Songs & BGM For Rebuild

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:37 am

View Original PostCharsiupao wrote:That's the one!! Beautiful World =)

Does anyone know on which CD I can find that song? My son and I love it, but the menu only plays a verse or so..

Supposedly the Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone Original Soundtrack has it.
But if your are looking for the Beautiful World -PLANiTb Acoustica Mix I am not sure which CD you would need.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby 1731298478 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:55 am

The original version of Beautiful World (the one that was linked to) is on:

The Evangelion 1.0 Soundtrack. (But, it's not on the "music from" CD.)

Utada's Heart Station.

and Utada's Single Collection Vol. 2.

The Single Collection Vol. 2 also has the acoustic mix of Beautiful World from the credits of Eva 2.0; that song isn't on the Eva 2.0 soundtrack CD.

Charsiupao
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Charsiupao » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:37 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:It would help if you could either record or rip the song, usually menus are stored in the VIDEO_TS.VOB. Also, just out of curiosity, which release are you referring to?

Thanks for the tip - I've uploaded it at:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaIxnMcMT6Y

Will leave it there for a few days before taking it down - one more strike on Youtube and I lose my account I think. :(

The version of the DVD I have is Evangelion:2.22 - got a big orange background and a black-coloured sketch of Eva-01's face in berserk mode during the Zeruel fight. Licensed and Distributed by Innoform Media in Malaysia, not sure which version they used. Is there any way to tell?

Thanks for the info on the albums - I'll have to go search for those. I can't find the 1.01 soundtrack in the shops here but I'll try Amazon.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:33 am

View Original PostCharsiupao wrote:Thanks for the tip - I've uploaded it at:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaIxnMcMT6Y

Will leave it there for a few days before taking it down - one more strike on Youtube and I lose my account I think. :(

It's been already blocked, I've tried several proxies, it looks like it's a global block. I hope you won't lose your account (we should probably give up on this damned youtube...).
View Original PostCharsiupao wrote:The version of the DVD I have is Evangelion:2.22 - got a big orange background and a black-coloured sketch of Eva-01's face in berserk mode during the Zeruel fight. Licensed and Distributed by Innoform Media in Malaysia, not sure which version they used. Is there any way to tell?

You could compare it to the ones used in the credits, 1.11 uses the original version, 2.22 uses the "-PLANiTb Acoustica Mix-" version. Or have they removed/changed the credits in your release? I was wondering if it were the case since otherwise you should have recognised the menu track.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Charsiupao
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Charsiupao » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:05 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:It's been already blocked, I've tried several proxies, it looks like it's a global block. I hope you won't lose your account (we should probably give up on this damned youtube...).

You could compare it to the ones used in the credits, 1.11 uses the original version, 2.22 uses the "-PLANiTb Acoustica Mix-" version. Or have they removed/changed the credits in your release? I was wondering if it were the case since otherwise you should have recognised the menu track.

I can still access it normally - maybe your account is blocked or something - try viewing it without logging in? Or maybe it hasn't propagated to all servers yet.. it'll be shocking if they caught it so quickly, especially as I didn't tag it with the word Evangelion.

I don't really blame Youtube, as they're just doing what the copyright holders ask them to, and rightly so. It's the copyright holders who sometimes cannot differentiate outright piracy and experience-sharing. Some of these small clips normally wouldn't make an iota of difference to their sales, and if anything provide great PR for what is such a great experience that people just want to share it. People who stream entire episodes, in my opinion, should be shot, though.

Is there anywhere else I can upload it? Youtube is the only place I know, and I'm not sure how to use things like youku, tudou etc..

It's 2.22 - and in the credits it says it's the PLANTiTb Acoustica mix. I guess that won't be in the 1.0 soundtrack then.

EDIT: I've tried it with another PC, and you're right, somehow EMI has known to block it in my country or something like that. No idea how they caught it so fast. I'll delete the video now, then, and apologies if you try the link and get nothing. If there's anywhere else I can put it then please let me know.
Last edited by Charsiupao on Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:53 am

Haha, I completely forgot about Beautiful World as one of the song options. Mystery solved at least. :)

View Original PostEva 04 wrote:[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH1BO6Py6IU&feature=related[/url]

Anyone know if this version of Give Me Wings can be found anywhere?

