Puella Magi Madoka Magika

Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:31 pm

View Original PostXard wrote: you promised me loliservice and delivered 404 error! :crybaby: :crybaby:

Not found?? No problem for me though. Sigh.. I hope it is still within mods' tolerance....

SPOILER: Show

I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:35 pm

Delivered and received! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :thumbsup:

I don't think there should be a problem here...

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:12 pm

2chan people are checking ep.1 now but not just for the key scenes...

ImageEPISODE ONE
ImageEPISODE TEN

Not sure about the girl behind Madoka, but the boy in front of her seems to be "fixed" in ep.10 ....
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:13 pm

yeah, that head is really something in ep 1 picture...

let's see if they change him when the BD comes out :)

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:41 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:

:mwahaha:

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:28 pm

^Nice, but it would be better if it were Mami.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:37 pm

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:^Nice, but it would be better if it were Mami.

but then it wouldn't anymore be "loliservice", would it...

anyway, poor Homu Homu :(

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:41 pm

^:rofl:

View Original PostXard wrote:but then it wouldn't anymore be "loliservice", would it...
Mami may have an impressive rack but she is still young enough to count as a loli.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:50 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote::mwahaha:

I see you're finally accepting who you really are..

Shinbo has used this aspect ratio in several other shows he directed, right?
I'm just throwing this out there but I found it amusing/interesting that we hear a film reel at the beginning of the 1st episode and then we get this aspect ratio, which is exactly 2.35:1 (i.e a common one used for theatrical movies)

I wonder why each episode started with that ratio, weird shinboism I guess. He did the same in BMG.

P.S watching PMMM properly on a high-end 47" screen is a whole different experience than just a decent 23" computer one. I nearly shit myself seeing homu go badass mode on the "Mami witch".

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:17 pm

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:^:rofl:

Mami may have an impressive rack but she is still young enough to count as a loli.

Lolis with an "impressive" rack are the best lolis.
Talking about Mami, I wonder why Madoka and Sayaka didn't ask to Kyuubey if it was possible to bring her back to life or not (maybe you've already discussed about this point but I'm a little perplex, I've read that maybe it could be possible but I'm mainly concerned by the fact that they didn't even try to ask if it was possible).
Last edited by Hyper Shinchan on Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:40 pm

Thanks for the "impressive" pic Hyper Shinchan. :wink:

Not really sure why they didn't think to ask about bring Mami back. Maybe they were to afraid of dying themselves to risk making the wish at the time. Though I do know Homaru told Madoka wishing the dead back to life was pointless.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:00 pm

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:Thanks for the "impressive" pic Hyper Shinchan. :wink:

She's even more "impressive" in this picture but I doubt that you could consider her a loli (and yet again she's with Charlotte...):

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:Not really sure why they didn't think to ask about bring Mami back. Maybe they were to afraid of dying themselves to risk making the wish at the time. Though I do know Homaru told Madoka wishing the dead back to life was pointless.

I didn't remember this part, well it'd make sense (more or less) in this case, yet they could have tried to make the hypothetical question "can you bring people back to life?" just to be sure (actually the fact that it's pointless doesn't necessarily mean that it's impossible, it could be like in the case of Sayaka's desire).

EDIT:
I suppose that now the "official" pairing will probably be MadokaxHomura but I'll keep proudly shipping MadokaxMami:
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:23 pm

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:^:rofl:

for once I was happy to see QB :lol:

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote: Mami may have an impressive rack but she is still young enough to count as a loli.

Well, this is interesting. If one refers to all underage anime girls as "lolis" then yes, she is...but at least in west it's usually used to refer to girls with more petite builds who also tend to be short. Sheryl is 17 and Ranka 16 but only Ranka is "loli" character out of the two due to her petite build (fluctuates quite a bit in official artwork) and short stature. Even more blatant example would be Ami and Taiga from Toradora with Ami being the curved, big boobed one whereas Taiga is superloli (completley flat and girly build).

Then similarly common option is to only refer characters who look or are prepubescent as lolis, their actual ages be damned (we have those thousand years old space queens who look like 10 years old, for example).

And then some people refer gothic etc. lolitas as lolis too, further confusing the situation...

I usually refer to characters who look preteenish as lolis and in some cases petite teen characters. Madoka fits in this category. Mami can only be described as loli if we go by first criterion but it isn't all that commonly used given general age of anime characters and how they tend to look anything but their ages...

...did I just write this much on what are the criterions for loli? Oh god :facepalm:

View Original Posttoe mash wrote:I see you're finally accepting who you really are..

SHAFT and Shinbo tend to do that...

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby The Bastard King » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:56 pm

Wouldn't it be more accurate to refer to them as chibi? K-On and Lucky Star both did the same thing, but I've never heard those characters referred to as loli.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:57 pm

View Original PostThe Bastard King wrote:Wouldn't it be more accurate to refer to them as chibi? K-On and Lucky Star both did the same thing, but I've never heard those characters referred to as loli.

Chibi is specific art style. Only loli in K-ON cast is Azunyan, Lucky Star's characters are sometimes called loli due to the their DFCness...

Noriko is my wife
Lilith

Postby Noriko is my wife » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:13 pm

These chests are not flat enough to be considered loli

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:18 pm

View Original PostNoriko is my wife wrote:These chests are not flat enough to be considered loli

Madoka is under Definition 2 - esp. in opening animation

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:23 pm

View Original PostNoriko is my wife wrote:These chests are not flat enough to be considered loli

Not cool man :thumbsdown:

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:02 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:She's even more "impressive" in this picture but I doubt that you could consider her a loli (and yet again she's with Charlotte...):
Now that's to much of a good thing.

(actually the fact that it's pointless doesn't necessarily mean that it's impossible, it could be like in the case of Sayaka's desire).

Yeah, I noticed that. Pointless isn’t the same as impossible, but I think from the standpoint of the story bring her back would have just gotten in the way so they didn’t do it.
EDIT:
I suppose that now the "official" pairing will probably be MadokaxHomura but I'll keep proudly shipping MadokaxMami:
So will I.

View Original PostXard wrote:A comprehensive study on the true meaning of the term “loli”as understood by contemporary anime fans.
Well, all I can say is you’re certainly well versed on the subject, Xard. When I made my comment I hadn’t really put nearly as much thought into as you clearly have.

I give your chart a 5 out of 6, Noriko is my wife.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:07 pm

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:
Well, all I can say is you’re certainly well versed on the subject, Xard.

and ain't it fucking sad T_______________________________T

Return to “Anime and Manga”