Evangelion Pictures Thread

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Evangelion Pictures Thread

Postby symbv » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:43 am

Mr. Tines wrote:Make your own thread if you really want a thread for fanart dumps.

I agree, because I really dislike the name "Go Hikari! Lives" for such a thread. Leave the naming to a frowning mods and you got that kind of name.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xana
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Xana » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:46 am

Mr. Tines wrote:a thread for fanart dumps.

Wasn't that the exact purpose of the Go Hikari! thread?, I'm confused now :think:

Edit: okay, I get it now.

anyway, let's roll...
SPOILER: Show

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:51 am

View Original PostXana wrote:anyway, let's roll...

I need an Asuka version...

View Original PostXana wrote:

Asuka x Rei yuri is not bad either...
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:01 am

Rei pic:
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:10 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:I agree, because I really dislike the name "Go Hikari! Lives" for such a thread. Leave the naming to a frowning mods and you got that kind of name.

I think it that name because the first image was this

View Original Postsymbv wrote:I need an Asuka version...

Well I don’t have one of those but maybe these could make up for it

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:41 am

^ Thanks, although I think I have most of them (those I don't have mainly have to do with the art style not fitting my requirement :-)

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:I think it that name because the first image was this

I know, but that does not mean the topic has to be that name. It should be something easier to understand -- mine may be bland but it serves its purpose :)
Last edited by symbv on Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:56 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote: I know, but that does not mean the topic has to be that. It should be something easier to understand -- mine may be bland but it serves its purpose :)

Well it does serve its purpose and is straight to the point.

View Original Postsymbv wrote:^ Thanks, although I think I have most of them (those I don't have mainly have to do with the art style not fitting my requirement :-)

Oh gundamn maybe I need better background music while searching for images... I’ll find some better ones...... eventually

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:06 am

^ Thanks in advance. What I have in mind in particular is Shinji/Asuka version of Xana's Shinji/Rei - Adam/Eve pic :-)
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

Postby Fazmotron » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:38 am

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:I think it that name because the first image was this

It actually has an older history: [url]http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/5982/Go-Hikari/[/url]
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby driftking18594 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:57 am

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:

First, congrats to Shinji for not getting castrated or becoming Asuka's slave. Second, it reminds me of this.

CJD
Banned

Re: Evangelion Pictures Thread

Postby CJD » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:44 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:I agree, because I really dislike the name "Go Hikari! Lives" for such a thread. Leave the naming to a frowning mods and you got that kind of name.

I was kind of hoping for "Go Hikari! Lives... AGAIN!!!!!" You missed a golden opportunity symbv.

Hawq
Lilith

Postby Hawq » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:29 pm

View Original PostXana wrote:

Silly Rei he appears to have no mouth so that won't be of any use, barely got a nose either

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:46 pm

I think the threads would have more meaning if you didn't dump a million images into a few spoilers every post.

That really isn't efficient.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:45 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:I was kind of hoping for "Go Hikari! Lives... AGAIN!!!!!" You missed a golden opportunity symbv.

symbv has always been against that cryptic title, admittedly I was left perplexed by it initially since I wondered what was the exact topic, Tines said that we had to re-create it by ourselves so he simply took the chance to choice a more meaningful one.
View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:First, congrats to Shinji for not getting castrated or becoming Asuka's slave.

Well, it's AiAO, Shinji had some chances of saving his balls.
View Original PostTankred wrote:I think the threads would have more meaning if you didn't dump a million images into a few spoilers every post.

That really isn't efficient.

It's more efficient on the side of the poster, you can keep track of what you've posted more easily.

Rei pic:
[URL=http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/2476/23130308.png]Image[/URL]

Asuka pic
[URL=http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/1017/24485146.jpg]Image[/URL]
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:51 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:symbv has always been against that cryptic title, admittedly I was left perplexed by it initially since I wondered what was the exact topic, Tines said that we had to re-create it by ourselves so he simply took the chance to choice a more meaningful one.

Indeed, I agree it was a cryptic title, but as a connoisseur of puns and clever wordings I'm disappointed.

(For the record, this is all half jokingly. As good as my suggestion is, this new title works better).

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:04 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:It's more efficient on the side of the poster, you can keep track of what you've posted more easily.

I don't think it is. Dumping 5+ images into a single spoiler is bound to cause overlapping in content eventually for the user and others. So essentially what we're going to end up doing is having a lake of already seen content and a river of new content being fed into it.

Though if you want it that way, I'll just go and repost old images with new ones.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:21 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:I was kind of hoping for "Go Hikari! Lives... AGAIN!!!!!" You missed a golden opportunity symbv.

Or I grabbed a golden opportunity and fixed it :) I know I had to grab it the minute I saw the original thread got locked - very happy that I started this thread only a few minutes after the last one was locked :)

@HyperShinchan,
You pics of Rei and Asuka look like Rei/Asuka cosplayers, particularly the Asuka one.
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:25 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Or I grabbed a golden opportunity and fixed it :) I know I had to grab it the minute I saw the original thread got locked - very happy that I started this thread only a few minutes after the last one was locked :)

Wow your pretty quick symbv, personally I perfer the new thread title because at first I had no idea what was the purpose to the go hikari thread. Eventually I figured out it was an image dump thread but only after a while.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:57 am

Rei pic:
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

KLVTZ
Adam

Postby KLVTZ » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:49 am

I guess it wouldn't hurt posting this...
"It's good to be open minded......but not so open that your brain falls out."-physicist Richard Feynman

Return to “Old Stickies”