[Film] Up coming movies

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:55 am

Hexon.Arq wrote:I didn't care much for Revenge of the Sith, either, to be honest. How do you get such a god-awful performance out of Natalie Portman? That takes some major suck talent.
By all accounts, Portman insists on being pampered and babyed constantly to get a decent performance out of her. In the first two prequels this wasn't too bad since the acting of pretty much terrible across the board, but it really became noticable in RotS when everyone else got their shit together.

Also: http://www.transformersmovie.com/
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

xiuxiu
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby xiuxiu » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:23 pm

hayden christiansen is by far the worst actor in the world. i usually like natalie portman, but i don't really think anyone in rots was good.
i will spank your ass so hard you will hate the wig master

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:33 pm

Has that Final Fantasy movie been released here in the UK yet?

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:57 pm

Zugzwang wrote:Has that Final Fantasy movie been released here in the UK yet?
Yup. Been out for a while. Tescos has it for £15.

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby anatrok » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:47 am

ferrarimanf355 wrote:You guys forgot one...
8)

sorry, i hate to resurect this topic....but this totally reminds me of a song...
Music Aeroplane
should be like the first song on there, "snakes on a plane"
i think it's catchy

PS:Yes, that's me singing, and yes that's my simple as fuck 2 cord change...

Ryousanki King
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ryousanki King » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:02 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:All this and yet still no TMNT IV. It's not right.

Actually, that one's apparently in the works. :D

Right now I'm looking forward to a couple films: Ghost Rider, Spider-Man 3, Iron Man, Captain America...and a couple non superhero films, but I forget what those are (TMNT IV, Transformers, etc). :P
Currently: Working on some comics + Photoshopping some new avatars

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:37 pm

I really can't wait to see A Scanner Darkly. That one looks like a classic post apocoliptic totalitarian society type of scifi.
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:30 pm

ChronoX wrote:I really can't wait to see A Scanner Darkly.

Same here! I wonder how the scramble suits will look?

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:17 pm

um, no idea what that's about......

Wheres TS?
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:23 pm

Ryousanki King wrote:
Hexon.Arq wrote:All this and yet still no TMNT IV. It's not right.

Actually, that one's apparently in the works. :D

Right now I'm looking forward to a couple films: Ghost Rider, Spider-Man 3, Iron Man, Captain America...and a couple non superhero films, but I forget what those are (TMNT IV, Transformers, etc). :P

A Captain America film? Godfuckingdammit, that will be terrible.

Should've gone with Captain Britain :P Hell, an Excalibur film might actually be a pretty good idea. Have the actors who did Collussus, Kitty and Nightcrawler reprises their roles, maybe an adaption of The Fury story or something.

I'd watch it.

Ryousanki King
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ryousanki King » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:00 pm

According to Avi Arad, the producer and partly creator of all current Marvel films, the following are scheduled to release (chronological order of release):

Iron Fist (not very well known superhero, oft teamed with Power Man; 2006)
Ghost Rider (2007)
Spider-Man 3 (2007)
Wolverine (2007)
Iron Man (2007)
Fantastic Four 2 (believed to have both Dr. Doom and the Silver Surfer; 2007)
Magneto (2007)
The Incredible Hulk (2008; possibly a remake of the original, or a sequel, remains to be seen)
Daredevil 2 (needs confirmation)
Nick Fury (2008)
Ant-Man (2008)
Thor (2009)
Captain America (2009)

Presumably, however, several of those films may have spinoffs. For example, Spider-Man 3 will most likely end with Venom having become a key villain for a Spider-Man 4, there have been rumors of a Punisher 2, and discussion of a possible Iron Man sequel has also been rumored of behind the scenes at Marvel. Naturally, being a huge Marvel fan, I plan to see every one of those in theaters and then plan to buy them when they're released (the only films I've yet to buy are Daredevil, Hulk, and Elektra, for monetary reasons).

I presume you also mean Union Jack, Captain America's British counterpart, correct? I'm not aware of any other British only superhero.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:40 am

ChronoX wrote:I really can't wait to see A Scanner Darkly.. i

I shall be seeing that next Sunday at the local film festival, along with a bunch of other films not yet, or only just, on release - as ever, I'm blogging (the "me" icon below) the reviews as I see things.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:45 am

The only thing I want to see is the new Piracts of the Carribean and Lady in the Water but I doubt i'll get to see either one....I'm very uncomfortable in the movie theater and I don't have anywhere to rent movies at school. So I'll just play more Guild Wars. Le sigh.
I heart Encyclopedia Dramatica!
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:08 am

Ryousanki King wrote:
Iron Fist (not very well known superhero, oft teamed with Power Man; 2006)
Iron Fist is awesome. This could be a really fun martial arts film.

