Evangelion fanfic

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Jdrozen
Embryo

Evangelion fanfic

•      
  •      

Postby Jdrozen » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:15 pm

I wrote a short prologue for my fanfic which explains the setting of the fanfic. Comments please. I will add a story summary later.

In the early 21st Century a crisis happened which had dire consequences for Japan and strongly influenced relationship between countries which rose out of the ashes of 2nd Impact. A failed military action of JSSDF to prevent the Third Impact resulted in a fall of the Japanese government and overall paralysis of normal life in Japan. The fault of the JSSDF wasn’t in the failure to evade the 3rd Impact but in the unnecessary bloodshed of innocent people. When they arrived in NERV HQ to investigate they found nothing. It was False alarm. “Dummy Impact” how it was called or the Hayashito scandal after the Japanese defense minister plunged Japan into a chaotic state of unrest, economic crisis and civil demonstrations. All what was restored after the greatest tragedy that befell human kind was irreversibly erased, sweat and hard work of many was wasted. This state lasted for two years. The new fragile and shaken Japanese government pleaded the United Nations for financial and material help, but the other countries still recuperated from 2nd impact and Japan was back turned. Hope diminished until the United States outside the UN suggested an ambitious plan for Japan’s restoration. Having no other viable alternatives, a new Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security between the United States and Japan was signed on June 26th 2018. The treaty declares economic and military cooperation with the goal that Japan can successfully revitalize the devastated economy, bring security to the citizens and return the trust that it once lost.

The truth was far from what was signed on that day.

From that moment Japan lost the independence, liberty and sovereignty as a free country. Direct result of the treaty was assimilation of Japanese economy as an extra source of income for the hungry American corporations. Companies went bankrupt or became parts of their oversee counterparts. People went unemployed, poverty spread very fast. There was no more hope for Japan. JSSDF officially existed, but had no influence or authority whatsoever; real military presence was in the American forces who resided in Japan according to the treaty. Their name was AEDTF (American Expeditionary and Defensive Task Force). When they arrived and passed trough Japanese cities it gave a feeling of conquerors coming to claim the conquest. Sorrow could be felt in the air, and the bitter taste in the mouth - Japan lost.
Only one who profited from the deal was the United States, a shadow of the libertarian ideal it once was. It became a militaristic, anti-democratic state lead by an ambitious president currently in his lifelong term. Soon after his election the States positioned themselves as a world super-power even surpassing the pre-impact influence. Big amount of money was pumped into military and non military technology especially robotics and genetical engineering. Other countries will need decades to get to their level.

AEDTF units resided in military installations all over the land. The bases were built by Japanese money and man power. Japanese personnel worked there as an agreement but never in key positions. One of those bases was on the place where once NERV HQ stood.
Shangri-La. This was her name.

Jdrozen
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Jdrozen » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:29 pm

Summary:

We are watching (or reading whatever) the story of Kenzaburo Ichime, 19-year old young man who is sent to the Shangri-La base in Tokyo-3 where his new mission assignment is (he doesn’t know it yet). Kenzaburo is not an ordinary human. He is a Landsknecht. Landsknechte is a strictly classified special unit within the American army. Their purpose is to fulfill mission where ordinary soldiers would fail or accomplish slow or unsatisfying. There are mostly active in places where there is conflict which arose after 2nd Impact (civil war, famine) and where is political interest of America (like Afghanistan or Iraq today). The difference between a Landsknecht and a ordinary human is in their physical abilities. They bear strength, agility, reflexes and intelligence above the human level. The source of this power is genetic engineering. When they were embryos, their physical and mental attributes were altered through non-human DNA which stems from an embryo of a different kind (embryo of a FAR to be specific). This changed embryo was inserted into a surrogate mother. One Landsknecht = one mother. From an early age they were exposed to strict various military training and raised for only one thing: killing and fulfilling any mission that is appointed to them. They all wear special suits, exoskeletons and specialize in one cold weapon. Kenzaburo has a Katana. To plot twist is this. The exact FAR that was used in altering human embryos is Kenzaburo himself (I will elaborate this at a latter point). To return to the beginning, the Shangri-La was assaulted by an Angel the same day Kenzaburo was arriving in Tokyo-3. The question is: why are Angels returning when Lilith and Adam were used in the Third Impact which was stopped not by JSSDF (the official public version is that they found nothing which caused anarchy in Japan) as I mentioned it in the summary but of a higher force (I didn’t elaborated this part so I have to decide). Now I’m still pondering what is below the Shangri-la base in former Central Dogma:

a) Lilith reconstructed in the same form or in other possible way.

b) “Corrupted” version of Lilith called Htilil (backwards of Lilith) created in the same form like Lilith but completely black by the same higher force.

c) Something still not determined (by me).

One of those things is required for a ritual to summon “something” or “someone” (I will elaborate this at a latter point) because logically Angels wouldn’t be drawn here without any reason. Kenzaburo’s and the Landsknecht’s task is to prevent angels from entering the Central Dogma so that the Third Impact doesn’t happen. Not all Landsknechte are summoned here (they are assigned on other missions). I’m currently made up other two.

Ase Erlingsdatter – Female Landsknecht. Before the happenings of this fanfic she and Kenzaburo were a love pair. Kenzaburo was the one who broke the relationship. The relationship itself was Kenzaburo’s first attempt at intimate human contact. When it went a bit serious he got frightened (Hedgehog’s dilemma). During the course of the fanfic she questions here motives for falling in love in Kenzaburo (real feelings or something different).

Siegfried K. Heinrich – Male Landsknecht. Arrogant and self centered he considers Kenzaburo a rival. I’m not considering him an important character like Kenzaburo or Ase. More like a plot device and a bad guy latter on.

