Splitting Arms

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

brainDamage
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby brainDamage » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:51 am

Wow. I expected a simple flaming for my impudent question. A high sync rate makes perfect sense. Previously the pilots only felt the pain of their injuries, so a full sync rate could potentially render physical damage. Then again, if that be the case, Asuka should have been disemboweled long before having her arm split due to the harpy feast.

I recall pondering the issue of bandages in the EOE final scene a while back over in TB. I settled for the fact that it was an animated film and the bandages simply remind us of what happened earlier, and that this really is Asuka lying on the beach with Shinji.

And yes, her arm was split all the way down. Think of a deli slicer and a slab of beef, it doesn't stop 'till it runs out of meat...well, you get the picture.
"You don't know your own mind." -Jonathan Swift, Polite Conversation, 1738

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:54 am

brainDamage wrote:And yes, her arm was split all the way down. Think of a deli slicer and a slab of beef, it doesn't stop 'till it runs out of meat...well, you get the picture.

オウチュ。

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:12 am

brainDamage wrote:Wow. I expected a simple flaming for my impudent question. A high sync rate makes perfect sense. Previously the pilots only felt the pain of their injuries, so a full sync rate could potentially render physical damage. Then again, if that be the case, Asuka should have been disemboweled long before having her arm split due to the harpy feast.

You may also want to take the bizarre nature of the sync in that battle into account. Kyoko appeared to use Asuka as a bridge between her and her body since the Production Model Eva's have souped up restraint systems to prevent the souls from using their bodies. When the Harpies disemboweled EVA-02 Asuka wasn't synced with Kyoko, though in an odd way it appeared they were still connected in some manor. In simple terms that battle is really, really screwy!
Last edited by Anonymous_Evafan on Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

felineki
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby felineki » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:07 pm

BobBQ wrote:オウチュ。
No no no, all wrong. What you're lookiong for is 「イタイ」. :P

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:31 pm

felineki wrote:
BobBQ wrote:オウチュ。
No no no, all wrong. What you're lookiong for is 「イタイ」. :P

I can spell "ouch" perfectly well, thank you. If I wanted "itai", I would have used hiragana.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:00 pm

"Ouch" would be アオ(ッ)チュ。
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:24 pm

いいえ!わたしはばかだ!

I wish IME had a spellcheck function... or a rookie corrector.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”