[LAEM] God help us, they're still trying...

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

jonneh
Embryo

Postby jonneh » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:59 am

Oh, I see. Yeah, I suppose that's understandable after all of this success it's (Eva's) had over the years. Hell, if I created it and all of this happened to me, I'd get pretty damn tired of it as well. Thanks, Hexon.

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby drinian » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:41 pm

Carl Horn wrote:I think David Lynch or Terry Gilliam could do it.

Some of the better suggestions I've heard yet.

But isn't David Lynch busy giving weather reports? ;)

Winslow Leach
Adam

Postby Winslow Leach » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:31 am

Carl Horn wrote:The action scenes shouldn't be like a video game version of sci-fi; they should be to most SF film combat what the opening scene of SAVING PRIVATE RYAN was to most war movies. Thrilling, but highly unsettling and fearful.

Word on that, Carl.

And as for Gilliam and Lynch, I'm gunning more for, as I said, Alfonso Cuaron or Peter Jackson. Every film Gilliam seems to make these days is cursed with unsuccess and while Lynch would do good drama scenes with Eva, but I'm not sure if he could handle huge special effects set pieces. Look at the last time he tried to helm a huge budget sci-fi film. Dune was a disaster.

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

Postby master0rolando » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:14 pm

gah....they still have yet to choose a director...a lot of you are throwing in the towel too early.......there are probly a good deal of unkowns who could pull it off...and im sure Peter Jackson could manage...but they say its not gonna be him...

Heres an interesting though for all of you to think about...Tim Burton...hehe

Mundane
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Mundane » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:27 pm

master0rolando wrote:gah....they still have yet to choose a director...a lot of you are throwing in the towel too early.......there are probly a good deal of unkowns who could pull it off...and im sure Peter Jackson could manage...but they say its not gonna be him...

Heres an interesting though for all of you to think about...Tim Burton...hehe

He could do when Eva-01 eats Zeruel (or however you spell it, I'm terrible with Angel names). I bet it would be a hit just for that.
"Evangelion's some heavy shit. I've heard people get into serious philosophical debates on the internet. Then they jack off." -C4

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

Postby master0rolando » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:40 pm

he may actually be pretty good for the "delve into the mind" parts...he is pretty talented....but how he mould make the plug suits look would probly scare the crap outta me...it is curious how hed approach Kawrou and Rei...

thinking of how hed do with Kawrou and Rei and the Bloody fight scenes...and Tim Burton's near supernatural ability to create a mood with the environment...

maybe he could be the director or Eva...BUM BUM BUUUMMMMM

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”