An Unbrecciated Lunar Meteorite Named Asuka…

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

sheareraehs
Embryo

An Unbrecciated Lunar Meteorite Named Asuka…

•      
  •      

Postby sheareraehs » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:57 pm

It’s not hard to draw parallels from Evangelion to things in real life. But when I found this, I found it hard to wrap my mind around at first. I was digging around trying to chase down something and saw a link with the text “Asuka” in it, and couldn’t help my self. This is what I found:

Apparently, there is a meteorite in Japan named Asuka 881757. Not a big deal, as it turns out the name Asuka refers to more than an animated Eva pilot.

However, it would appear that this meteorite was from one of the Mare (seas) on Earth’s moon. And it was found where else, but Antarctica.

Hmm… The Moon, Antarctica, Asuka – Makes me think of First Impact, Second Impact, Third Impact… (Penguins even come to mind.) For a brief moment I found myself trying to rationalize the events in Evangelion realistically before I could dismiss it. Apparently the sample was discovered in 1988, which would eliminate it being named in homage to anything related to Neon Genesis Evangelion. Still, it’s a weird coincidence. Either way, I thought I share it. Perhaps it’s worth the forum’s attention.

Discuss, or not.

The Link:
http://epsc.wustl.edu/admin/resources/meteorites/asuka881757.html
[This space for rent]

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:39 am

Some fan boy would pay a lot of money for that rock im sure.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:17 am

I don't see much to discuss. The moon, well, we only have one so it's going to recur in a lot of shit. And Antarctica, well... has a lot of meteorites. As for Asuka... there seem to be a lot of those, too. And if there is any doubt, you finding on the date renders even stark similarities (if they existed) completely moot.

I know a woman named Eva who has a teenaged introvert for a son, and I once ran into her at the Best Buy store where I originally bought Evangelion. Maybe that was an homage to Eva, too...

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:09 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:I know a woman named Eva who has a teenaged introvert for a son, and I once ran into her at the Best Buy store where I originally bought Evangelion. Maybe that was an homage to Eva, too...

OMG!!!!!!!!! What a crazy coincidence!! /endstupid :lol:
The Real Ending to Evangelion~~
Rei goes insane!!~~
~Rei is hope.. the hope that people will one day be able to understand each other, and Kaworu is the words... "I Love You". I think they are two beings that will always be watching over everything~

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”