WTF is with Kaworu and Asuka (shipping)?

This is a forum for casual discussion of Evangelion. Topics like "Asuka is hot!" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:54 pm

WTF is with Kaworu and Asuka (shipping)?

Why is anything anything? If a series gets popular enough every character in the series will get shipped with every other character by someone. I mean look at invader zim. Dib/zim is something that makes no sense on any level yet every other invader zim fanfic I've seen seems to be about that regardless.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:51 pm

Defectron wrote:
Why is anything anything? If a series gets popular enough every character in the series will get shipped with every other character by someone. I mean look at invader zim. Dib/zim is something that makes no sense on any level yet every other invader zim fanfic I've seen seems to be about that regardless.

adding ever more proof the human mind has limitless possibilities for thhe horrendus and disgusting as well as the profound and beautiful.
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Halicat » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:32 am

LOL I find this thread the day after I went snooping to K/A :rofl:

I think it's a strange pairing myself but I can't help but like it in a lot of ways [Or K/S/A polygamy.] I think, if they HAD to interact with each other on a day to day basis, Kaworu would turn out to be more of the man that Asuka wants than Shinji ever could be, and since Asuka is basically just like Shinji, I'm sure Tabby-kun would catch on to that.

:pwnd:

Hekatos
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Hekatos » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:22 pm

They're both in my heart. Asuka by the love side and Kaworu by the hate side. So, them being together IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. DON'T YOU EVEN TOUCH HER YOU... Now, where did i put my flamethrower? ^^
"I told you, that's not possible... you... are an angel..." [cit.]

"I love you Asuka Soryu Langley, and nothing will ever change that" [cit.]

TheSpleenDilemma
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby TheSpleenDilemma » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:35 am

It only exists because of aesthetic reasons. They look good together. Simple as that. For the Hawtness.
Come on, Eva is a Rom Com begging to see the light of day.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:20 am

TheSpleenDilemma wrote:They look good together.
That too.

Just consider the remaining Asuka/other pilot pairings -- /Rei is implausible, however hot; the closest-to-canon hetero pairing (/Touji) is ho-hum, and the also-ran is just ludicrous.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|G+|MAL

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:05 am

Defectron wrote:If a series gets popular enough every character in the series will get shipped with every other character by someone.

^ TRUTH AND WISDOM.

LiLi
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:23 am

Again, it's like pizza - different people will enjoy different toppings, so to speak.

Some folks will prefer thin pizza while others will like theirs thick; some will like flavors that aren't even "canon" to traditional pizza recipes and would have Neapolitan cooks running for the hills, but you can't stop them from experimenting. When seated at the Fandom table, just pick a flavor you're comfortable with and let others pick their own menu...

Asuka & Kaworu might be likened to Pineapple & Wasabi Pizza - not for everyone, but some might like its exotic qualities?
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:24 am

LiLi wrote:Some folks will prefer thin pizza while others will like theirs thick; some will like flavors that aren't even "canon" to traditional pizza recipes and would have Neapolitan cooks running for the hills, but you can't stop them from experimenting. When seated at the Fandom table, just pick a flavor you're comfortable with and let others pick their own menu...

When I make pizza I like to put shrimp, potato chips, canadian bacon, smelt, spinach mushrooms, jalapeno peppers, octopus, sprouts and smelt on my pizza. I support Zeruel/penpen, a pairing of the two characters on the show who I think look the most delicious. Imagine if they had kids? A zeruel penguin would be the cutest/most tasty looking thing to come out of the franchise.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:03 am

Mr. Tines wrote:If there's more Shinjiko than A/K, at least in known about in the Western fandom it's perhaps because Shinji's character design -- and the original notion of having a female lead -- combine with the obvious bishonen boyfriend, and transgress away.

Perhaps if the original draft of episode 24 were not a recent finding, things might be different; but it seems a lot of the ships come from people who scribble over Shinji to make a self-insert, and then choose from the harem -- with Kensuke usually being the beneficiary of the leftovers as an afterthought.
Do you think that if the scripts had come out in our side of the fandom years ago both of those ships/takes on the characters might not be more mainstream?
And It makes sense that shippings outside of those that involve the lead, or ones with him that people don't like to identify with will often be neglected, people aren’t going to bother to tie characters together if it’s someone that they might have trouble identifying with like Kaworu.
I never did drop the link to the sites the Japanese fandom has indexed under K/A did I? ...Sorry
Halicat wrote:I think, if they HAD to interact with each other on a day to day basis, Kaworu would turn out to be more of the man that Asuka wants than Shinji ever could be, and since Asuka is basically just like Shinji, I'm sure Tabby-kun would catch on to that.

