Scripts?

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Scripts?

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:35 am

Random question:

We don't have a section of the wiki for transcripts yet do we?

I would think having transcripts of the Platinum sub, Perfect Sub, maybe the dub, and the literal translation project in the wiki would be good.

Is there a reason why we haven't done this yet?

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:51 am

I don't remember the details, but before his disappearance OMF did some work on the Commentary templates to support additional translations. If we can adapt that work to show them in the same row, it could make comparisons much simpler. We once talked about doing the same with the original Japanese script by showing and hiding it with some CSS tricks.
Unfortunately the Commentary Project stalled some months ago and that work remained at the prototype stage.

If someone needs it, the Platinum sub transcript for episodes 6-10 is already accessible through the wiki (for example, here's the index page of Episode 10). Some time ago I finished preparing the cuts and the screenshots for episodes 11-26 so it's only a matter of uploading them to the wiki, if someone is interested.

Deyno
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Deyno » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:47 pm

please start with the scripts of Rebuild

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:59 pm

No idea why this wasn't brought up in 2007. Do you mean just the transcripts of dialogue or the full script for each episode? The latter would be a real challenge to translate and put online, but the former shouldn't be too much trouble.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

facespace
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby facespace » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:13 pm

Do we have any scans from the actual scripts?
PEWPEWPEW

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”