[LAEM] Trailer ideas?

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

Rahaquiel-2D1S
Tunniel
Tunniel

Trailer ideas?

Postby Rahaquiel-2D1S » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:45 am

Here's my idea:

"A NEW ENEMY HAS RISEN" (Black BG with white text)

(Scene of NERV detecting angel)

"ANGELS"

(Scene of angel blowing up city, possibly Sachiel)

"NOW, IT'S UP TO THREE TEENS TO SAVE THE EARTH"

(Scene of the pilots together)

(More scenes)

(Show Shinji in the city alone while it is raining)

"STARRING DANIEL RADCLIFFE"

(Show Asuka kicking Angel butt in entry plug)

"LINDSDAY LOHAN"

(Show Rei syncronizing with Eva-00)

"AND LUCY LU IN"

(With Eva-01 roaring in BGM)) NEON GENESIS EVANGELION: THE MOVIE

COMING DECEMBER 2007

Note: The names I used for the actors are made up and are sure as hell are going to be different from what I listed. So, don't be alarmed.
Haunted dolls? If Rozen Maiden ever taught us anything it would be to look under it's dress.

<No animated GIF in sig, please. -Admin>

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:20 am

My observances of trailer editing and construction has determined that the effectiveness goes in this order.

1) No voice over, no text, the trailer uses native audio and imagery to weave together its pitch.

2) Voice over, like (1), uses native audio and text, but with more music, and also uses a predominate voice over from that one guy that voices almost every trailer.

3) No voice over, text titles. Mostly music, text titles construct the pitch.

I have noticed a tendancy for text to make really good teasers, but not trailers, I've also noticed a tendancy towards avoiding voice over not native to the film. They did that a lot more about ten years ago, but lately they've gone away from that.

ice reaper
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby ice reaper » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:22 am

the epitome of what should NOT ever happen!! how this trailer can even be concieved in an eva fans mind is astounding; it sounds like what it could turn out to be: a teen movie. a teen movie with a slight difference ^_^ but one nonetheless.

sorry if that's a bit harsh.

and can we keep these things in a single thread? it's somewhere around here....
Last edited by ice reaper on Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The divine fall silent as the freil plea aloud"

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:54 am

I tend to agree, the whole "its up to three teens to save the world" sounds really contrived.

Dimmi
Embryo

Postby Dimmi » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:54 am

this is my first attempt at devising a trailer and I'm no media student so feel free to flame :shock: :wink: I did have a search to see if there were any other threads about trailers but the one I found was last updated in January sooo I guess it can't hurt to post on this one, right? :wink:

here goes! :)

(black screen, completely silent)

(after a few moments, there is the sound of Shinji breathing unsteadily, gasping to catch his breath)

(scene switches to an old black and white miltary-record style film, grainy and shaking with the date JAN/JULY/whatever 2015 in bottom left corner, NERV in the other)

(birds-eye view of the SEELE monoliths and Gendo sitting at his desk, silent. Just as Gendo opens as his mouth to speak, the scene cuts away to-

(a woman in silhouette slumped against the wall with her back against the wall, a beer can in her hand and some kind of unseen animal huddled against her. She looks up and drains the can then crumples it and throws it across the room)

(wide angle shot of Tokyo-3. in the rain)

(screen switches to pitch black, Shinji's breathing is louder and more ragged)

(in shadow and not seen clearly, Unit 01 is standing upright in the bay. It is restrained with many heavy locks and bolts)

(closeup of Rei staring directly into the screen, in black and white. She mouths the words 'Are you lonely?')

(NERV's logo flashes up)

(Asuka is standing on a bench in her school uniform, also in black and white. She is yelling something, also staring directly into the camera but it is also silent)

(back to the shot of Gendo and the monoliths in birds-eye view)

(close up of Gendo's face in shadow)

Gendo: Mankind...has no time left.

