[LAEM] Just what does this movie need to be good?

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

poetic_assassin
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby poetic_assassin » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:26 am

Action, suspence, romance (no masterbating!!), drama, a little comedy, but no Daniel Ratcliff!

ThroneofDravaris
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby ThroneofDravaris » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:54 pm

I won’t see it if it doesn’t have a masturbation scene. :(
BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND

ferrarimanf355
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby ferrarimanf355 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:29 pm

Just as long as Uwe Boll isn't involved, it's probably going to turn out okay. Perhaps it could end up like the Lord of the Rings trilogy and have the story spread out across three three-hour movies released over a three year period. It worked for LotR, it could work for NGE. I would have also suggested that Peter Jackson direct if Anno-san is standing firm about staying away from this project, but Jackson's busy with the Halo movie, executive producing that and all... 8)
myspoonistoobigmyspoonistoobigmyspoonistoobig... I am a banana!

Winslow Leach
Adam

Postby Winslow Leach » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:10 am

I don't think executive producing Halo will stop him from directing Evangelion, personally. It'll have to wait until after The Lovely Bones is done and over with, though.

Anyways, seeing King Kong has only solidified my belief that Peter Jackson is the best living filmmaker alive today. He's one of the few directors guaranteed to save ELAM from suckitude.

poetic_assassin
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby poetic_assassin » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:24 pm

ThroneofDravaris wrote:I won’t see it if it doesn’t have a masturbation scene. :(

Me neither.

ferrarimanf355
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby ferrarimanf355 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:27 pm

I'll tell ya what it needs. It needs to take place on a plane. With snakes on it. Snakes on an Eva. How could it go wrong? Sounds like another good fanfic in the making... 8)

myheadexplode
Embryo

Postby myheadexplode » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:48 pm

the movie is still very far away, but I have a good feeling about it's outcome. Because Weta is handling the special effects, we can be assured that the movie will at least look good. We do need a director and team who knows what theyre doing and has knowledge of the actual series. Actor wise, im pretty sure they'll settle on undiscovered actors. I'm a bit worried how they will handle the casting, as we can almost be guarenteed that caucasian actors will be cast. hopefully they will be asian mix at least, but still. What I'm mainly concerned about is localization. If Weta pulls a 4kids on us and changes the character's names to half-assed american names, a lot of people will be dissapointed. If the names do change, i will be slightly upset, but not enough to ruin the entire movie for me. who knows, they could bypass localization and say that "Japan is the last city on earth and as a result, all of these mixed nationality people have Japanese names." Whatever they do, I await the outcome anxiously. If it's good, kudos to the team. If it's bad, I will have a good laugh and watch the series again for the hundredth time.
he who would empty the lake of fire must have a long spoon

K2Grey
Adam

Postby K2Grey » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:02 am

After much consideration, I have decided that the thing that will make this movie good is Divine Intervention.

ferrarimanf355
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby ferrarimanf355 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:39 pm

Here's another good idea. Instead of "Fly Me to the Moon" playing over the end credits, how about "Where Is My Mind?" by the Pixies? When you think about it, everyone in that series went batshit fucking loco at one point or another. 8)

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

Postby SEELE 08 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:08 pm

K2Grey wrote:After much consideration, I have decided that the thing that will make this movie good is Divine Intervention.

You beat me to posting that. :x

But I'm sure it won't get made so we have nothing to worry about.
I heart Encyclopedia Dramatica!
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”