Asuka and Kaworu... an unlikely match

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:24 am

More than likely she would just replace his tonsils with his balls the first time he approached her. I doubt she would be to happy that he touched, let alone took over, her Eva-02.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

chocomanji
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby chocomanji » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:28 am

Faußtin wrote:@chocomanji
Those symbols on the left of the picture (shivers)... are those German or ancient Hungarian runes? I can hardly make a difference, since A: I don't have a single full ABC in my mind B: There are hundreds of ancient Hungarian runes C: They look quite similar.
:?:

They're actually closer to German runes, and it's suppose to spell something -but it's completely wrong. XD It's based of a pseudonym that my 8th grade English teacher gave me, and it just stuck all these years.

I don't really tell anyone what it is, and it's a bit incorrect anyway. :P

I like how this became a discussion of how terrible a relationship it would be. Maybe this should be in a different forum? :lol:

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:18 pm

Faußtin wrote:hors de combat=? Just in case I misunderstood it.

French. -> literally "out of combat"; implicit is "invalided out of combat".

@slothen
My take is that anyone who can get past Shinji's hedgehog defense would be as good with Asuka's.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:28 pm

no way. In fact I'd say Asuka is more of a hedgehog than Shinji because of her shell of confidence and hostility.

Shinji desperately wants people to "understand him," and while this may be true with Asuka, she generally is offended by the idea of someone trying to understand her. Especially someone that only shows up in two episodes.

On a side note, Reichu's stuff on the Kaworu-Katsuragi thread has all those shots of Kaworu looking at eva-02 with contempt, or "coldly" and he easily abandons it to a prog knife in the face. To me, this always seemed to strengthen the case for Kaworu's homosexuality (note: I haven't read any of the threads related to that topic yet.), or at least his complete disinterest in females. Thus in all of my imagined scenarios in which Kaworu meets Asuka, he gives her the same, disinterested look.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:53 am

I can't see Kaworu being romantically entangled with anyone, really.

slothen wrote:On a side note, Reichu's stuff on the Kaworu-Katsuragi thread has all those shots of Kaworu looking at eva-02 with contempt, or "coldly"

There was only one, and it was far too ambiguous a glance for "contempt" to be read into it, methinks.

and he easily abandons it to a prog knife in the face.

He may have had no choice in the matter.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:02 pm

Reichu wrote:I can't see Kaworu being romantically entangled with anyone, really.

She might be quite cool about it, but the other party might not see it that way. Being the subject of an infatuation takes no work, after all.

The quietly sympathetic attitude and philosophical repartee is the sort of thing that I think would click as well with Asuka as with Shinji, as someone who cared without demanding.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Fanfiction”