[CYOA] Evangelion: Adventure

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:21 pm

Dye your hair.

Also, are we going to be going through each and every single hour with each one of the pilots? because, honestly, I think that it would make much more sense to simply leave whoever pilot is "parked" doing some tedious and repetitive activity like LEVELINGUP instead of having to come back after 5 turns to pick up from where we left.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:23 pm

Sorry, I forgot the one sentence in which Rei DOES dye her hair. The vote is really, "What now?"

And no, you don't actually have to go through every hour. The only pilot whose perspective you MUST focus on is Shinji's; anyone else you can leave where they are and I'll take care of the rest.

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:30 pm

First off, let's use that green hair dye, and after lets check to see if it makes us look like less of a failed experiment. If it doesn't, more radical measures will need to be taken, like cutting our hair to 5cm or styling it to look like Dr. Akagi's du. After that's done let's vacuum and dust the house, clean the dishes, water the plants, sort the mail, and take out the trash. Once we've done those chores lets change into some different clothes, and walk around town . . . Wait, what's our wardrobe again?

OOC: Is there anywhere we can go to see the characters' current stats, inventory, codex entries, and quest status that doesn't involve asking you, sir? It would make the game flow a lot easier if we could check those things at a glance before posting.
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:33 pm

View Original PostLegendary wrote:you don't actually have to go through every hour.

Good, because if/when we go back to being Asuka, unless people have some good idea of what to do, my vote to call it a day still stands; there's no point in doing or suggesting anything if every time that is done the default answer is "everyone's at Nerv." and I don't really see why it would do any good to go back and slave over the entryplug and demand or ask for training/synchs tests unless doing that affect something in your stats.

As for Rei, walk out and watch in curiosity for the reaction you get from people as you rock the green new do; if no one asks you anything intellectually stimulating, then go to Nerv and see [s]how people there[/s] COMMANDER IKARI reacts to your new hair color.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Use the hair dye and wait for a few hours reading in your apartment to occupy yourself while it works into your hair. Then take a shower and head out on the town: the world is your burrito!

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:33 pm

^
:lol: That was great essel!
"the world is your burrito!"
:lol:
Yeah anyway on topic, hair dying then head out and show it off. In fact, show it to commander Ikari.
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:20 pm

In agreement with showing off Rei's newly dyed hair to Commander Ikari.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Let's just [s:319xa9he]show off to[/s:319xa9he] study the behavior of passersby and other acquaintances first. We have no reason to assume that this will impact our relationship with the Commander, and more importantly, he is a busy man and we shouldn't waste his time with such frivolity. We will see him when we are next needed.

Enki v.2
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Enki v.2 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:05 pm

Go through your normal schedule with the green hair, and pretend nothing happened. If Doctor Akagi or the Commander ask, tell them, since Akagi may suspect that it is a medical problem.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:44 pm

Cody MacArthur Fett wrote:OOC: Is there anywhere we can go to see the characters' current stats, inventory, codex entries, and quest status that doesn't involve asking you, sir? It would make the game flow a lot easier if we could check those things at a glance before posting.

This thought has merits, but I am also very lazy. I will see about this at some point or another.

CMF wrote:*wardrobe request*

Your school uniform, your plugsuit, your swimsuit, your kimono, your sundress... I believe that is it. You keep your uniform on.

Everyone wrote:Dye hair

Well, since I never got around to adding that sentence, fine. You now have green hair.

CMF wrote:clean

You spend an hour cleaning up the entire place. 12:20 PM.

essel wrote:shower

Yep. 12:35.

Everyone wrote:Show off your hair!

You head off to Nerv. You pass Shinji and Asuka, but they don't notice you because someone drags him off in some direction and Asuka doesn't know you well enough.

You're okay with that, you decide to eat lunch with the Commander.

You knock on his door, and he says enter because you knocked in a VERY specific way.

You open the door. He stares in shock.

"Rei, did something happen to you?"

The pilot-o-matic needs four more posts to recharge.
Your inventory consists of a PAINKILLER, your GAMEDEX, and your BIOLOGY BOOK.
You are wearing your SCHOOL UNIFORM, which holds your KEY and your ACCESS CARD, and your BANDAGES.

