Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

This is for the non-Eva goings on at Gainax, both old and new.

Moderator: Board Staff

Grimmjow
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Grimmjow » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:59 pm

View Original PostNAveryW wrote:According to the PaSwG Twitter feed, they just finished dubbing the final episode (with the original Japanese dialogue, I mean). This may be the first time GAINAX has completed the final episode of a show more than a day before the episode was supposed to air!

I just realized something, may or may not be a coincidence:

Throughout the whole show, Panty's lust and promiscuity have never been condemned or even depicted as "bad things". The Tokyo Youth Protection Bill was passed, then all of a sudden we get an episode in which Heaven denies Panty access to Heaven because of all her sexing it up. As the anime production process, especially at GAINAX, is such that changes are frequently made at the last minute (Evangelion represents the epitome of this, with no ending even decided until the last possible moment, and even then...), it's possible the ending was altered so GAINAX can use this aspect of the story as defense against the claim that this show "unjustifiably glorifies sexual or pseudo-sexual acts". It certainly wouldn't be an anomaly for a GAINAX series to deviate from the originally planned ending.

I disagree with that assessment. Panty has always been called and known as a dirty hoe. Her actions are certainly comical but they are never directly justified either. For example in that episode with Stocking the issue was brought up that Panty had never loved anyone thus she could not understand the purity of Stocking's love.

I found it interesting that they made Brief attractive beneath his hair. Not to mention his courage. Perhaps it is referring to inner beauty?

The episode was a bit of a "return to purity" episode, symbolically with Panty returning Brief's "pure love" and hilariously literal with Panty becoming a virgin again. XD.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:38 pm

yeah also given that the bill is geared at restricting things that aren't clearly int he adult catigory it shouldn't matter here given that PSG is in the older audience demographic.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:56 am

Guys, the bill won't get power 'till next summer. There's no reason for it to affect PSG. Besides, developments in last ep were long time coming if we look at the whole work in retrospect.

MasonFighter
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MasonFighter » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:12 am

Garter and Corset are Ex-Lovers. Calling it right now.
"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."
"Wars are rarely fought between good and evil; Most are between one good and another good."

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:13 pm

Anonymous 12/21/10(Tue)16:03 No.43816180

This Friday, on the very special final episode of Panty & Stocking...

Episode 13: Title Undecided
Script: Hiromi Wakabayashi, Masahiko Otsuka
Director/Storyboard: Hiroyuki Imaishi (Series Director of P&S, Storyboard for episodes 1A, 1B and 6, Series Director of Gurren-Lagann, Storyboard for episodes 1, 8 and 27)
Assistant Director: Kazuya Tsurumaki (Series Director of FLCL, Series Director of Diebuster, Director of Rebuild of Evangelion)
Animation Director: Sushio (Animation Director of One Piece movie 6, Animation Director of Gurren-Lagann episode 15, Mechanic Animation Director of Diebuster episode 6, Animation Director of Panty & Stocking episode 1B)
Summary: The End

Tsurumaki?

Oh my oh my

Imaishi, Tsurumaki, Sushio...

yup, GAINAX ain't holding back now. Holy shit

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:12 am

I´ll be skiing in the alps when the last episode of PSG airs.

NOOOOOOOO

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:15 am

Reposted from the ADTRW Panty and Stocking thread:

Details from today's Gainax's live commentary:

-The production for final episode is completed.
-Sushio, Animation Director of the final episode, is really fucking exhausted; he hasn't bathed in a week, they say. However, he says that he is really proud of his work and that he is expecting to WOW people in the same in which he WOW-ed people with Gurren episode 15.
-They flat out called the Demon Sisters' scene yuri.
-To make up for the recap episode, they're going to add a BD/DVD-exclusive episode on the final BD release.
-The DJ at the Rock Foundation party is Taku Takahashi drawn in P&S style.
-Brief's VA said that while playing Brief in episode 12B, he made sure to feel like if he was "piloting a Gundam".
-The staff actually checks out Pixiv's fanart; they were happy when they saw today's top 10.
-To make sure to draw Panty's feelings accuratedly, all the scenes with Briefers and Panty were left to the female animators.
-They're releasing an art-book at the Talk Live Animated event.
-Wakabayashi and Nishigori are looking forward to the doujinshi fans come up with for C79: "Please work hard, everyone!"

MasonFighter
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MasonFighter » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:01 am

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:-To make up for the recap episode, they're going to add a BD/DVD-exclusive episode on the final BD release.

So, same thing they did with Gurren Lagann?
"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."
"Wars are rarely fought between good and evil; Most are between one good and another good."

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:06 am

The staff actually checks out Pixiv's fanart; they were happy when they saw today's top 10.

Happy that they haven't lost that audience segment they thought they might, I guess

PanSto Imaishi interview from Young Ace October:

-Imaishi feels kinda bad about PanSto. He is very sorry since he is totally going to disappoint the enthusiastic female fans who had promised him with sparkling eyes at Comiket to also support his next work. He expects to lose the "fashionable 20-something females" he had won over with ‘Gurren Lagann’.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:26 pm

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:-To make sure to draw Panty's feelings accuratedly, all the scenes with Briefers and Panty were left to the female animators.

oh gainax
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:20 pm

my body is ready for the trolololo. come at me, gainax!

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:32 pm

-Wakabayashi and Nishigori are looking forward to the doujinshi fans come up with for C79: "Please work hard, everyone!"

This is the one series for which doujins of both normal and ero-variety are propably just as true to the spirit of original :hahaha:

gwern
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby gwern » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:15 pm

Hah. Does anyone still hold the 'but all the fanservice and ecchi-ness is Gainax being ironic!' theory?

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:46 pm

View Original Postgwern wrote:Hah. Does anyone still hold the 'but all the fanservice and ecchi-ness is Gainax being ironic!' theory?

Who has ever espoused theory like that? :hohum:

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:09 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:Who has ever espoused theory like that? :hohum:

I can't be arsed to dig through threads and find specific examples, but I'm pretty sure it's been brought up at least a few times in discussions on here regarding the appropriateness of fanservice in NGE (and Rebuild, though of course that's not technically Gainax...still a lot of the same creative staff, though).

gwern
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby gwern » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:10 pm

Well, specifically? There was at least one dude on Reddit, and it's a stupid enough theory that I'm sure someone here must have suggested it at some point.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:27 pm

GAINAX = BEST TROLLS

= FUCKING BEST AND MOST GLORIOUS TROLLS

SEASON TWO CONFIRMED BTW
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:30 pm

>GAINAX
>Second season
Let me put on my cool face.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:49 pm

fuck yeah!

if that isn't a nice christmas gift i don't know.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:27 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:>GAINAX
>Second season
Let me put on my cool face.