[LAEM] Alright then, what do we want to see?

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby EVA-01X » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:56 am

Yeah, sure. Waste half the movies buget on one ground breaking, ass kicking, mind numbing special effect (like second impact), great idea, I'm all for it!
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

Karma Burn
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Karma Burn » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:34 am

There can be other explosions. They can be big as well. But I want an serious ass kicking, mind numbing, opitical nerve blasting piece of CGI glory, that even if the movie is bad, will make worth the $7.50 I will have pay to to see it.
"Everyone but me has gone fucking nuts. I'm the eye of the goddam storm." - Tycho, Penny Arcade (Or a very irrate Fuyutsuki)

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Phaze » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:54 am

I will never understand the joy people get from seeing things explode, although Saikano had some pretty cool looking effects.
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:40 pm

Explosions are overrated. Blood is where it's at.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

coff
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby coff » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:51 pm

How about bloody explosions?

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Dave » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:02 pm

Imagine if they do something like the scenes with Leliel and Bardiel. Oh god, gallons and gallons of blood!
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:20 pm

coff wrote:How about bloody explosions?

I'm praying for these!!

Cyanna
Embryo

Postby Cyanna » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:42 pm

I'm kinda so sick of the bitching going on all over that I've been driven to the point where I don't care if it is dumbed down. I don't really care what they do to it or how much it is mangled. In all honesty I just want to see something different and I want to see it live.

I've kinda learned to view movie adaptations as their own seperate entities. Look at them as films and not just film versions of something else. I think Harry Potter PoA is the best film of the three so far despite the fans that say it "raped Rowling's words." If you didn't have the books to go by (like my friend), it would probably be your favorite movie.

For me I think the question is...will I like this movie if I had never seen the series? Rather then...how close to the series will this movie be?

houtaru
Lilith

Postby houtaru » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:14 pm

Cyanna wrote:I'm kinda so sick of the bitching going on all over that I've been driven to the point where I don't care if it is dumbed down. I don't really care what they do to it or how much it is mangled. In all honesty I just want to see something different and I want to see it live.

I've kinda learned to view movie adaptations as their own seperate entities. Look at them as films and not just film versions of something else. I think Harry Potter PoA is the best film of the three so far despite the fans that say it "raped Rowling's words." If you didn't have the books to go by (like my friend), it would probably be your favorite movie.

For me I think the question is...will I like this movie if I had never seen the series? Rather then...how close to the series will this movie be?

Preach On!

I agree! I think PoA was the best HP movie too but I believe that the creators put some real thought into it. I just hope they'll put the same amount of thought into eva.

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

Postby MongolSquad » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:39 pm

Cyanna wrote:I'm kinda so sick of the bitching going on all over that I've been driven to the point where I don't care if it is dumbed down. I don't really care what they do to it or how much it is mangled. In all honesty I just want to see something different and I want to see it live.

I've kinda learned to view movie adaptations as their own seperate entities. Look at them as films and not just film versions of something else.

Ah finally someone who shares my thoughts. Sorry I cut out the Harry Potter part but it was a good example but I'm not much of a Potter movie fan.

Olin of Xephon
Ramiel
Ramiel

Different...but good.

Postby Olin of Xephon » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:17 pm

I gues I have to admit to myself that this movie(s) are going to be a hell of a lot different.
But I agree Cyanna, I always look at the movies diferent from the books.

Like Eva said though, it better do Evangelion justice.
And I do not want it dumbed down!

Although I guess it will have to be.
Pardon me, I'm going to go let my dreams of a superb Animation to Live action film shatter, and bleed to death.

And allow my expectations for something "different" but still friggin amazing be reborn.

But seriously, besides bloody explosions, what scenes, fights, etc. do we want to see?

It better be good. It better be good... :evil:
I asked "And where would you take me?"
At this the beast laughed, tears made of my mother's blood leaked from his eyes.
"I will take you to every place you never wanted to be, and you will hate it."
"Then I will take you to every place you've already been, and you will hate that also."
"Last I will take you to the places you have always dreamed of, and that you'll hate worst of all."

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Dave » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:41 pm

I want to see how much horror and revulsion an oceon of blood with a demon standing drenched in it can evoke within me when it isn't just a drawing.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby EVA-01X » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:42 pm

Seconded

That and a new take on somthing we all love.
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:40 pm

There's a difference between something being different and something being not as good. I am not loath to change, but one thing we all have to count on is the nature of that change based on precendent. Some change is good, and some change is stupid. Personally, I could pick out some points that I think really should change for the sake of not being a totally goofy movie (*cough*bothofyoudancelikeyouwanttowin*cough*), but for the most part, filmmakers (or studios; I don't know who to blame) usually end up making something that they think seems novel at the time, but ultimately loses the magic that inspired them to work on it in the first place. Whether envisioning a scene, running through a line, or especially writing a script, it's important to center yourself and bring yourself back to what made the whole thing worthwhile in the first place.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”