That's from "Rebuild of Evangelion 2.02" (Making of) feature, so that's the only place you can find it. Similar to how that Wings version from the 1 minute 2.22 DVD/BD Promo is only a DVD/BD Extra despite having the label "Wings_New_CD" at the promo's beginning...
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:59 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Haha, I completely forgot about Beautiful World as one of the song options. Mystery solved at least. :)

That's from "Rebuild of Evangelion 2.02" (Making of) feature, so that's the only place you can find it. Similar to how that Wings version from the 1 minute 2.22 DVD/BD Promo is only a DVD/BD Extra despite having the label "Wings_New_CD" at the promo's beginning...

Really? That sucks.

Charsiupao
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Charsiupao » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:39 am

Found Utada's Single Collection Vol 2 at a local shop today, and listened to Beautiful World PLANiTb Acoustica mix in the car non-stop all the way home with my son grinning from ear to ear. Thanks so much, everyone!!

Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby 1731298478 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:07 am

Some information on Utada and the song Beautiful World. Taken from another post, where it was a bit off-topic, and in case some other people are interested in it. Thanks to symbv for the translation!!

View Original Post1731298478 wrote:I don't know why she did Kingdom Hearts, but the case of Eva is interesting, since Utada was asked to do the theme for the new Evangelion films after Anno or someone connected with him saw a short interview she did for a feature on Evangelion in Weekly Playboy (...!), where she talked about empathizing strongly with Shinji during episode three. (Japanese sources are here and here, and some of her comments were translated into English here and here; she really is a big Eva fan!)

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Weekly Playboy ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weekly_Playboy ) is more like a gossip magazine with a bit of glamor photography (no frontal nudity) inside and has no relation with the Playboy magazine of America. It is not too surprising for a celebrity to have interview in the magazine.

As for Utada's collaboration with Evangelion, indeed the story goes deeper than the fact that Eva is HUGE. Utada did not watch the original Eva at first (anyway she was too young then) but her former husband recommended it to her a few years before this collaboration and she got immediately hooked. And following her common practice the theme song has both the music and the lyrics written by Utada. So it is not just Eva production being glad to take up Utada as the singer of its theme song, but also a nod of approval that Utada could truly convey the spirit of the anime in her music and lyrics.

And this is also mentioned by Utada in the goo interview:

「私が前、『週刊プレイボーイ』でエヴァ特集やってたときにインタビューを受けて、それを読んだ庵野さんとか関係者の人たちが、「こんなにわかってくれてるんだ」とか、「こんなに深くまで考えてくれてたんだ」っていうので、「じゃあ、お願い」っていうふうに来たらしいのね。だから歌詞も、やっぱりエヴァンゲリオンのテーマでもある、子と親の信頼関係とか、人と人の間にある壁とか、そういう人間関係のテーマとか、こう…やりとりみたいなものに触れてる歌詞にはしたかったんだ。でも、そんなあからさまに、何か人と人のことみたいなのもいやだし、そんな幾ら難しいこと言っても結局は何かだれかに愛されたいとか、だれかを愛してるとかそういうことだから、簡単に言っちゃうと。だから、結局そういう、だれかを強く想ってるっていうのが歌詞のストーリーになるんだろうなぁと思ってた。、で、いろいろコーラスのところは試したんだけど、結局、あの最初の1行(♪もしも願い一つだけ叶うなら 君の側で眠らせて)、で「あ、何かこれが何かしっくりくるから、もうこれでいいや」と思って、そこがわかりやすいじゃない?。あとはもう何か抽象的になってもいいけど、ここだけは決めておこうと思った。」

Translation:
I got an interview when Weekly Playboy did a Eva special. And apparently Anno-san and other related staff read it and said something like "She really understands this so well" or "She has thought about it so deeply", and therefore they came to me saying "well, may I have a request?". So the lyrics of course has the theme of Evangelion, like the trust relationship between parents and children, or the barrier between a person and another person, themes of human relationship like those. I have wanted to do write lyrics that touch upon things like those kind of communication. But it is about speaking it in a simple way about how [one] could frankly dislike things going between a person to a person so much and say so many difficult things but at the end he [or she] just wants to be loved by someone or love someone. And so at the end I came ot the idea to make the strong yearning for someone to be the story in the lyrics. And for the chorus part I tried various things but at the end I [looked at] the very first line "moshimo negai hitotsu dake kanau nara, kimi no soba de nerasete (if there is only one wish that can come true, let me sleep by your side)" and thought "Ah, here it seems to fit exactly. I can just use it.". Isn't that easy to understand? After that it is fine to be abstract, I just decided [to use that line] on that part.

Somehow she used 何か A LOT ....

