Since when does my GF force ME to watch NGE?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

User-iel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby User-iel » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:19 am

If I might contribute, Vegeta 20XX, I would remind you that the idea of 'change when she's ready to change' is an old saying for a reason. Now, if I were you, and knew about a Wiki, and an [ehm, Awesome] forum devoted to the work of art in question, I'd be thinking about greasing the rails just a bit.

Then, you have raised the other side of your issue, that you are having feelings about her motives or her understanding of your self. As a wild shot in the dark, if you were passionate about the fandom, and if Mugen likewise made you "strive with hot bloodedness," that itself may be an appealing feature you display to her. Don't disappoint, O.K.?

BTW, don't forget to follow up with NME!

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:46 pm

So, in a nutshell, what I do here is:

1: Watch Evangelion all over again and suffer through my GF's mocking attempts to sing along to Cruel Angel's Thesis or going "oooh, look who it is, it's Reiiii" every time she appears on screen in that tone of voice that invokes instant embarrassment.

2: Observe her reaction after watching ReDeath.

3: Watch Rebuild for my own personal enjoyment while avoiding my brain's attempts to identify Funimation's voice actors if watching the English dub.

4: ???

5: Change diaper, if applicable.

6: Somewhere in between steps one and five, play lots of fighting games.

I shall see if this works for me. If not, then tell everybody I love them, and they can decide whether they want to take it homo or no-homo. For now, I bid thee good morrow.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:41 pm

I would never expected a GF to do this to her BF, especially Evangelion. Well, in that case... demand her to give you a "happy ending" after going through this. Sorry to go deep, but... why not make it worthwhile?

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:01 pm

Question, has she made you watch EOE over and over?
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:38 pm

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:Question, has she made you watch EOE over and over?

No - I did that myself, when I was but a boy of ten years.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

sum_exsanguis
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby sum_exsanguis » Wed May 02, 2012 7:54 pm

I am a lucky one...my gf made me watch eva for the first time so the only reason I saw it is because she went I think you would like this *inserts rebuild*
No weapon against us shall prosper

Redaye
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Redaye » Wed May 02, 2012 9:02 pm

How odd. I discovered Evangelion about four years ago. At one point, the wife and I argued that we didn't share enough of each other's interests. So, I became involved in the Girl Scouts, turned out to be enlightening for me. So, I introduced her to Eva. She found it dark and evil. Go figure, supercalifragilisticexpialidicious, we're divorced. Ayum-diddle-iddle-iddle, um-diddle-aye! :gunmouth:
Process: Attempting to Comprehend
╔═══════════════════════════╗
║█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░║ (20%)
╚═══════════════════════════╝
Estimated Time Until Completion: RUNTIME ERROR 601

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Hell at home. BD

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Wed May 02, 2012 9:19 pm

View Original PostRedaye wrote:How odd. I discovered Evangelion about four years ago. At one point, the wife and I argued that we didn't share enough of each other's interests. So, I became involved in the Girl Scouts, turned out to be enlightening for me. So, I introduced her to Eva. She found it dark and evil. Go figure, supercalifragilisticexpialidicious, we're divorced.

So you introduced it to her while you were divorced? That's positively vindictive. :devil:
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Redaye
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Redaye » Wed May 02, 2012 9:23 pm

Actually no, and in all fairness there were other issues, but looking back it seemed to be the "nail in the coffin" somehow, after she realized just how much of a fan I became. :shrug:
Process: Attempting to Comprehend
╔═══════════════════════════╗
║█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░║ (20%)
╚═══════════════════════════╝
Estimated Time Until Completion: RUNTIME ERROR 601

KimochiWarui
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby KimochiWarui » Thu May 03, 2012 10:09 am

Lucky for me, my girl seems to like it quite a bit, and she describes my constant rambling on the psychology as "cute".
If I were to run away...where the F--K would I go!?

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”