What are you currently playing? [2]

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

[Video Games] What are you currently playing? [2]

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:58 am

Continuing from http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=475729#475729
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:11 am

Oh yeah, does everyone know there's been special sales on Steam for the past few days?

Spud
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Spud » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:57 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:Oh yeah, does everyone know there's been special sales on Steam for the past few days?

Yup, just got Monday Night Combat yesterday

Plan on playing that tonight with some freinds of mine. When we get bored of that we'll move on to TF2 or Terraria.

For the record the deal goes until the 10th so only a few days left.
�We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.� ~ Carlos Castaneda
"Blessed, truly blessed, are those who have not known devastation " Antigone

I am the Verizon of the desert

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby arkiel » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:15 pm

I got the lastest STALKER game for under ten bucks. Wanted something that could push my comp upgrade.

Spud
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Spud » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:36 pm

View Original Postarkiel wrote:I got the lastest STALKER game for under ten bucks. Wanted something that could push my comp upgrade.

I've been playing that for a while as well

If you want to test it further I would suggest the Call of Pripyat Complete mod. It will enhance the graphics, add better weather effects, and guitar songs. Just makes it a lot prettier without changing the core game
CoP Complete Video

Also just a tip
Technically a spoiler

SPOILER: Show
Save the Bloodsuckers Lair mission for the last thing you do (oh and bring a shotgun) in the first swamp area. When your done they will start to roam the zone and make life harder for you

Happy hunting STALKER
�We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.� ~ Carlos Castaneda

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

Postby Clover » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:50 pm

Metroid Other M. The game is shit, but I'm a masochist so I need to get 100% and play hard mode.

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

Postby backseatjesus » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:48 pm

Shadows Of The Damned is going on the "I'll get back to it later" pile since I stupidly played it drunk and ended up getting myself stuck.

Today I played Diablo II for the first time in years. MAJOR NOSTALGIA ATTACK.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:24 pm

Today Isaac Clarke met the Hunter. Isaac said "You are one thermodynamically impossible motherfucker!" and locked it in a box with a stack of Vanilla Ice cassettes.

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby arkiel » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:36 pm

View Original PostSpud wrote:Happy hunting STALKER

Thanks for the suggestion, Spud. I'm getting it now.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:38 pm

View Original PostSpud wrote:When your done they will start to roam the zone and make life harder for you

They're out there already. The last time I started a new game, I ran into a sucker before I'd even reached Skadovsk for the first time - and that wasn't on a high difficulty level, either.
Last edited by BobBQ on Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

Postby backseatjesus » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:23 am

I'm sick and tired of people fucking rushing on Diablo II. It's fucking crazy. I want to enjoy the game, yet everyone wants to just get to the end as quick as possible. It's also boring as shit to play alone.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:36 am

I'm playing the original Shin Megami Tensei and Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:54 am

View Original Postbackseatjesus wrote:I'm sick and tired of people fucking rushing on Diablo II. It's fucking crazy. I want to enjoy the game, yet everyone wants to just get to the end as quick as possible. It's also boring as shit to play alone.

That's how I preferred the game, really. Even playing with RL friends always ends up with an argument over loot.

Other people generally suck.

Also, I picked up a bunch of random cheap games on steam. Half of them I've never even heard of, but with these prices it's worth the risk of a couple duds.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:48 am

I just bought the original Deus Ex, is this good y/n?

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:59 am

That's a solid Y.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:20 pm

I picked up Bully for PS2 for 8 bucks the other day. I played it when it first came out but I don't remember a whole lot of it. I'm having fun with it.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Spud
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Spud » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm

Started playing TF2
I bought it a while ago but never got around to playing it until it went free
I play Heavy, and I'm damn good at it :grin:

(Pic is my TF2 Spray)

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

Postby backseatjesus » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:39 am

Oh yeah, just spent a few hours kicking ass with some people who actually wanted to play on Diablo II. I forgot how amazing the music was.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:38 am

Recently I've been playing the Thieve's Guild and Dark Brotherhood questlines in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Not all that 'bad' I think, although it would be nicer if the guard A.I. wasn't so... guh.
Voluntary Illusion.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:36 pm

I'm still waiting on that new MechWarrior game, it'll probably never be released because of FUCKING HARMONY GOLD

:rageface: :rageface:

This shit was settled years ago, suddenly they show a design that was borrowed and Harmony Gold BAWWS. It's been like this for what? 2 years now? :(

Though hopefully, it does get released and is on the PC, even without the Warhammer, Marauder and Archer, the modding community will be able to put them and other 'Unseen' into it.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”