[LAEM] Starts with a "B" and ends with a "udg

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

tokenflipguy
Embryo

Postby tokenflipguy » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:01 am

Hexon.Arq wrote:Robin Williams should be the director, writer, and only star of the Evangelion movie. I would definitely pay to see that.

It'd be like Patrick Stewart doing the Chrismas Story by himself.......wait a minute...

xiuxiu
Adam

Postby xiuxiu » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:16 am

robin williams is overrated. he annoys me. he thinks he's so funny but he isn't. i know he is a fan of eva, but he is still an asshole.
i will spank your ass so hard you will hate the wig master

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:40 pm

xiuxiu wrote:robin williams is overrated. he annoys me. he thinks he's so funny but he isn't. i know he is a fan of eva, but he is still an asshole.

Why is he an asshole? Are you sure you're not just an intolerantly dull person?

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Timstuff » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:48 pm

Robin Williams seems like a kind of cranky individual when he's not goofing around, but personal issues are hardly the main reason for why he shouldn't be in the movie, since there are much bigger ones (namely that there's no-one he could convincingly play).

As for the film's budget, they're obviously going to need at least 100 mil, and even that's a bit frugal for a movie with as many special effects, sets, miniatures, animatronics, and costumes as ELAM will need. Somewhere between 100 and 150 million seems about right, probably falling in somewhere around 125 million. If it's the success that I, ADV, Gainax, and Weta hope it will be, then the sequels will probably be budgeted at around 150-190 million.

Kaworu Nagisa
Embryo

Postby Kaworu Nagisa » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:31 am

If Robin Williams had to be someone, let him be Fyutski (I swaer he is half Russian, but then again I'm tired and have only seen the entire series once) He can play a serious role qite well.
Kaworu died for your sins > . >

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Timstuff » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:14 am

No way. Fuyutski should be played by Liam Neeson! Check out this resemblance!

After being in Darkman, Star Wars Episode 1, Batman Begins, and Chronicles of Narnia, I don't think he'd be at all put off to making geeks drool at his presence yet again.

Also, he's a lot taller than Williams, and I don't want a short Fuyutski.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:20 pm

That haircut makes him remind me of Christopher Lloyd in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

aCynicalPie
Embryo

Postby aCynicalPie » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:41 pm

Am I the only one that thinks that the only reason WETA gets more mail about ELAM is because it's more or less a current film?

I mean, I'm sure WETA received plenty of email about LotR back when it was actually new, but let's face it, Return of the King came out in 2003.

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Timstuff » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:29 pm

Well, there's also Halo, which at this point is much closer to actual production than ELAM.

Mundane
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Mundane » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:25 am

Hexon.Arq wrote:Robin Williams should be the director, writer, and only star of the Evangelion movie. I would definitely pay to see that.

"Go out to drink with a Scotsman."
"Evangelion's some heavy shit. I've heard people get into serious philosophical debates on the internet. Then they jack off." -C4

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”