Really Asuka???

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Asuka Langley
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Langley » Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:32 am

I think that was Misato's jacket... because there was her gun next to it. Unless that's not the right scene, but it did come after all the dead nerv staff.
There was no sign of the actual Asuka from her point of 'death' til her reappearance at the end of the movie.

And I'm still going to try and comprehend her injuries -_-
We'll see whachu' got.

http://xrl.us/ccnh

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:43 am

about the injuries... do you think the theory that the new Asuka is part Rei is valid?
i think that she suffered major damage to her nerve endings (feeling pain to an extreme degree...) and that could explain the bandages...

Asuka Langley
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Langley » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:24 am

The nerve endings thing, I can buy. And I kind of like what phaze said about the hypnotic state thing. It sounds cool.
And it really seems like something that came from her head.

But the Asuka/Misato/Rei thing, I definately can't go for.

The injuries are just way to coincidental in regards to her final battle.
And the eye is blue... so, I dont see how she's part of anyone but herself.
We'll see whachu' got.

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:42 am

i doubted that theory because Misato's cross is nailed to a wooden cross, and Rei had her right eye bandaged it think...
it was the same with Rei when bardiel forced gendo to blow-off the arm of unit 00

Asuka Langley
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Langley » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:48 am

She did have her right eye bandaged. But I forget if it had alternated at some random point for whatever reason.

I'm not sure where that 3 for 1 theory came from tho. Altho, in one of the commentaries someone mentions that her eye is brown.
I was kind of aggrevated with that since all my TVs clearly show blue.
We'll see whachu' got.

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:45 am

i think its just the lighting...i dont see any brown...her plug suit looked a bit like that...

coff
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby coff » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:16 pm

It was 100% Asuka in that scene. I don't get why some people can't just accept that

ShoKenju
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ShoKenju » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:50 pm

coff wrote:It was 100% Asuka in that scene. I don't get why some people can't just accept that

i can, they see that eva has an obscene amount of subtlety. they want more, so they make stuff like this stuff up
a man within the trap of one sided love is a man torn beyond his imagination.
-----------
Reason = Virtue = Happiness

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:28 am

i agree...maybe they simply have low res movies? who knows...

belial11737
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby belial11737 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:48 pm

This is my truth about the end of EoE:
We have all heard that the charachters in Eva derive in some way or another to Genesis (eg. Shinji is Adam, Rei is Eve and Asuka is Lilith.......)
Before u brush me off ...... wait........there is a point to this......in the begginig God created Adam (Shinji) and Lilith (Asuka) from clay....but they did not got along well they were always fighting and arguing so God casted Lilith away and created Eve (Rei) from Adam, these got along very well, they were the perfect couple u might say...........
In the of EoE everything is returned to the state of biggining therefore Shinji is Adam an Asuka is Lilith......we see Rei in the backgroung because she's Eve waiting for the exile of Lilith......Shinji chokes Asuka so that when she dies Rei can "come in" but Asuka does something unexpected something that shows Shinji that she loves him and that no matter how mean she had been before she wanted nothing els than being with Shinji....Shinji cries for he feel bad about what he had tried to do and cries.....
kinda long.....but there u have it.....hope someone reads this........ 8)

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:12 pm

belial11737 wrote:This is my truth about the end of EoE:
We have all heard that the charachters in Eva derive in some way or another to Genesis (eg. Shinji is Adam, Rei is Eve and Asuka is Lilith.......)
Before u brush me off ...... wait........there is a point to this......in the begginig God created Adam (Shinji) and Lilith (Asuka) from clay....but they did not got along well they were always fighting and arguing so God casted Lilith away and created Eve (Rei) from Adam, these got along very well, they were the perfect couple u might say...........
In the of EoE everything is returned to the state of biggining therefore Shinji is Adam an Asuka is Lilith......we see Rei in the backgroung because she's Eve waiting for the exile of Lilith......Shinji chokes Asuka so that when she dies Rei can "come in" but Asuka does something unexpected something that shows Shinji that she loves him and that no matter how mean she had been before she wanted nothing els than being with Shinji....Shinji cries for he feel bad about what he had tried to do and cries.....

phew!i would never imagined something like this.

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:29 pm

Sounds very interesting , could be true .I never though of it like that.
Any one else like to comment.
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

aranami
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby aranami » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:48 pm

kinda long.....but there u have it.....hope someone reads this........

From what i have read and herd about this version of Genesis, Lilith didn't get along with Adam because she didn't like being subservient to Adam(Adam was the boss and Lilith was to do what he said). Because of this she was cast out of Eden. She did however love Adam. When Eve was created Lilith became jealous of her. In some areas of the world when a child dies it is attributed to Lilith because of the jealousyshe felt towards Eve.

To compare this to Eva, Asuka doesn't get along with Shinji. That’s not to say that she didn't still like him, after all she kissed him long enough to make him turn blue. She hates him because people think more highly of him then they do of her, or she didn't like the thought of Shinji being better then her. Also when Shinji is with Rei at the train station Asuka gets mad that they are together.

In the "return to a state of begining" could be seen as Shinji(Adam) trying to show his dominance over Asuka(Lilith).

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:17 am

i was going to argue that Rei represents lillith but after this i have to say that it makes a lot of sense...

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”