Stats:
SPOILER: Show
COOKING: H2O Burner
CLEANING: Pig Filth
ATHLETICS: Olympian
COORDINATION: Multidexterity
ANTI-DROWNING: Pond Scum
MUSIC: Empty-Bucketed
GARDENING: Green Thumb
HANDINESS: Broken-Wrenched
CHARISMA: Shy Guy
COMPUTER: Virus Target
SEARCH: Poirot-esque

PAIN LEVEL: The pain is becoming a distraction
SYNCH: 15%
HAND-TO-HAND: Low
MELEE: Medium
RANGE: High
STRATEGY: N Tier 2

GRADES: You're Failing
CLASS STANDING: Loner
RANKING: Genetic Database User
CRIMINALITY: Truant

SELF-ESTEEM: You don't think you're needed
SANITY: Sometimes you wonder...
PHILOSOFIX: Hobbes' Horror
MONEY: @490
LUCK: Heads and tails, equal

IKARI: Acquaintance
SORYU: Just Met
???: 0
SUZUHARA: Acquaintance

KATSURAGI: Acquaintance

COMMANDER: Friend
SUB-COMMANDER: Acquaintance
AKAGI: Antagonist

IBUKI: Acquaintance
HYUGA: Acquaintance
AOBA: Acquaintance
AGANO: Acquaintance
OOI: Acquaintance
MOGAMI: Acquaintance

Combs
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Combs » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:49 pm

Tell him you're sure it's a side effect of the painkillers Ritsuko gave you.
Proud founder, and sole member of A.I.D.S
"Can you bond with someone, over a television show? ...neuuugh?" -Craig Ferguson
"her BREASTS are like THE MAJOR'S from GHOAST In the MACHINE, She is like a person with CYBORG RADIATOR BREATSTS that do not WORK unless EXPOSED or in TIGHT CLOTHING or else the EXPELLED HEAT managed to SET THINGS ON FIRE" -chee, on misogyny

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:50 pm

You don't understand. "No, why do you ask?" There was that strange man who approached you on the sidewalk nearby your apartment and asked you to shave his back, but you doubt the commander would be aware of it.

edit: No, Combs! Don't lie! You don't want to be sent in for cold, scientific examination... Plus, it'd totally throw off your experiment. If he asks you directly, tell him the truth, but don't make a note of telling him unless he asks specifically.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:54 pm

View Original PostLegendary wrote:"Rei, did something happen to you?"

Admit to the commander what you did and why you did it.

"I have colored my follicles in a green hue in an attempt to observe the reaction of the people around me; so far no one has reacted according to how I suspected they would."

Once you have explained him that, roll for REDEYES, stare at the commander and ask him "Do you think this color is agreeable, commander?"

Depending on the answer, roll for COMMANDERHORSE or AMINOACID-KUN and go to the mall to look/buy one of those plushies

Enki v.2
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Enki v.2 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:04 am

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:You don't understand. "No, why do you ask?" There was that strange man who approached you on the sidewalk nearby your apartment and asked you to shave his back, but you doubt the commander would be aware of it.

edit: No, Combs! Don't lie! You don't want to be sent in for cold, scientific examination... Plus, it'd totally throw off your experiment. If he asks you directly, tell him the truth, but don't make a note of telling him unless he asks specifically.

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:09 pm

Respond that nothing happened that you did not allow, and if he presses the issue say that you felt like you needed a change from the norm for a while. Above all else we can't let it slip that we hate our naturally blue hair. After all, if Daddy finds out we're just as messed up as Shinji he may not love use anymore.

On that note, perhaps we should get some blond dye to try out some time in the future.
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

Enki v.2
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Enki v.2 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:16 pm

*pokes Legendary*

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:21 pm

I hope old legendary is okay, but if that is his actual age recorded, I hate to think what might have happened.
Interesting Quote:
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:14 pm

To keep things going, i'll go over the game mechanics and see if I can take over for when I am on. Just to be sure though, someone else should do the same.
Interesting Quote:

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:54 pm

Er...but this is Legendary's. If you want to start a CYOA, start your own. As I said in the Rei CYOA thread, don't ransack the OP's house while he's away.

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:41 pm

Usually I wouldn't essel, but I am worried that the OP may no longer be among us. I hope he is okay, but considering the amount of time elapsed I think he might not be.
Interesting Quote:

Return to “Role-Playing Related”