It´s not sexual harassment, it´s COMEDY
As if the two are mutually exclusive
There are both in this ep.3 of Hana Iroha... and it divided the fans too. Most would give some more time to see how the story direction goes though...
I have been checking some anime for the second time and I have some more thoughts about them:Aria the Scarlet Ammo
- Is there such thing as "hysteria savant syndrome"? It just seems to be the excuse for the guy to suddenly act cool and badass before girls once he switches to "Hysteria Mode".
- Hate the guy for mistreating one of the best osananajimi (childhood friend) ever: Shirayuki will do anything for him, has a great body (and chest), cook really good food, and will clean house and wash clothes. And the guy just brushes her off?!
- The fan service surprised me. I wonder if the original novel is like this too.
- The gun fight can get surreal, and why students are allowed to fire guns at will in classroom? (better not think about it)Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
- OP animation is less "high-budget" than I usually expect from Shaft.. The song is really infectious though
- Watching it again soon after checking other anime got me realize that the Japanese used in this anime is pretty convoluted, particularly those spoken by the MC. Seems it is also the style of the light novel. Fortunately this anime has Japanese subtitle...
- And the chikuwa/futon girl spoke in really weird way, both in pronunciation and contents. Again seems to be the style of the light novel. Again need the subtitle...
- Like Hana Iroha, we have a not quite responsible mother.... Seems this setting is getting popular these days... And is she really 39??
- I am not sure if the titles of the books Denpa girl has on bookshelf were translated in fansub, but they are serious science books on cosmology, and I own at least the book ペンローズのねじれた四次元 (The twisted 4th dimension of Penrose)
by Kaoru Takeuchi.
- Animation and drawing is very good especially when Denpa girl finally showed her full appearance.
- Like Anohana, this is a story with one lead character as hikikomori. Is it getting popular too? Ano Hana
I watched it again, and then again. So far for me this is the best in this season. It is hard to say how it will develop and so whether it is going to sustain the same quality, but as far as a first episode is concerned, I think it is god tier quality. Background art, animation and character designs are beautiful and very well done. The directing is tight, managed to cram in a lot of information yet makes it look streamlined and allows breathing space. We learn all the main 6 characters gradually and even has time to flash back to the past a few times. The background of Menma is done very well: instead of just expose it out of the blue, it gradually dawns on us what it really is, and what it seems to mean to other people. I love both main characters Jintan and Menma, and all the supporting characters show promise -- in a refreshing change we even have two hardworking intelligent and down-to-earth characters, something quite rare in anime. I surprised myself when I found tears rolling over as I watched it the second time. The choice of the ED is a very clever choice, as the song Secret Base is an old song that was covered a few times in the past about good memory of childhood plays in summer and celebration of friendship forged in childhood. It would sound familiar and nostalgic to many people. Highly recommended.Steins;Gate Ep.2
Actually the 2nd episode has even faster pace. A lot of supporting characters are introduced. And apparently a lot of the original material has to be cut. I read that the lecture of Kurisu was a very long one in the game -- people took >2 hours just to go through the lecture but in the anime we only saw the end result (Houin completely trashed by Kurisu). It can't be helped. The game has 10 chapters and chapter 1 is not yet fully covered by the 2 episodes. Assuming 2 kurs means 24 episodes, it would be 2.4 episodes for 1 chapter.... I can still follow the story but it is not hard to imagine some may decide to give it a pass.... My feeling is that the story has to get more interesting later..
As all anime this season has aired at least the first episode (except the delayed MoshiDora, the management theory anime), 2chan held a dicussion about which one they thought best, and so far ANO HANA
and TIGER & BUNNY
got the most votes, followed by Hana Iroha, Nichijou. Others like MariaHolic, SteinsGate, Dog Days, AstraRotte, [C], Kaiji, A channel all got a lot of mentions too, as well as Blue Excorcist and Azazel-san (which I have not seen yet).
This is also reflected in the Amazon JP anime BD sales ranking from last weekend too:
Ano Hana - Anohi mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi ha mada shiranai
PMMM - Puella Magi Medoka Megika
IS - Infinite Stratos
Hana Iroha - Hana saku Iroha
OreImo - Ore no Imouto ha konnani kawaii wakega nai
GitS - Ghost in the Shell
(remember any ranking above 80 or so should be considered successful)
01 Ano Hana #1
02 Tiger & Bunny #1
03 PMMM #1
04 Mimi wo sumaseba
05 MS Gundam UC #3
06 PMMM #2
07 PMMM #5
08 Tiger & Bunny #2
09 PMMM #4
10 Hana Iroha #1
11 PMMM #3
12 OreImo #5
13 MS Gundam - counterattack of Char
14 IS #2
15 GitS S.A.C. solid state society -another dimension-
16 Working! BD Box
17 Steins;Gate #1
18 IS #1
19 Hana Iroha #2
20 Index II #4
21 Hana Iroha #3
22 Hana Iroha #4
23 Hana Iroha #5
24 Hana Iroha #7
25 Hana Iroha #8
26 Hana Iroha #6
27 Hana Iroha #9
28 Blue Excorcist #1
29 Natsume Friends' Diary BD Box
30 IS #3
31 Clannad After Story BD Box
32 OreImo #6
33 Star Driver #4
34 Break Blade movie #6
35 MS Gundam F91
36 IS #4
37 MS Gundam UC #1
38 IS #5
39 IS #6
40 Steins;Gate #2
42 Sweet PreCure #1
43 Aria the Scarlet Ammo #1
45 Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko #1
54 Dog Days #1
64 A Channel #1
EDIT: The trailer of Ano Hana is only available on the website!http://www.anohana.jp/story/02.html
The town on which Ano Hana was based is Chichibu 秩父
which is near mountains and located in the western part of Saitama prefecture (or bordering Tokyo on its south east)
Here is one comparison between anime scene and the real life location at Chichibu Bridge