[LAEM] Do you think they might...?

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

dylanjacobs1991
Embryo

Do you think they might...?

Postby dylanjacobs1991 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:01 pm

Hi, i would just like to start off by saying i'm new here and that i love eva and all that, you guys know the drill, but i just had a thought, when or if they make the live action movie, do you think they will have made up characters to be in it just for the sake of the movie, i've seen it happen before many times in manga-to-anime and anime-to-film, all i'm saying is that i would hate it, and i hope they keep only the characters from the story and don't try to make some random mary-sue, what do you all think?

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:09 pm

It's still really vague at this point. We don't even know if the cast will be asian or caucasian. I suspect that some characters will get written out, some may get combined, and some might get added. You never know. Matt Greenfield said at the Tekkoshocon Eva panel that some were written out of the early script, but even that is still too early to tell.

Ryousanki King
Adam

Postby Ryousanki King » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:14 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:It's still really vague at this point. We don't even know if the cast will be asian or caucasian. I suspect that some characters will get written out, some may get combined, and some might get added. You never know. Matt Greenfield said at the Tekkoshocon Eva panel that some were written out of the early script, but even that is still too early to tell.

Wait wait wait, don't you need someone to pen a script before you can write characters out of it? :lol:
Currently: Working on some comics + Photoshopping some new avatars

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:10 pm

If I had to estimate based on the time between when it was first suggested via the press that a script was actually being worked on and today while assuming the workflow I would imagine given the level of "dedication" paraded, I would say there are at least six drafts sitting under an empty Nabisco Pinwheels box *clap clap clap clap* deep in the heart of Texas.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

defiate
Lilith

Postby defiate » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:11 pm

evamonkey wrote: I suspect that some characters will get written out, some may get combined, and some might get added.

i pray that they never touch the characters list or their personalities since it is the bulk of the original anime.... removing, adding or even more horrific- combining characters will just mess up a huge part of what made eva what it is.(Kaji+gendo, ritsuko+Misato or maybe even penpen+ritsuko's cats... blegh)

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Kaysow » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:41 pm

Isn't it, by now, pretty safe to assume that this project will probably end up being just the shell of Evangelion? Maybe with a budget they'd get it to look all purrty and shit, but from all I've heard of it, it seems that it most probably will be Evangelion only to the name, with none of the depth and afterthought of the anime. Probably (certainly) won't be nearly as shocking to the audience either.

At least that's the bleak outlook you get when hearing how it's gonna be an action movie and not characterdriven.

Hi, I'm Kaysow, 22 years old. Yorushiku!

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby TheBlueTree » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:46 am

no news is good news...
Mr. Bud
"Suits? You've got to be kidding me.
Mighty Morphin' Ev-an-gel-i-ooooonnnn!"

Seele 08
"Is it a sign that you might be an otaku when your betta fish are all named after anime characters? One betta is named....Gendo. No wonder my mom and freinds think I'm a nut case."

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”