[Fic] Another story. Not your normal Evangelion fanfic.

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Eternal Yamcha
Ramiel
Ramiel

[Fic] Another story. Not your normal Evangelion fanfic.

•      
  •      

Postby Eternal Yamcha » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:36 am

Greetings again people. I have begun on another writing adventure... This was an interesting little concept I came up with about a week ago. I wanted to write another story, but instead of writing what I'd normally write... Fantasy... I decided to write something similar to a fanfic... But not quite.

This is a story about a man and his experiance watching Evangelion. I will say now, some of the elements of this story will be taken from my own life and my own experiences watching the series.

I'm going to say this now, the first chapter is a bit of a mess, I don't really know how this story is going to go and haven't found my "voice" in it yet. Which really, REALLY sucks... It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

Again, like the last story, there is some swearing in it, so if that type of stuff offends you, then don't read it. As well, this story WILL contain spoilers, so if you don't like to read spoilers, I'd caution against reading this.

I might clean up the first chapter some day, but I probably wont. I just finished writing it and am really flippin' tired... So please excuse the suckiness of it. Of course, as of right now, suggestions, comments and criticism, if positive, are not only wanted but are needed.

Enough rattling on, here's the first chapter...

Walls of white, doors of steel, life as seen in a cage, a jacket that I use as warmth in the cold desolate cell is nothing more than a way for others to control me. I sit in the corner, just having been brought here. They say I'm "crazy" that I am "A danger to myself moreso than others." They say that I am no longer normal... That's funny. Now I am here, in the corner of an unknown room, trying to pass time as I hug my knees to my chest counting for no real reason... Maybe I was just trying to keep my sanity? No, I lost it, that's why I am here. The wait? It's for some psychological examination... To see what type of shit I went through and caused me to go crazy. I don't know how long exactly it was when one of the nurses came into my room and helped me to my feet and took me to the doctors room. I was up to 2,675 though...

On the way to the doctors room I look around, seeing the others in their cells. These were the real crazy people, the ones that go around and cut their own thumbs off just to do it, the ones that scream out prophecies to unsuspecting citizens from a street corner or in the alley. Compared to them, I am pretty normal, by my standards.

After a short walk I was admitted into the room of the doctor, a short man, with white hair and glasses. His hair was nicely done, well kept obviously. He wore a nice milk chocolate brown vest that matched his brown suit... And of course, he had penny loafers on. He looks up from a yellow folder that had my name on the index and waves the nurse off, then offering me a seat on the stereotypical dark red couch that I could lay on. So I did and he just looked at me for a moment, thinking.

"Good evening, I'm Dr. Trailous." He flips through some papers quickly then pulls one out, it must've been my profile. "And how are you doing Loryn?" He asks, giving me a soft smile.
"How am I doing?" I repeat looking away from him "How am I doing? The same as you would if you were just denied the chance to escape this tattered existence and put into a fucking white jacket."
"Well... I see that we're ready to get down to business. Now, I would like to know a little bit about your past. Your parents."
"Why are you digging back into my past? My parents? You think it's their fault I tried to kill myself?" I ask.
"Usually we can trace back... Peculiar... Adult behaviors back to a childhood." He replies.
"Yeah, usually. My parents were great and my childhood was great as well."
"Hm, any traumatic event that happened while you were a child that could have lead to you doing this?" He asked, god he was living proof of a cliche.
"Look, my life was just fine until recently. That's when things started going down hill. So can you back the hell off of my past?" I let out, frustrated.
"Oh? So you think you have the even pinpointed? May I listen?"
"Do I have a choice not to tell you? If I don't tell you, then we'll just be beating around the bush. Here's the story..."

Chapter 1; Angel Attack.

See, I am into something that is known as Japanimation... Anime for short. I mean, I wasn't a huge collector and seeker of it, but if I was introduced to something that I liked. I would want to watch the entire series. This was something new for me... Only having gotten into it about a year ago when I was introduced to this one show called "Dragonball Z." From there I was introduced to a plethora of different shows... "Love Hina," "Tenchi Muyo," "Naruto," "Inuyasha," "Cowboy Bebop," and others... I know too many to list off. Anime is broken up into different genres... Historical, modern, futuristic, love stories, action/adventure, monster and the ever famous, mecha. I'd seen all of those and liked all of them, except for mecha. I hated it. I don't know why, futuristic was similar to it... But something about mechs I just don't like. I watched this one series named "Gundam Wing," which didn't impress me at all.

About two months ago I was again looking for another series to watch... That's how I worked. I'd sit down and watch an entire series in a couple months, unless they were long ones, which I have yet to finish any of the longer series. I was at home one day and one of my buddies decided to stop by... Claiming he'd found one of the best of these animes ever made. He didn't give me much more details than that, but I was a risk taker that way.

When he got to my house, I had him instantly put in the DVD that he'd rented and we both sat back on the couch, relaxing, with some alcohol on hand, just to see if it was one of those series you needed to be drunk while watching. The menu screen for the DVD came up and I finally got my first look at the title... "Neon Genesis Evangelion."

"Whoa, bitchin' name." I thought to myself as I looked over the menu screen. I was trying to figure out what the series was about just from the menu. It didn't take me long.
"What the hell? Don't tell me you're showing me a fucking mecha anime." I said agitatedly.
"Dude trust me on this one... It may seem like a mecha anime, but it isn't much of one. Seriously, it's more than that." My friend said trying to get me to actually sit and watch it.
"Fine, but if I don't like this we're watching Pokemon while I repeatedly beat you with a glass bottle, alright?"
"Fine." He said and started the series.

My first taste of Evangelion was interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed the introduction... That song... "Cruel Angel Thesis" would soon be playing in my room as I slept. It's an upbeat song, beautiful vocals and at a nice fast pace. Even the footage that they showed came at a fast pace, which I actually liked. Slower openings just seem to drag on forever, this one seemed to end too quickly.

And the episode starts... "In the year 2015." Next thing I know is I am being subjected watching this giant alien like thing swimming through a city that appeared to be underwater. This sunken city reminded me of "Atlantis" in its own way. Then I see an inside image of a woman driving a car, with a folder next to her with the image of a young boy, around the age of 14, on it. Shinji Ikari was what it said his name was... He was the main character.

So I sat and watched it as I said I would. It was a bit different than I was expecting... Okay, much more different than I was expecting. You learn the usual stuff, character names, a little bit about their past, a little bit about themselves and a little bit of the back story. I learned that the giant mechas were called "Evangelions," which sort of explained the title. There was the usual battle scene, so as a starter, it got me a little interested. But it wasn't as good as my buddy was making it out to seem. Luckily for it, though, how abruptly the battle came to an end was enough to get me wanting to see what happened during the whole thing... It ended way too quickly.

Just as the second episode was starting, my buddy got a call on his cell, it was his work, so he had to get home as fast as he could to get ready to go to work. He took the DVD with him and told me that he'd be back after work. We parted ways and after he left I just shook my head a little.

"It wasn't good, but it wasn't bad." I said to myself and laughed. "Guess I'll have to wait until later to see how the battle went and ended."

The End; Chapter 1.

poetic_assassin
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby poetic_assassin » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:55 pm

*sigh*
http://www.fanfiction.net/

Eternal Yamcha
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternal Yamcha » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:20 am

There we go, this might be fanfiction.net material. But I probably wouldn't put it there either... Like hell I'll conform to society and uhm... FanFics >.<

Actually, this might be something to put in "Omake" here, but I put it in here because I wasn't certain.

Return to “Fanfiction”