Fantastic Four 2 (believed to have both Dr. Doom and the Silver Surfer; 2007)

See, even though the first one was supposed to be terrible I'd probably end up watching this just for the Surfer.

Nick Fury (2008)

It better have Hasslehoff as Fury again.
I presume you also mean Union Jack, Captain America's British counterpart, correct? I'm not aware of any other British only superhero.

Well, I did actually mean Captain Britain, who isn't really a Captain America analogue but is much more intresting :P but there been loads of characters created by Marvel UK that had hardly appeared anywhere else. Like Pete Wisdom, for example, who outside of the Excalibur books has only appeared briefly in X-Force and in Uncany X-men during House of M, which was really a lead in to New Excalibur anyway.

Ryousanki King
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ryousanki King » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:27 am

I thought the FF movie was actually pretty loyal to the comics, straying here and there once or twice. Some minor acting problems (some people might see them as flat, especially Julian McMahon for his portrayal of Doctor Doom) and a short fight scene make up the criticism for the movie almost entirely. I really advise you watch it, it's good. Hasselhoff as Fury would indeed rock...again. XD

@SEELE: You'd love Pirates 2 - I saw it yesterday. I don't think anyone could have seen that ending coming.

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:37 am

Titus wrote:um, no idea what that's about......

Wheres TS?

As usual I have to provide the answers.I had to search for it myself because I havent even heard of this movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0405296/

http://wip.warnerbros.com/ascannerdarkly/

Trailer

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0405296/trailers-screenplay-E26723-10-2

Synopsis
America’s endless and futile war on drugs has become one and the same with its war on terror. Reluctant undercover cop Bob Arctor (Keanu Reeves) follows orders to start spying on his friends, Jim Barris, Ernie Luckman, Donna Hawthorne and Charles Freck. When he is directed to step up the surveillance on himself, he is launched on a paranoid journey into the absurd, where identities and loyalties are impossible to decode.

Based on legendary science-fiction author Philip K. Dick’s own experiences, “A Scanner Darkly” tells the darkly comedic, caustic, but deeply tragic tale of drug use in the modern world. The film plays like a graphic novel come to life with live-action photography overlaid with an advanced animation process - a method known as interpolated rotoscoping, first employed in writer/director Richard Linklater’s 2001 film "Waking Life" - to create a haunting version of America, seven years from now.

“A Scanner Darkly” stars Keanu Reeves, Robert Downey Jr., Woody Harrelson, Winona Ryder and Rory Cochrane and is written for the screen and directed by Richard Linklater.
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:55 am

And as usual you don't know what's going off either.......but you come running regardless... :wink:

Timesplitter 01 wrote:As usual I have to provide the answers.I had to search for it myself because I havent even heard of this movie.

Thanks bro, now that I know what the movie is about, I can't be asked to watch it. This was one of my 1st posts yesterday..... I meant to ask if you knew the forums were back up since you enjoy voicing opinions in this thread....

I am Keanu....
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:15 pm

Titus wrote:And as usual you don't know what's going off either.......but you come running regardless... :wink:

Timesplitter 01 wrote:As usual I have to provide the answers.I had to search for it myself because I havent even heard of this movie.

Thanks bro, now that I know what the movie is about, I can't be asked to watch it. This was one of my 1st posts yesterday..... I meant to ask if you knew the forums were back up since you enjoy voicing opinions in this thread....

I am Keanu....

Hey given that you were on a road trip I didnt know if you would have read the email or not so yea. Whenever your around I do come running because of the reason that you have in your sig :lol:
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:47 pm

lol

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:16 pm

ChronoX wrote:I really can't wait to see A Scanner Darkly. That one looks like a classic post apocoliptic totalitarian society type of scifi.

Just "Seven years from now", nothing really other than business as usual...

The scramble suits were handled well, as indeed the whole film, given that it had to be packed into a linear narrative. And playing a burned out junkie plays to Keanu Reeves' strengths :lol:
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Film and Video”