Aye, Me Achin' Womb!

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Aye, Me Achin' Womb!

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:25 pm

If I wrote a novel based off of EGF, would any of you care?

What I mean is, would any of the beloved regulars here mind if I wrote characters, or caricatures, loosely based off of them, in a book, where they would interact with other characters based off of other forum members? Of course, no names or user names would remain the same, and I would be making every attempt to get the identities of the characters across mostly in dialogue. For the two of you who've read any fiction of mine, you have a vague idea of how this will turn out.

For those of you who don't know, I have aspirations to be a published novelist and I've been compulsively writing and rewriting short stories since I was sixteen. The stuff I wrote in the first few years really sucked, but I remedied that by rewriting them, about ten times each, until most of the suckness has been drained out, like the puss in the cyst beneath my left sideburn. Because my early work was incredibly pretentious, vague and non-linear, I had tons of fun finding connections until the stories all webbed together in previously unforeseen ways. Now the stories form a novel that's roughly 300-400 pages, and is still rapidly expanding, like a malignant cancer. In short, it's much too large and ambitious for a first novel, and I need something shorter and simpler.

I've been kicking around some ideas, and one of the more pregnant ones is the one I'm addressing in this thread. There's an office building housing a local newspaper, a failing film review magazine, a medical clinic and some other shit that will pop up when, and if, I plan this out. Through a series of seemingly disconnected misadventures that paint pictures of the occupant's fractured lives, it becomes apparent that this building and its occupants share a dark secret. The kicker? The occupants are all loosely based on people from this forum.

I could go on, probably for pages and pages, but you're probably bored, so leave me a "Yay" or "Nay" on this one, and if there's any interest, I'll be happy to explain more later.
Last edited by MugwumpHasNoLiver on Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:27 pm

A big, fat, steaming pile of YAY! I'll add that I can't imagine anyone having any problem with this.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:29 pm

I’m probably not one of the regulars you’re referring to but I think you should go for it.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Merridian
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Merridian » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:36 pm

Your book needs a magical girl (or boy, or androgynous thingamajig), a rocket car, and a beer guzzling chain smoking Uzi-toting German Shepherd that talks in riddles and rhyme.

if it has all of these elements (as well as that plot you mentioned, obviously), then by all means go right ahead. I'm sure it'll be awesome.

planet news
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby planet news » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:37 pm

Are there mods in the book? If so, you've got your drama right there.

A roman à clef of the digital age, eh? Good idea.
"Crab People, look like crab, talk like people. Crab people . . ."

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:58 pm

View Original PostMerridian wrote:Your book needs a magical girl (or boy, or androgynous thingamajig), a rocket car, and a beer guzzling chain smoking Uzi-toting German Shepherd that talks in riddles and rhyme.

I'm not joking. The other book, the one that's too long, already has roughly two and a half of these things. There's a talking dog, but he's not a German Shepard and he doesn't drink, smoke or own an Uzi. I don't think it would be ethical to write these things into something else. Then again, it could be. I know nothing of ethics.

Planet wrote:Are there mods in the book? If so, you've got your drama right there.

You can't have a sinister cabal hiding a deadly secret without people in charge. Of course, I never paint any conflict as black and white, there's layers and layers of moral ambiguity. But that speaks for itself, and sounds stupid when read aloud, so I'll stop.
Last edited by MugwumpHasNoLiver on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

planet news
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby planet news » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:14 am

Please make a literary analogy for the ethical concept of STAYING ON TOPIC BITCHES.
"Crab People, look like crab, talk like people. Crab people . . ."

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:20 am

Sounds good to me as long as anyone mentioned gets a free copy if you get it published.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:21 am

I think it's necessary that a certain, infamous, "dynamic (banned) duo" (delicately phrased so to avoid the wrath of the mods...) needs mentioning somewhere...
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Xeroko
Forum Maid
Forum Maid

•      
  •      

Postby Xeroko » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:31 am

If I'm in it I will read it and love it, and make sure my boots are in it... ;)

(srsly, go for it)
Clocks and Maids
Don't believe in yourself, believe in the maid who believes in you! <3
The Ewan McGregor and Jaime Lannister Fangirl of EGF
My cakes will pierce the heavens!
Maidly Quote: "I'll punish you in high heels!"

[url]http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt111/Xero103/1297051910683.jpg[/url]
~=Gothic Lolita=~
EGF's Herald of Slaanesh

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:00 am

Do it. DO IT!
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:11 am

Only if Ekin Cheng plays me in the feature film adaptation.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:22 am

View Original PostBomby von Bombsville wrote:Only if Ekin Cheng plays me in the feature film adaptation.

I want to have Miyuki Sawashiro voice me in the anime adaptation. Don't ask.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Ramiel
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Ramiel » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:29 am

I vote yes, even though I'm sure I'm not one of the people to whom you're referring. Go for it!
I frequently herp where I should derp. Also music.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:10 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuckerization
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:32 am

Sure! Be sure to mention my 13 inch penis, my brief hook up Angeline Jolie, and my tenure as Prime Minster of Canada. :happypills:
I won.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:12 am

If by some off-chance I'm cool enough to be included in this, I want my name to be Ricardo.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:27 am

If I wrote a novel based off EGF, would any of you care?

Only if I'm tsundere love interest or snarky Little Girl

(Whatever happens otherwise is fine with me. Though I think Nana Mizuki should voice my character in possible anime adaption...)
Last edited by Xard on Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:51 am

Just so you crazy kids know, I'll be taking all your ridiculous demands as a personal challenge.

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:14 am

If you can make it as hilarious and innovative as possible, then I'd care. Do you have any examples of previous writing you've done?

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”