[Film] Project 880, parallel to Battle Angel Alita L.A.F.

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

[Film] Project 880, parallel to Battle Angel Alita L.A.F.

•      
  •      

Postby rip3mwk » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:24 pm

Okay what the hell is Project 880?? This is driving me insane!
Yeah so to begin, James Cameron is directing the massive budget Battle Angel but before that he will be doing a very similar sci-fi epic that has been called Project 880 (not real movie title). From all that I have read, this is supposed to be something that he put on the back burner and can now finally direct -- I know that he wanted to do Akira way back but the budget ran for 300 million dolla, so that went down -- this could be Akira --- buuut I also read, this is where my true interest comes in, that he wanted to do L.A.Eva... I seriously doubt it but that doesn't keep me from wanting to know what this 880 is. The combined budget is over .5 billion by the way.
The website www.battleangelalita.com is owned by Fox Pictures so that is moving along, but just recently, they have been played around w/ and the new site holds 880 in the url... okay I'm going to stop before I hurt myself...

A link by the way:
[url]http://comingsoon.net/news/battleangelnews.php?id=11823[/url]

poetic_assassin
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby poetic_assassin » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:36 pm

I'll bet it comes right after project 879.

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby bp32 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:22 am

Looks like it might be Avatar: http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/682/682407p1.html
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

Return to “Film and Video”