(the next few shots take place in only a few seconds, with the sound of NERV Control room in chaos in the background (people shouting and yelling etc)

(previously pitch black shot switches to full colour, Shinji is crouched in the entry plug, he grasps the handles)

(Unit 01 launches)

(Unit 02 swings round two battle axes, turning to face the camera)

(Rei in entry plug clutching arm in pain)

(Misato in control room shouting while Ritsuko types furiously)

(Unit 01 racing towards camera)

(all noise fades away to the lone sound of Shinji howling)

(screen cuts to black)

hehehe well I'd like some comments! :P I know it gets a little Hollywood action thriller towards the end, but if it's true and they do hope to make a sequel it would probably be dependent on box-office sales, and sadly-but-true the big action sequences sell :P and I'd like to see a sequel (if the first ever gets made!!)

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

Postby master0rolando » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:26 am

Screen opens with the U.N. warning message...

with the research site of Antartica....grainy....like an old video tape

(Fuyutski's voice)
When god created the world...man sinned and disobeyed him...ruining his plan for a perfect garden...

[earth shaking footsteps...with people shouting "My god its moving...I cant even describe kzzzt..Adam kzzt Ada...kzzt...its... kzzt... MOVING!!!]

F's voice: Now God wishes to end his world....[White glowing Adam just barely comes on...but kzzzt...we lose visual]

F: Man will defy him once more...

(scene where Shinji is on top of Rei)....close up on her eye wile that funky banging sound (i never knew what that was)....is going very loudly...it goes back and forth from Shinji's face to Rei's eye...and on each bang noise it just barely flashes images...

1st "Sachiel... 2nd "Unit 01's eye from episode 2......3rd..Lilith's mask...

Then Shows a shot of Gendo doing his cool glasses thing from his veiw above the cages.......Then Keel going "Gods in his heaven...all is right with the world".....Then shot of Sachiel's mask while it makes that screaming noise...then Gendo's mouth..."Humanity has no time left"..

neon genesis....

EVANGELION....

Image of Rei in her "tank"..."what do you wish to be?"

2010...or whenever

I too would enjoy comments

Satsume
Embryo

Postby Satsume » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:06 pm

Dimmi wrote:this is my first attempt at devising a trailer and I'm no media student so feel free to flame :shock: :wink: I did have a search to see if there were any other threads about trailers but the one I found was last updated in January sooo I guess it can't hurt to post on this one, right? :wink:

here goes! :)

(black screen, completely silent)

(after a few moments, there is the sound of Shinji breathing unsteadily, gasping to catch his breath)

(scene switches to an old black and white miltary-record style film, grainy and shaking with the date JAN/JULY/whatever 2015 in bottom left corner, NERV in the other)

(birds-eye view of the SEELE monoliths and Gendo sitting at his desk, silent. Just as Gendo opens as his mouth to speak, the scene cuts away to-

(a woman in silhouette slumped against the wall with her back against the wall, a beer can in her hand and some kind of unseen animal huddled against her. She looks up and drains the can then crumples it and throws it across the room)

(wide angle shot of Tokyo-3. in the rain)

(screen switches to pitch black, Shinji's breathing is louder and more ragged)

(in shadow and not seen clearly, Unit 01 is standing upright in the bay. It is restrained with many heavy locks and bolts)

(closeup of Rei staring directly into the screen, in black and white. She mouths the words 'Are you lonely?')

(NERV's logo flashes up)

(Asuka is standing on a bench in her school uniform, also in black and white. She is yelling something, also staring directly into the camera but it is also silent)

(back to the shot of Gendo and the monoliths in birds-eye view)

(close up of Gendo's face in shadow)

Gendo: Mankind...has no time left.

(the next few shots take place in only a few seconds, with the sound of NERV Control room in chaos in the background (people shouting and yelling etc)

(previously pitch black shot switches to full colour, Shinji is crouched in the entry plug, he grasps the handles)

(Unit 01 launches)

(Unit 02 swings round two battle axes, turning to face the camera)

(Rei in entry plug clutching arm in pain)

(Misato in control room shouting while Ritsuko types furiously)

(Unit 01 racing towards camera)

(all noise fades away to the lone sound of Shinji howling)

(screen cuts to black)

hehehe well I'd like some comments! :P I know it gets a little Hollywood action thriller towards the end, but if it's true and they do hope to make a sequel it would probably be dependent on box-office sales, and sadly-but-true the big action sequences sell :P and I'd like to see a sequel (if the first ever gets made!!)