That could happen on Asuka’s part, Kaworu very much does seem like the type of guy she wants to hold her, I’m sure she would be quite happy in getting some version of the attention Shin-chan received in Saigo no Shisha. The problem for her is that I doubt she's Kaworu's type(and I don't know if getting a haircut/dyejob and wearing boy clothes would be enough) and her personality doesn't seem to fit what Tabby likes. Plus the scripts with the two of them interacting had Asuka go through quite a bit of effort to attract his attention but princelyKaworu completely ignored the school’s princess when picking a waifu, and then there’s the part about Tabby seemingly having no attraction to women (you would think that would prevent a relation with Shin(ji)ko but fans come up with all sorts of ideas like Kaworu being Shinjisexual as a loophole).
It would have been kind of lulzy interesting if DraftKaworu after rejecting the Puppy trailing him would have entered into a highly visible relation with Asuka, I really wonder what type of reaction that might get from Shin-chan :shinji_boohoo: And Since Asuka was actively trying to interfere with their relation and seemed to feel some sort of regret over her actions, I wonder if guilt might not play against her triumph...never mind what happens when Tabby-kun turns out to be an angel and if Shinji is still the one to kill him.
Or K/S/A polygamy
Makes for interesting Doujinshi:tongue: but someone, usually Asuka is going to get left out or feel that she's being left out, which just makes it more ...interesting. Seeing as how instrumentality is kind of a huge (involuntary) polyamorous relation I wonder it's not implausible though.
LiLi wrote:Again, it's like pizza - different people will enjoy different toppings, so to speak...Asuka & Kaworu might be likened to Pineapple & Wasabi Pizza - not for everyone, but some might like its exotic qualities?
That’s the second time you’ve used Pizza as a means to explain shipping preferences, not that the analogy doesn’t fit in perfectly people do tend to get rather passionate about what toppings they're served. Kaworu has to be the fruit pineapple, right? I hope I’m not causing trouble but what exactly do you think Rei and Shinji would be?
Defectron wrote: Imagine if they had kids? A zeruel penguin would be the cutest/most tasty looking thing to come out of the franchise.
It certanly would be interesting and given Tabby's wedlock origin it seems that interspecies children are a possibility. Aren't they both boys though?
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Halicat » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:55 pm

Thread needs moar K/A

This ones a little big, not sure how to thumbnail it:

SPOILER: Show

Also I just realised something. If you go by the Kaworu = Clone of Katsuragi theory and Kaji is exactly like Katsuragi and Asuka likes Kaji...Yeah :P
Last edited by Halicat on Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Eva Monkey
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:22 pm

More AxK fanart makes me happy.
Webmaster, EvaMonkey.com; Co-founder, EvaGeeks.org; Moderator, r/evangelion.

Follow me on Social Media! [YouTube] [Twitter] [Facebook] [Tumblr] [Twitch]

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:42 pm

Halicat wrote:Thread needs moar K/A
Tabby/Asu is fine too It also means yandere stalker Shinji is going to be folowing them.
The Eva Monkey wrote:More AxK fanart makes me happy.
Is it A/K though? Asuka normaly seems to be the dominant in relations but so is Kaworu and from what I saw it looks like she wanted to be teh Tabby's waifu.
Image Did you ever look at the link to the Japanese K/A sites I placed out? They seem to have a rather large amount of stuff in that side of the fandom.
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Halicat » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:12 am

Synapsid wrote:Did you ever look at the link to the Japanese K/A sites I placed out? They seem to have a rather large amount of stuff in that side of the fandom.

Oooooh where are those links? Do want!

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:26 am

@synapsid:
i think in an K/A/S relationship, nobody would feel left out. (hey, i did admit shin might be bi.)
but in just an K/A relationship which shin found out about, he would be pissed at kaworu for taking Asuka, but he probably wouldn't say anything about it and go into a catatonic state. but the problem with K/A relationships is the two dominate personalitys. one would have to back down, or that realtionship wouldn't work. and we all know Asuka wouldn't back down.
Interesting Quote:
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:05 pm

Bah! Shinji might be a little jealous but overall he'd be happy if they're happy. Seeing such a relationship start to develop might prompt Rei to want to investigate this phenomenon firsthand, thus wacky hijinks would ensue.

Well, until reality gives everyone the next big serving of suck, anyway.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Xard
Sex God Bastard
Sex God Bastard

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:22 pm

Kaworu/Asuka shipping is yet another proof for annoying, never-ending attempts at perverting original characters and characterisations
ran1: Oh gosh this sentence gave me an internet boner. You're so tsundere.
Mugwump: Goddamn it, Xard! Take me in your arms, you magnificent sex god bastard!
And don't forget to wear the Ran mask.
Eva Yojimbo: You really are the Otaku equivalent of a Catholic and Jew rolled up into one giant dakimakura of guilt.
Gob Hobblin: Sanctimonious, subtly racist, vaguely misogynist, somehow says something while at the same time saying...nothing, really, at all....

Nice, Xard. That's nice.

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:55 pm

NemZ wrote:Bah! Shinji might be a little jealous but overall he'd be happy if they're happy. Seeing such a relationship start to develop might prompt Rei to want to investigate this phenomenon firsthand, thus wacky hijinks would ensue.

Well, until reality gives everyone the next big serving of suck, anyway.

not really, yes, he would grin and bear it, but deep down he would harbor a secret hate. he is the jealous type, he just has the mindset that he should hide it.
Interesting Quote:

Grimmjow
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Grimmjow » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:25 pm

It's a lil something in the anime world called crack pairing.

The equation is like this(X character would look good with Y character and I think that X character would be a good match for Y character, hence pairing!)

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:46 pm

theres also fan rape, but that would applyu to the A/R, Kw/S, and Kj/S pairings.
Interesting Quote:

Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat”