Can we have?

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Shnooks
Israfel
Israfel

Can we have?

•      
  •      

Postby Shnooks » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:52 pm

Can we have less fail and more win?

kthnx

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:39 pm

Please elaborate.

Heidroch
Lilith

Re: Can we have?

•      
  •      

Postby Heidroch » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:46 pm

Shnooks wrote:Can we have less fail and more win?

kthnx

Since this thread fails, my guess is no, there will be no win anytime soon.

Shnooks
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Shnooks » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:27 am

D:

Most of the posts have been lacking...

intelligent discussion, such as this one.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:33 am

Shnooks wrote:D:

While there may be no high end discussion, this forum is generally devoid of incredibly immature discussion. I find nothing wrong with the level of discussion. If you want to see more intelligent discussion, start some threads along those lines that encourage it.

Heidroch
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Heidroch » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:10 pm

Shnooks wrote:D:

Ah, so that is what you mean. I thought you were just bored and made this thread just for the sake of making one. Considering the topic of your thread, it's rather humorous- Posting an uninformitive and vague post in a thread complaining about the lack of informative and worthwhile posts... Huh? :roll:

Well, considering how bad a forum can get, it really is not that bad. Sure, we have a few spammers(I'm not saying youre one of them), but at least its not too much.
I'm also a member at Valve's Steampowered forums, and I think it's much worse there than here. The forum has quite a few members that just look for reasons to flame other members who are genuinely asking for help:
"Hello, I would like to know how to set up my own LAN server so I can play with my buddies. How would I go about doing this?"
- u hav to use the search buttun lol wtf noob.
"Umm, yes, I tried that, but LAN is three letters and the search wont work for any terms less than four letters."
-lol stfu noob.

Also, there are other members who join just so they can turn the Off-Topic forum into their web blog. Thankfully, the banstick swings swiftly for them.
Threads like; "oommgggg 2day i was at school and i asked some1 to copy his answers and he was like no and i was like wttttfffff"

So, taking all this into consideration it really isnt too bad here.
.....Although Monkey could turn this forum into something like the Gary's Mod(HL2) forum, in which members get temporarily banned if their posts contain any grammarical errors, and are permanently banned if their posts only contain "lol", or other totally irrelevant information.

Hmm... maybe Monkey should look into this..... :twisted:

Shnooks
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Shnooks » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:08 pm

no, I just ment, like...

what we're discussing at times...deserves some intelligence to back it up. I mean, I wont compare this to gaiaonline.com, but i just always took this site as a sane, intelligent place to be...ne?

._. it's those 'swimmers, ne?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:44 am

Taking the thread title and expanding it as a more general "wouldn't it be nice if..."

Could we have a purge of obvious link-spammer zombie accounts (or failing that, have a rel="nofollow" added to the profile and member-page links to kill their utility as Google-fodder for the gambilng or pharma sies thay are advertising.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

poetic_assassin
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby poetic_assassin » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:14 pm

"sane, intelligent place to be"!? HA!

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:19 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:Taking the thread title and expanding it as a more general "wouldn't it be nice if..."

Could we have a purge of obvious link-spammer zombie accounts (or failing that, have a rel="nofollow" added to the profile and member-page links to kill their utility as Google-fodder for the gambilng or pharma sies thay are advertising.

Just a reminder, having scanned the websites claimed by a number of new registrations.

Adding a captcha to the sign-on screen, if there's a good module for that, wouldn't hurt, either.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:14 pm

I activated the visual confirmation to find that it doesn't even work properly. I'll see about updating the board to the latest version of phpbb and then giving it another whirl. Until then, I'll just have to delete them manually.

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”