As for Utada loving ep.3, it is clear that Anno-san and Utada were in sync with what it means by piloting an Eva. No wonder he find Utada such a understanding fan. From the Weekly Playboy interview:

インタビュアー:最も印象的なシーンは?
Interviewer: Your most impressed scene?

宇多田:シンジ君がクラスメート2人をエントリープラグの中に招き入れて使徒と戦う第参話の『鳴らない、電話』かな? 活動限界ギリギリで絶叫しながら使徒を倒すでしょ? 私も『うわぁぁぁぁ』って泣いちゃって(笑)
Utada: Perhaps the third episode "The Phone That Never Rings" where Shinji-kun invited two classmates into the Entry Plug and fought an Angel ? Didn't he scream and push his motion to the limit and beat the Angel? I just shouted "UwaaaahhH" and cried (laugh)

インタビュアー:感情移入しまくりですね。
Interviewer: You were deep in empathy.

宇多田:エヴァに乗ることって生きることだと思う。細かく言っちゃえば、仕事をすることだったりね。こんなに辛いのに何で私は仕事をしているのだろうとか。結果的には自分で選んだことなのに。辞めたい、とデビューした頃とか思ってて……。あのナイフで使徒を刺しているシーンに私が抱くすべてが集約されていたというか。『うわぁぁぁ』でしか表現できない気持ちを感じちゃったんです、あのシーンから。
Utada: I think piloting Eva means leading a life. To say it in more details, things like working in a job. For example, why am I still working in this job that is so tough. Even though at the end it is something that was chosen by me. I thought about the time when I debuted... about wanting to quit. That scene when [Eva] stabbed the Angel with that knife is the condensation of everything I was holding in me. From that scene, the feeling I felt could only be expresssed by "Uwaaaaahhhh".

Not sure if people are interested in knowing more of what Utada has to say about the Eva song she wrote? If interested I can translate more, but I am not sure this is the right place to post it.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:35 am

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:40 pm

This is a thread for "Rebuild" songs so it should be fine. I'm personally pretty interested since I like Utada very much.

I know it was mentioned in one of the threads, but Yuko Miyamura (that's right, not Megumi Hayashibara) as Asuka Langley Shikinami is going to be singing a version of Heart, Return to your Origin for one of the Pachinko games. :) http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KICM-1343

Edit: Ah, here we go: http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/12413/Yuko-Miyamura-Eva-7th-Pachinko-Cover/

I still wonder if they'll get Maaya Sakamoto to do a song for the Pachinko games, too.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:34 pm

Really interesting stuff. I don't know why, but I had the impression that it was some random, unrelated song that just happened to become attached to Rebuild. Very neat that the connection is more substantial.

appypaddy
Embryo

Songs & BGM For Rebuild

•      
  •      

Postby appypaddy » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:34 pm

MightyWings
Banned

Song around 18:45 in Rebuild 2.22

•      
  •      

Postby MightyWings » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:05 am

If anyone knows the name of the song that starts around 18:45 in Rebuild 2.22 it would be greatly appreciated. This is the song that starts with the scene of the sun rising on the city and all of the solar panels going online, buildings rising, etc.. I've been Googling for days and searching YouTube, but I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks.

slkdragon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby slkdragon » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:25 am

2EM09_Yamashita is what I've got for it. It's less a full song and more just a snippet of background score.
Fair warning: I have the quirk of reading your posts with the voice of your avatar.

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby qu4d » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:34 am

Yes, fantastic song/beautiful scene :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13EjhxaKfXY

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:46 am

Always seems like could be a radio DJ in that scene going 'Good morning Tokyo-3, its another sunny, giant monster free day here on the greatest city in Japan, the trains are all on time and if youre walking to work, make sure you dont step out into the road too quickly, THAT MEANS YOU IBUKI!'

Rodeo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Rodeo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:36 am

The track originates from another movie. I think it was called Yamashita -something, there was a Youtube link here on the forum.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:19 pm

See here fore more info: http://forum.evageeks.org/post/455222/Songs-and-BGM-For-Rebuild/#455222

MightyWings
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby MightyWings » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:19 pm

Thanks.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:05 pm

Gah. Frustration. I have physical copies of the 1.0 & 3.0 OST and love those cardboard sleeves! I ordered a copy of the physical 2.0 soundtrack online just so I could have them sit on my desk, side by side, looking amazing! ....And it didn't come with a cardboard sleeve.....

Balls.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”