[CYOA]The character insert

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Chowwow » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:35 am

Since we are going all John McClane here, be a man:

A) Answers the radio

And try to be convincing.

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby GoatMan » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:49 am

A)

"I'm sorry," Shinji answered, pressing the talk feature of the radio. "Your friend Jonas here has a little case of death."

The man on the other end of the radio let out a short hiss, then spoke slowly, his voice ice cold. "And who might you be? Obviously some teacher who's watched too much television?"

"Bzzzz, wrong answer!" Ikari grinned, working his hand slowly over the sights of the submachine gun, checking his available supplies. "Would you like to try for Double Jeopardy?"

"Who are you, then?"

"Just another fly in the ointment, a pain in the ass..." Shinji took a calming breath, throwing the sling to the weapon over his right shoulder as he leaned against the stairwell door.

"And do you think a local is going to stop us?"

"Local?" Shinji barked. "Local? Hate to break it to you, but I'm American."

The man raised an eyebrow, and snarled. "So... a cowboy?"

"Yippie-kye-yay mot-" Shinji started, before the radio cut out from the steel of the stairwell.

Shinji...

A) Tries to radio the police and call Misato

B) Searches for Toji and Hikari

C) Tries to escape the building before calling authorities

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:02 am

Search for Toji and Hikari. Shinji McClane doesn't need help from anyone.
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby GoatMan » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:18 am

B) Searches for Toji and Hikari

Ikari held the weapon close to his chest, pausing every minute to check the safety again. He knew what he had to do, but this was a real gun, and he had just killed a man. The feeling was... unsettling.

Stopping just before he rounded the corner to the captured floor, he paused, taking a shallow breath, his back pressed up against the wall. Peering around the corner, he could hear the voice of the man from before, as though he were giving a lecture to the students.

There were two other men standing outside the door, and appaently no way he could pass the hallway without being detected. Looking around, however, Shinji noticed an air vent grille protruding from a wall just further up the stairwell.

Taking a deep breath, he took cautious, quiet steps to the vent, and setting the weapon down silently, found a coin in his pocket, and started to quietly unscrew the flathead fasteners.

The grille came away easily enough. Pocketing the screws, he slid into the Child-sized ventilation shaft, throwing the weapon over his back, and replacing the grille. Moving slowly, so as not to knock the grille away from the opening Ikari slid along his belly through the shaft.

"Sure, run off, leave me without a cellphone number to call, make sure you're alright.." he grumbled, coming up to another vent grille. He reminded himself, next time, he would tell Hikari for each to throw the other their cellphones. At least that way, they would know which numbers to dial to reach the other person.

Peering through the grille, Ikari noticed another European man standing along the corner of the hallway. He was armed only with a pistol. At least, that was all he could see at the moment.

Shinji...

A) Makes an attack of opportunity with the MP-5

B) Continues through the ventilation shaft

C) Waits there for any signs of activity

AtukoManga
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby AtukoManga » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:01 am

A FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

BLOOD MUST BE SPILLED FOR Shinji MCCLAIN!

So...when's he gonna use a semi-truck to take out a jet?

I can just see the sequel to this.

Mari: DID YOU SEE THAT?
Shinji: Saw it? I did it!
Mari: You just took out an angel with a toothbrush.
Shinji: Yeah...well the Energizer Bunny skipped over my Eva at Easter.
"Ritsuko...the truth is...I like pudding"
"You liar."
*BANG*

AtukoManga
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby AtukoManga » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:20 pm

C'mon GoatMan...definately need some more bloodshed for Shinji McClane...
...Or at least end the story.
"You liar."
*BANG*

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby GoatMan » Sat May 01, 2010 5:41 pm

View Original PostAtukoManga wrote:C'mon GoatMan...definately need some more bloodshed for Shinji McClane...
...Or at least end the story.

A

Gently pressing against the grille, it came away after some additional effort. Gripping it quickly to avoid letting it sound if it hit the floor, Ikari set the grill slightly aside along the wall. He listened carefully for any noise before doing so, hoping no one would notice the giant grille moving, and an armed boy crawling out of the shaft.

The blonde man, however, seemed completely unphased, and continued looking in the opposite direction.

Shinji rose quietly to his feet, and feeling the safety on the weapon was in the off position, moved up slowly to the man. It was only within the last few steps the European turned, swinging his FAL rifle down on the boy's head.

