Eva spin-offs you wouldn't mind being made

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:08 pm

What if, wait for it, what if they took "the three stooges" storyline and used Eva's three stooges.

What am I thinking, that would be goddam terrible
Leave Shinji alone

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:09 pm

The Melancholy of Asuka Langley, starring Rei as Yuki, Mari as Mikuru, Kaworu as Itsuki and Shinji as Kyon.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:12 pm

Serious spinoffs:

-- The Katsuragi Expedition: Second Impact in detail. Because, well, duh.

-- Unit 02's assembly and contact experiment, and what happened after: Asuka's backstory in a nutshell, and so many questions answered.

-- The Third Branch: Possibly combined with the above, this details SEELE's development of the MPEs and their interaction with/creation of Kaworu.

-- Rei: How she was born, how Gendo and Fuyu went from clones of Adam to humanoid clones of Yui, and what happened between Rei I and Rei II.

-- Gendo and Yui: Because srsly, we need to know why he was so hung up on her.

-- The First and Second Branches: What the fuck was up with Units 03 and 04?

-- Lilith: OMFG why the hell would you make an Eva from Lilith if all the others you're playing with are clones of Adam? There's an OVA or three in that story for sure.

-- Yui in general; how she got involved with SEELE, why and how she hatched her plans, the CE with Unit 01, etc.

-- Post-3I: Again, duh.

-- SEELE and the SDSS: Birth of a cult.

-- Dead Mothers: Seriously? Everyone in Class 2A is a candidate? How the hell are all these people connected to Eva?

Not-So-Serious spinoffs:

Wait, we have doujin for that, right? Right. Moving right along . . .
Last edited by Bagheera on Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

EveryoneGotTurnedIntoTang
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby EveryoneGotTurnedIntoTang » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:28 am

Wouldn't mind seeing Shinji's childhood life with his sensei. Would answer a lot of questions about why he's so angsty.

Wait, too depressing.

How about a spinoff with kid Kaworu in the style of Yotsuba&!? With kittens of course :3.

Hey, there's been weirder things in the franchise.

Finally, the misadventures of Mari in her endless quest to wreck all the random Evangelions she can find.
Okay, so plot compression I can take. Maybeee the gratuitous fanservice too, though it's quite annoying and illogical (Why does Misato bring her phone into the shower?). But allowing Colonel Sanders to dress up as a cardboard copy of Lilith's legs? I'll never forgive you, Khara.

ReiAyanami25
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby ReiAyanami25 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:41 am

I would personally like a episode showing the days before, during and the aftermath of Yui's contact experiment. And perhaps Gendo's life before he met Yui. Why is he familiar with hatred? Yui's childhood would be interesting to see to. Her father was a Seele member after all.

Seeing more of Shinji's life that took place before Episode 1 would be good, as well as Misato's experience of the second impact.

I would also like to see Rei one's life in more depth. Knowing about the experiences she had in that room in Terminal Dogma, and how Gendo treated her would fill in large gaps. I would also like to see 'a week in the life of Rei Ayanami.'
生は、死の始まり。そして再生は、夢の終わり。
"I write only because there is a voice within me that will not be still." - SP

Rei Ayanami's beauty comes from the truth that she has feelings...the struggle to draw your feelings forth, the reconciliation between your surface and your death - that, I believe, is where we truly become alive, truly become human beings." -Hayashibara Megumi

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:19 am

^Pretty much this.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Someone » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:46 am

I think that Gainiax could easily make 26 episodes of EVA spinoffs.

DOIT.
DISCLAIMER: The above statement might or might not be serious.

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:51 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:-- The First and Second Branches: What the fuck was up with Units 03 and 04?

I think that Eva-04 was sabotaged by SEELE - an Eva with an S2 engine which isn't an MPE would surely piss all over SEELE's plans.

View Original PostBagheera wrote:-- SEELE and the SDSS: Birth of a cult.

I want to see this. Gainax/Khara should make some sort of mockumentary charting SEELE's growth.

Deepak
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Deepak » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:32 pm

Shinji's adventures in the months after instrumentality when there was no one.

