[MANGA] [NGE] New Manga Stage Thread

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
BiQ
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby BiQ » Thu May 05, 2011 1:55 pm

I'm now hoping with all my heart that Sadamoto will actually treat us to that ceremony. Hey, if the secret wish in the deep corner of that same heart ever since starting to read this manga in 2001 (or something) was delivered, that must count for something, right? :tongue:

biodude711
Embryo

Postby biodude711 » Fri May 06, 2011 6:10 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:They're MP Eva's -- of course they get to respawn. How else do we get to the divide by zero ceremony?

Shinji could have crushed the dummy plug when he attacked them. Under normal circumstances, without any sort of plug, an EVA can't operate.
Of course I could be wrong, but I guess we have to wait and see what Sadamoto is going to do.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri May 06, 2011 9:33 pm

Not sure what to say other than "meh". If Sadamoto leaves this at "BTDT fan wish fulfillment, canonicized", without any subversion or "twists", then color me disappointed. (Not that I had any expectations to begin with. [/episode 24]) I hope he ultimately uses it as a launchpad for something a little more meaty.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Lucretius » Fri May 06, 2011 10:22 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Not sure what to say other than "meh". If Sadamoto leaves this at "BTDT fan wish fulfillment, canonicized", without any subversion or "twists", then color me disappointed.

NGE is a boys' adventure story about giant robots punching each other. It's wish fulfillment to begin with.

Also, I'm back, beyatches!

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri May 06, 2011 11:51 pm

View Original PostLucretius wrote:NGE is a boys' adventure story about giant robots punching each other. It's wish fulfillment to begin with.

Please tell me that there is irony in here somewhere. You emit an idiosyncratic interference signal that foils my irony detectors, so I honestly can't tell.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Alastor » Sun May 08, 2011 6:10 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Please tell me that there is irony in here somewhere. You emit an idiosyncratic interference signal that foils my irony detectors, so I honestly can't tell.

At least the manga.

As this is playing out like a SRW title with EoE in it, the MPs are gonna regen, Sepheric EVA 01 shows up only to be bitchslapped from godhood (MX had a Retuning-Mode RahXephon iirc, same concept though) by something (my bet's Jet Alone) and there's going to be a GNR fight. >>
"Are you suggesting Toji was nearly killed because his eva had a yeast infection?" - NemZ
"You know...pretty much everybody has a motive to kill Kaji. So let's just take this to it's logical conclusion and say Pen-Pen killed Kaji in a jealous fit of rage over Misato." - Trajan

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun May 08, 2011 7:22 pm

View Original PostAlastor wrote:there's going to be a GNR fight. >>

And that's all that matters!
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Postby Azathoth » Sun May 08, 2011 9:21 pm

View Original PostAlastor wrote: there's going to be a GNR fight. >>

I would not be in the least surprised if Sadamoto did this
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun May 08, 2011 10:00 pm

View Original PostAlastor wrote:bitchslapped from godhood by something (my bet's Jet Alone)

Probably not... Sadamoto cast JA into the same pit of "you are not worthy of my condensed plot arc" shame as Leliel and friends.

and there's going to be a GNR fight. >>

:imagines a stationary, multi-tiered Yoshitaka Amano rendition of GNR on left side of screen, and squashed sprites of Eva-01 and -02 on the right taking turns attacking:

Eva-02 > Progressive Knife > Giant Rei's Right Nipple
HP -320

Eva-01 > Song of the Sephiroth (MP Needed - 99) > Giant Rei's Left Breast
HP -999

Giant Rei > Bug-Eyed Stare > Both Evas
HP -678, -781
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Postby Azathoth » Sun May 08, 2011 10:10 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Eva-02 > Progressive Knife > Giant Rei's Right Nipple
HP -320

Eva-01 > Song of the Sephiroth (MP Needed - 99) > Giant Rei's Left Breast
HP -999

Giant Rei > Bug-Eyed Stare > Both Evas
HP -678, -781

You cannot grasp the true form of Giant Naked Rei's forehead vulva
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun May 08, 2011 10:39 pm

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:You cannot grasp the true form of Giant Naked Rei's forehead vulva

Speaking of which, Giant Rei shouldn't have been giving them the Bug Eyed Stare during the chest tier battle. Apparently, I could not grasp the true form of her breast-based attacks. :bigeyes:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Alastor » Sun May 08, 2011 10:41 pm

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:You cannot grasp the true form of Giant Naked Rei's forehead vulva

...Don't give Banpresto ideas. Though it's end with a GNR being smashed into light by the GOLDION CRUSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHAAAAAAA!!! or by pissing off the Zeorymer. >>
"Are you suggesting Toji was nearly killed because his eva had a yeast infection?" - NemZ
"You know...pretty much everybody has a motive to kill Kaji. So let's just take this to it's logical conclusion and say Pen-Pen killed Kaji in a jealous fit of rage over Misato." - Trajan

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun May 08, 2011 10:58 pm

Considering GNR could phase through normal matter, and her super-massive form grows out of a frickin' AATF, I wonder how the hell the Goldion Crusher would be able to work on her. But, errrr, this isn't the crossover thread, so never mind...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Sun Stealer
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Sun Stealer » Tue May 10, 2011 6:03 pm

SWEET BABY JESUS, Sadamoto... working... manga... progress?! This is such a miraculous occurence I don't even have the words to describe it.

Yeah the manga is of inferior quality to the series. But how many times do you need to see the exact same thing happening in the exact same way? In any event, I'm just happy to see progress being made on the eva manga.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun May 15, 2011 8:56 am

English scanlation is out...

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Sun May 15, 2011 12:40 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:English scanlation is out...

I just read it to this song (at 2:06 seconds to be exact). It was thrilling. I don't know how, but it was.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Jayfive » Sun May 15, 2011 3:12 pm

No spoilers, but suffice to say those scans posted on here are not from chapter 85.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Sun May 15, 2011 4:13 pm

View Original PostJayfive wrote:No spoilers, but suffice to say those scans posted on here are not from chapter 85.

Yes, they are. Many of the manga sites and other hostings are listing what is actually 'Stage 84b' under the name 'Stage 85'.

84b is just the shot of Eva-01 rising out of the pyramid with a bunch of Asuka getting completely beaten by the power running out and the MP Evas. The pages that have been floating around recently of Eva-01 fighting the MP Evas would be from the actual Stage 85.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Jayfive » Mon May 16, 2011 7:50 am

So much for 'no spoilers' :P

Right, so this is some sort of prologue to the stage 85.

84b is just the shot of Eva-01 rising out of the pyramid with a bunch of Asuka getting completely beaten by the power running out and the MP Evas.

Thats basically the entirety of what ive found so far. Is the rest of this not out yet, if not when?

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Mon May 16, 2011 8:16 am

View Original PostJayfive wrote:So much for 'no spoilers' :P

Well I mean, the last 4-5 pages of this thread are full of that same info; it's really not spoilers for anyone reading the thread. If by 'no spoilers' you were indicating you didn't want any and had been avoiding those details somehow, I'm sorry. I hadn't considered that possibility with the way you had worded it.

Thats basically the entirety of what ive found so far. Is the rest of this not out yet, if not when?

The only other thing we have are two pages that were leaked or given away online that have been shown here in the last 4-5 pages of the thread. Not sure when the whole stage will be released/translated.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”