I’ve said that every Landsknecht has mastered a cold weapon.

Kenzaburo (Japanese mother) – Katana
Ase (Norwegian mother) – Lance (?) still thinking, Glaive perhaps
Siegfried (German mother) - Zweihänder or Kriegsmesser

Now something about the Shangri-La. In the summary I told it was build on the ruins of NERV HQ. It is not just a rebuild but a completely new architecture. It encompasses much more space then NERV HQ. It has two levels. The first on is on the surface an the majority of the staff is there. It has a big harbor where military ships and submarines are stationed, military airport and vehicle garages. The personnel count is 16,000. You get this number by adding the soldiers, pilots, engineering and scientific staff all together. The base itself is the largest in Japan. This surface part is really humongous. The base is the state of the art military installation. It is able to be completely self-sustaining and can survive two years without out outside contact. The underground part is where those things enable such self-reliability. Field full of food like grain, vegetables etc. electric generators of giant capacity that run this base (will be upgraded to something better, I’ll get to it soon) and unpolluted water source. All this is located on one side of the underground part. On the opposite site is the science division. Its activity is going to be very important in the series. In there are scientist who monitor the Landsknechte. Vital status, psychological state and similar. With them are another group of scientists: robotics, engineering, genetics, metaphysical biologists. They devise highly advance military technology for combat purpose or any other device that is useful to the military. One of their projects were already begun and transported to the labs. Two of the most important: Anti-AT Field weapons, artificial S3 engines.

Anti-AT Field weapons – first successful weapons able to work against the Angels. I’m thinking this:
1. Synthetic element that passes through A.T. Fields. He is melted and used as an alloy on rockets and similar ballistic weaponry.
2. Laser or a ray gun which destabilizes the A.T. Fields making angels vulnerable to conventional weapons.
3. Something different.
Artificial S3 engines – Not the same like the S2 engines that Mass Production Evas carry. It is more advanced and reliable. At first they will be used instead of the generators late for military purpose. The very first perpetual energy source on Earth!

The Staff. The base is lead by General William Kurtz. Kurtz comes from the 2nd Impact battlefields and has the honor and mannerisms of an honorable man. Although he has authority over the entire base he is powerless when he has to take order from the above (corrupted America) like death executions, questionable plans which cost human lives etc. He will not comply and at the end will totally be disobedient (the fanfic’s climax, you certainly wouldn’t allow that someone who knows about and possesses a dirty secret down below in the central dogma is a general went rogue and can get away with that). I didn’t thought out other characters yet as this is in early production state.

What is exactly down below the Central Dogma and for what purpose? This purpose is to summon an entity trapped for thousand of years in an alternative universe (Dirac See for example). This entity is a FAR that was cast of and banished for eternity for leading an attempt to overthrow their main leader. It happened in a giant battle long, long time ago. Here connects the origins of Kenzaburo. Kenzaburo was a FAR, in their hierarchy one of the four great FARS (the banished FAR included). He leaded the battle with other two remaining FARS against the banished FAR. They succeeded but it was in their prophecy that the banished FAR will return again and the last mother of all battles will be fought. For this reason he was put into an embryo form and one day when the time is right he will be reborn again (as Kenzaburo). Kenzaburo doesn’t have any memories of it. He was a blank board when he was born. When his embryo was found the founder didn’t know its significance so after the Landsknecht program he was inserted into a Japanese woman and treated no differently from the other afterwards.

How is summoning of the FAR connected with the American government? What sort of profit from it have the United States? When the FAR and his rebellious army were banished a servant of his remained here on Earth to prepare his coming. That servant, centuries ago made a pact with a group of men. In return that he provides knowledge and power in making those men those most powerful and influential ones in the worlds they would help him summon the FAR telling them they will be more powerful then ever if he would enter this realm. Today in the 21st century, this group consists of powerful industrialists and men on high positions controlling global economy and politics and for the first time one of them is directly a leader of a state. How are they connected with SEELE? SEELE was a small organization in the UN. Religious zealots who somehow got a hold of the Dead See Scrolls trying to achieve their own end. What they had in plan wasn’t in best interests of the FAR’s servant or these group of men. They tried to assassinate Keel but he survived, blinded as a consequence. 2nd Impact made them want to retaliate with full force, but the FAR’s servant advised patience interested how will the thing develop. They might even profit from it he said. The result of this patience is the “La bête” project.

Project “La bête” (French for beast) is the continuation of the project EVA. La bête is the most powerful Evangelion yet. Its power is so big that it is capable of obliterating all the MP Evas or Eva-01 in berserk mode. Powered by an S3 engine, armed with most modern weapons including nuclear warheads, capable of flight with wings to the outskirts of Earth’s atmosphere and armor three times harder than diamond it is the most dangerous weapon ever built in the history of man.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:58 pm

To summarise the summary - am I right in getting the idea that the intent behind this is not too far from what might be termed "NGE : the Next Generation" (by analogy with 'Trek - similar underlying set-up, but new cast and sets, and a higher special effects budget)?

I have no qualms about your technical handling of prose - these posts show more than adequate competence. Possibly I am not quite the sort target demographic(*) you have in mind, but the big question unanswered - and one that I ask of anything I read or watch - is "who are these people and why should I care about them?". OK, not something that could easily be answered at the initial scenario summary stage, but that has to be considered in implementation, to provide a hook to draw in the reader.

*given that my scenario statement for a fic tends to be of the much simpler form "Can the power of positive thinking — and an alternate, slightly older, version of almost the very best Angelic Layer deus in Japan make things turn out better for Asuka? Suppose the characters from AL existed in the NGE world, and add the necessary narrativium."
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Fanfiction”