Shinji spun on his feet, catching himself against the wall, and darted just in time to avoid another blow with the butt of the rifle as the man moved in closer. Ducking, Shinji drove the barrel of his weapon up into the man's gut, and fired.

The fully automatic burst at point blank range ripped through the gap in the body armor, and the terrorist slumped slowly against the wall, sliding down to a crumpled position on the floor.

Instantly, there were footsteps and shouting down the hallway. There was not much time, but what was behind the door? It was just a maintenance room-

"Help!" Hikari's voice came from behind the door.

Tugging at the door, Shinji threw it open, reached in, and yanked both Horaki and Suzuhara out, thrusting the MP-5 into the boy's hands. "Take it!" he shouted, gripping the FAL from the dead man.

The running footfalls of the others were almost on top of them now. "Into the vent!" Shinji barked at the two, shoving first the girl, then the boy towards the gaping hole in the wall.

The man known as Hans was instantly rounding the corner as the Children ducked into the vent, Shinji jerking back on the trigger of the rifle, letting it fire wildly in fully automatic mode. The men scrambled for cover, Hans ducking behind a water fountain as the other man behind him twitched and fell backwards.

"Go go GO!" Shinji yelped, trying to kick the two forward, shoving them to move faster through the shaft.

"Wh-where?" the class rep screamed.

"Anywhere but here!" Ikari answered, turning back, pointing the rifle towards the way they came.

As Hans sprinted for the vent, he hesitated just outside the opening. There were three Children, two equally well armed to his now dead henchmen, and while they did not know their way through the ventilation system, they did know the layout of the city as well as the school campus far better than he did. Switching on his radio, he started speaking in German, signaling his men to change frequencies.

Shinji

A. Doesn't understand German, but flips through the radio channels systematically, trying to find the channel Hans has switched to.

B. Directs Hikari to any shaft leading to a downstairs level

C. Holds the group at the first 90 degree bend in the ducting, defends the position, and discusses their options

AtukoManga
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby AtukoManga » Wed May 26, 2010 9:52 pm

C...there's gotta be something better than blind listening or running away.
"You liar."
*BANG*

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby GoatMan » Fri May 28, 2010 4:16 pm

View Original PostAtukoManga wrote:C...there's gotta be something better than blind listening or running away.

Ikari gripped at Toji's shirt, forcing him still as they approached a right turn in the ducting. Gesturing to keep silent, he peeked around the corner, and noticing another bend in the ducting only a few meters ahead, sighed in relief. "Okay, we hold position here. Toji, keep that side defended. I'll take this side."

"Hey, I'm here, too, you know!" Hikari grumbled.

"Class rep, we have two guns, and two corners to defend," Shinji answered with a sigh. "So, do you want to shoot someone today, or would you rather take it easy?"

Horaki didn't speak for several minutes after that.

Leaning against the ducting, Ikari sat in a crouched position, checking over the MP-5 as he sighed, trying to roll his head side to side to relieve the muscle tension. "Okay... we need to find a way out of here, and get the police... maybe the military." Glancing at the two, he raised an eyebrow. "Don't tell me no one's tried skipping class before."

Suzuhara started to raise his hand, but stopped as he received a harsh look from Horaki.

"We NEED to know how to get out of here, Hikari," Shinji started. "We don't have the numbers, information, or the bullets to walk out the front door."

"...We could try the emergency stairwell," the girl sighed.

"How far?"

"Isn't it behind the classroom?" Suzuhara asked.

Horaki nodded, before palming her forehead. She couldn't believe this was happening.

It took several minutes, but reaching the end of the ducting, Toji was the first to look through the grating. Motioning for the others to follow, the group stood just half a meter from an emergency stairwell. Holding their weapons to their shoulders, peering through the sight apertures, the two boys guarded the class representative, shuffling slowly to the door.

"It will trigger the alarm," the girl stated.

"We'll just have to run fast," Shinji answered. "All the doors below are unlocked?"

"Should be..."

Shinji...

A) Shoves the emergency stairwell door open, and bolts with the others down the stairwell

B) Acts as a diversion while Toji and Hikari go down the stairwell

C) Uses the stairwell as a feint while actually attempting another route

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri May 28, 2010 5:53 pm

C... and tell Suzuhara to explain how to REALLY get out of here without triggering any alarms.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Return to “Role-Playing Related”