, Shigeru and Maya sit and talk, drinking coffee in the
darkened Command Center
Maya: A total ban on access to and from Headquarters!?
Makoto: I guess we're still at Level-1 Alert?
Maya: Why? Wasn't that the last Angel? That boy...
Shigeru: That's right... All the Angels should have been destroyed.
Makoto: Isn't there supposed to be peace now?
Maya: Then, what'll happen to NERV? And the Evas? I wish Senpai=Dr.
Akagi was here... [Lit: Even Sempai=Dr. Akagi isn't here now...]
Shigeru: NERV will probably be disbanded, and as for what'll happen
to us... who knows.
Makoto (thinking): We'll just have to stick it out by ourselves...
until the Instrumentality Project starts...

Scene: SEELE monoliths
SEELE ??: Tabris...
SEELE ??: All was well up to the opening of Heaven's Door,
SEELE ??: But at that final moment did he betray us?
SEELE 08: It would be wrong to blame him. If one were to think that
this was the scenario from the start.
SEELE 03: Indeed.
SEELE 04: That he was the last Angel is true, but nowhere is it
written in the Dead Sea Scrolls that he was the successor of life.
SEELE 01: We will no longer borrow the power of Adam and the Angels.
We must undertake Instrumentality by our own hands. So that gods and
humans and all life may in time be united into one.
SEELE 09: The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.
SEELE 10: And now indeed, that time has come
SEELE 02: But before that, there is a matter that must not be
forgotten. Ikari Gendo. A man who turned his back on us and rejected
destruction. And who schemes for his own Instrumentality.
SEELE ??: We shall have him atone with his death.

Scene: Gendo's office
Fuyutsuki: The old men were too impatient.
Gendo: It's not unexpected. After all, Eva, Adam and Lilith -- all
lie within our hands.
Fuyutsuki: Don't you think Eva-01's pilot did well?
(Gendo does not respond. Fuyutsuki looks at Gendo, and a pan
shot of the office reveals Rei standing a slight distance away from
the two)
Fuyutsuki: Still... with the Lance of Longinus lost, even had that
boy contacted Lilith, Instrumentality would have probably ended
incomplete.
Gendo: The Lance of Longinus... and the most essential part of all
were missing.
(Fuyutsuki looks over his shoulder at Rei)
Fuyutsuki: Lilith's lacking/wanting/deficient/imperfect heart...

Scene: Asuka's sickroom
(Shinji stands and stares at Asuka motionless in bed)
Shinji: Asuka... Wake up, Asuka. How long are you just going to lie
there like that? I'm having a tough time, all by myself. I've even
lost Eva-01, and everyone has died. Ayanami, Nagisa, and even Kaji.
(Asuka shows no response)
Shinji: Asuka! I said wake up!
(Shinji grabs Asuka's arm and raises Asuka's torso partway off the
bed, but there is still no response)
Shinji: This isn't like you, Asuka. Laugh and get angry like before.
(Shinji grabs both shoulders and starts shaking Asuka)
Shinji: Make fun of me! Curse at me! Boss me around! This isn't like
you, Asuka! The Asuka I want to protect isn't this empty shell!!
(Asuka's mouth opens and she emits a terrible scream)
Asuka: KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
(Before Shinji can recover from his surprise, Asuka rakes her
fingernails across his cheek, and with a ferocious expression pushes
him back and down onto the floor, straddling and choking him)
Shinji: Asu- Stop! I can't brea-!!
Asuka: KYAAAA!! KYAAAA!! KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
(Two doctors and a nurse burst into the room)
Doctor 1: What are you doing!
Doctor 2: Let go of him, you!
Doctor 1: Restrain her!
(The two doctors pull Asuka off Shinji, and the nurse checks to see
if he is okay)
Nurse: Are... you okay?
Shinji (coughing): Yes...
(Shinji gasps for breath and watches as the doctors restrain Asuka)
Doctor 1: Give her a sedative! Quickly!
Asuka: KIIIII!!!
Doctor 2: Hey! Calm down!
Nurse: Let's get you out of here.
Shinji: But...
Nurse: Just go! Quickly!
(The nurse pushes Shinji out of the room, but Shinji hears Asuka
screaming/shouting)
Asuka: -te! Hate! HATE!! I HATE EVERYONE!!!
(The doctors give Asuka a shot and the door slides closed behind
Shinji, leaving him alone in the silent corridor. Still gasping
slightly, he rubs his cheek with the back of his hand and notices the
blood there.)
Shinji (thinking): Asuka... why...
(Movement down the corridor catches Shinji's eye, and he looks up to
see his father and Rei walking by at an intersection at the end of
the corridor. Rei turns her head and the two's eyes meet, but Rei
shows no recognition or other emotion, and she faces forward again
and continues walking after Gendo. As Rei disappears from Shinji's
view, all that has happened seems to hit Shinji at once, and he
slumps weakly down with his back against Asuka's sickroom door,
cradling his knees, and begins to cry.)
Shinji: *muffled sobbing sounds*

Ending text: Lacking/wanting/deficient/imperfect hearts, and
imperfect creatures...

- End Stage 75
Last edited by Reichu on Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”