I like your idea the most so far! Picturing it in my head gives me the chills. I think that an appropriate trailer for this movie wouldn't have voice overs. Clips from the movie and plain text would do. Or just music. Anyway, neat trailer, Dimmi! Hope the real trailer is gonna be something along the lines of your idea.

Dimmi
Embryo

Postby Dimmi » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:15 am

Thank you!! :D I thought your average cheesefest Hollywood action film trailer wouldn't really suit what the show is about :)

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

Postby master0rolando » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:40 pm

using lines like..."New enemy...Its up to three teens to save the earth...and what not...thats a little cheesy.....(who am i kidding its extremely cheesy...).......Less talking...less used lines....gotta make it as mysterious as possible....but i think some talking is good....i wouldnt name the actors either....thats a really bad idea....and dont use...THE VOICE....you know the voice im talking about

ZeroFive1
Lilith

Postby ZeroFive1 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:24 pm

Just have holy music and combat scenes with NEON GENISIS EVANGEILON at the end. I think that would work out the best.

System Shocker
Lilith

Postby System Shocker » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:04 pm

ANGEL ATTACK!!! gold

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

Postby master0rolando » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:52 pm

the names of the films could be

1: New Genesis

2: ....(i dont know)...

3: The Dissent

zeaven
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Trailer ideas?

Postby zeaven » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:18 pm

Rahaquiel-2D1S wrote:Here's my idea:

(terribly contrived junk)

Note: The names I used for the actors are made up and are sure as hell are going to be different from what I listed. So, don't be alarmed.

Ugh. No. Jesus. Why.

I'm not an avid forum user, so I only sign up when someone says something profound or profoundly irritating, and this is a case of the latter. How can you legitimately suggest something like that for an EVANGELION MOVIE TRAILER? I suggest you save that idea for the inevitable Full Metal Alchemist live action movie.

The trailer MUST NOT have the following things:
- voiceovers (at least, not by that guy)
- text (NO, NO, NO)
- random pretentious quick-cuts (as suggested by Dimmi, although in all fairness, that's much more tolerable.)

However, this movie will not be geared toward a cult/brainy audience as it should be. It's going to be treated like the next action blockbuster as Lord of the Rings was. It may very well have a trailer like the one suggested initially, and that, frankly, saddens me.

Also consider that the first movie will most likely be episodes 1-7, cut up and made more easily digestible in 2 hours. (It should be noted that 7 episodes is about 140 minutes, or 2:20, so they won't need to cut that much, if anything. Maybe some of that "useless symbolism and foreshadowing" they'll likely encounter when adapting it to an American audience.) Because of this, it should be noted that the movie probably won't be nearly as dark as its scheduled 2nd and 3rd counterparts (especially #3, obviously). A trailer for #1 can't be dark. People on the fringe who like artistic movies that require intelligence on the viewer's part will be fooled into seeing something that isn't (yet). And normal people would be like "that looks boring" (also known as "ME TOO DUMB FOR THIS MOVIE"). So granted, trailer #1 should be more standard. But making it like the first suggested one would be an atrocity. Please, nothing that canned.

Oh yeah, I'm a staunch elitist. I don't mean to shit all over you, just your idea. Sorry. :P

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

Postby master0rolando » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:07 pm

everybody is so pessimistic about this movie...sheesh....but anyway...seeing as Lord of the Rings won 11 Oscars...(it was 11 right?)...i really wouldnt mind anyone approachin Evangelion like they did Lord of the Rings...

as for the trailer...it must have the deepness at the beginning...but must also have evidence of cool action battlenessness....after all....when you think about the show

eps 1-7... .25 Eva deepness .75 cool action

there until i think around Sahaquel or Leliel... .45 Deepness .55 cool action

and the rest of the show is .82 deep and .18 action

END OF EVA .75 deepness .25 action

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”