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:05 pm

View Original PostDeepak wrote:Shinji's adventures in the months after instrumentality when there was no one.

It would probably consist solely of him "remembering" seeing Asuka's boobs.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:09 pm

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:It would probably consist solely of him "remembering" seeing Asuka's boobs.

It was also probably only a few days, so there's that as well. Probably not much to tell there.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Deepak
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Deepak » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:25 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:It was also probably only a few days, so there's that as well. Probably not much to tell there.

this is Gainax;they can manipulate time and space to whatever they want, all in the name of plot development (and mind-destruction)!

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:30 am

The Ayanami Rei Late Night Talk Show.

Man, that would be strange.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

Dan The Cat
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dan The Cat » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:17 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Serious spinoffs:

-- The Katsuragi Expedition: Second Impact in detail. Because, well, duh.

-- Unit 02's assembly and contact experiment, and what happened after: Asuka's backstory in a nutshell, and so many questions answered.

-- The Third Branch: Possibly combined with the above, this details SEELE's development of the MPEs and their interaction with/creation of Kaworu.

-- Rei: How she was born, how Gendo and Fuyu went from clones of Adam to humanoid clones of Yui, and what happened between Rei I and Rei II.

-- Gendo and Yui: Because srsly, we need to know why he was so hung up on her.

-- The First and Second Branches: What the fuck was up with Units 03 and 04?

-- Lilith: OMFG why the hell would you make an Eva from Lilith if all the others you're playing with are clones of Adam? There's an OVA or three in that story for sure.

-- Yui in general; how she got involved with SEELE, why and how she hatched her plans, the CE with Unit 01, etc.

-- Post-3I: Again, duh.

-- SEELE and the SDSS: Birth of a cult.

-- Dead Mothers: Seriously? Everyone in Class 2A is a candidate? How the hell are all these people connected to Eva?

these i would like to see all of these :P

r0ach
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby r0ach » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:41 pm

I think a little prequel should be made. I would love love love something that goes over the history of Gehrin and Seele more in depth. Also a full account on every single thing that happened on that fateful trip to Antarctica. I want to see everything that led up to Second Impact.
"I knew a girl........... had a dozen guys. One of them found out about it, beat her up so bad she ended up in a hospital on Guerrero street."~ Mark

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Someone » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:30 pm

View Original PostBomby von Bombsville wrote:The Ayanami Rei Late Night Talk Show.

Now I want to see "The roast of" with Evangelion characters.
DISCLAIMER: The above statement might or might not be serious.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Eva, Earth & B... Bl

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:08 pm

Hard-sci-fi expansion into the future, humanity is space-faring, and comes across another artifact of the FARs, this time the device that delivered the seeds to the planet.

At first we fight over it, then copy it, and then finally use it to expand our civilization into nearby solar systems.

All the while, humanity is forced to come to terms with the knowledge that while they aren't the only ones out there, their creators want nothing to do with them.

Thrown in the V'r- I mean, alternate Angelic race invasion, whom were also abandoned by the FARs, take it as an affront that we use the FAR relics for our own use, and now seek to capture and seal them off as well as destroy our pitiful knock-offs.

Themes of protecting and appreciating what you have vs the calls to seek out and attain more.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:34 pm

View Original PostBomby von Bombsville wrote:The Ayanami Rei Late Night Talk Show.

Man, that would be strange.

I'm trying to imagine her doing a Letterman intro, with all the jokes and the band and everything. It's uhh, not working out so well.

View Original PostSomeone wrote:Now I want to see "The roast of" with Evangelion characters.

At the rate Comedy Central does them these days shouldn't be too long until they run out of real people and start roasting fictional characters.

ONIAgent150
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby ONIAgent150 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:11 pm

Actually, this may be a little off topic, but I would love to see a Daily Show interview with Gendo.
AVATAR: Zer0 from Borderlands 2.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:54 pm

View Original PostONIAgent150 wrote:Actually, this may be a little off topic, but I would love to see a Daily Show interview with Gendo.

John being nice or John being in interview mode?

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”