WTF is with Kaworu and Asuka (shipping)?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:15 pm

DatDude wrote:
Vegeta 20XX wrote:@DatDude: So you're offended that the Gay Angel is all over your Asuka, huh? Maybe I'll write a fic where Kaworu holds a plasma gun to her face then?

Go nuts I'm just being cheeky

It's no fun if we don't end up going into a fanboy fight - I was being cheeky too.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:03 pm

My girlfriend once spontaneously drew some Asuka x Kaworu fan art to cheer me up.

BEST GIRLFRIEND EVAR.

GAP
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GAP » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:00 pm

I don't personally know why they would pair Asuka up with Kaworu but I can understand on some level that it has something to do with Shinji not making the "move" on Asuka. Although Asuka the blooded Tsundere girl with cool bishonen Angel, Kaworu is not a bad pairing if I say so myself. Otherwise Shinij x Asuka fans will have to Die For Their Ship.
Fall into GAP! Guernsey Adams Pierre

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:07 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:My girlfriend once spontaneously drew some Asuka x Kaworu fan art to cheer me up.

BEST GIRLFRIEND EVAR.

My god your red fro . . shes got lite colored hair doesn't she?! Its fem monkey and and mangirl friend! :gendo_kimura:
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:32 am

Asuka and Kaworu aren't opposites. That would be Asuka/Rei, Kaworu/Misato.

My god your red fro . . shes got lite colored hair doesn't she?! Its fem monkey and and mangirl friend!

Asuka & Kaworu. Best shipping ever, DatDude

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:01 pm

You know what I don't understand? How discussion of Shinjiko can go on and on for 59 pages... but Asuka x Kaworu gets a measly 3 pages. What's up with that Eva Geeks? I'm calling your geekiness into question.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:04 pm

Ain't enough AsukaXKaworu dawg.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:07 pm

So basically what you're saying, is that I should write some fanfiction when I get home?

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:12 pm

this is all an attempt to annoy the A/S inqusition. we will soon crush it.

JK, no, i guess its just people wanting to see something out of the ordinary circles of shipping. it dose slightly annoy me, but not as much as some other pairings have.
and BTW eva monkey, i luffled at the new avi, you might want to keep that one. (im a syanide and happiness fan.)
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:26 pm

I'm not a big supporter, but it's better than yet more A/S waff.

I'm still holding out hope for Asuka/Aoba. :heart:
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:40 pm

supershinjiasukashipper wrote:this is all an attempt to annoy the A/S inqusition. we will soon crush it.

Asuka and Shinji are my favorite characters. I actually don't really like Rei, or the Rei and Shinji pairing. I'm not a shipper, but I do like the Asuka and Shinji couple.

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:26 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:You know what I don't understand? How discussion of Shinjiko can go on and on for 59 pages... but Asuka x Kaworu gets a measly 3 pages. What's up with that Eva Geeks? I'm calling your geekiness into question.

i-I thought you said you liked Kaworu/Shinjiko, Mr. Monkey :shinji_boohoo: (if it makes it any better Kaworu/Oskar and Kawori/Oskar has come up in that thread)

Um, I’m not totally sure why it doesn’t get as much attention, it’s not because it isn’t controversial, as both are kind of alt as far as mainstream fanon goes, but it might be because it’s comparatively lower visibility, it might not really come into fans view as much because the show and stuff around didn’t really present it. That’s not to say the ship doesn’t have a base, the concepts Gainax did had Asuka nearly fangirling about Kaworu(Asuka’s attractions always seem to end up unrequited), so it really isn’t just fan speculation.

Uh, if it helps somehow fill in the relative lack of K/A there are many sites centered around that ship, it’s actually one of the more popular ships (at least on the level of Kawo/Rei and Touji/Shin) in the Japanese side of the fandom.

NemZ wrote:I'm not a big supporter, but it's better than yet more A/S waff.

I'm still holding out hope for Asuka/Aoba. :heart:
I'm not sure why but I kind of like it more than other vanila ships, especialy if it's onesided in it's nature...Why Aboa though?
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:30 pm

Because he's a lot like Kaji, but probably a little younger and presumably available. Also he really needs more development as a character, and I imagine having Asuka around would provide all manner of interesting opportunities... assuming Misato doesn't just shoot him.
Last edited by NemZ on Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

DevRei17
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby DevRei17 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:02 pm

What's even weirder is KensukexRitsuko shipping. It surpriseingly has a steady amount of supporters.
Also known as Cowboy Dev.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:15 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:I should write some fanfiction when I get home?

If you want to go right ahead.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:54 am

I may have missed this in the thread since I can't really be bothered to read the entire thing as of this moment, but didn't there used to be a theory that Kaworu was a clone of Kaji? I think it was based off the attitude of the character, his connection with Shinji, the timeline, and his overall manly bishieness. So basically, the fandom took advantage of that; while the only thing (in Asuka's mind, really) keeping Kaji and her apart was the age difference, Kaworu was Kaji but at 15 years of age.

(Kaji - 15 years) + Asuka = <3
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:49 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:Asuka and Shinji are my favorite characters. I actually don't really like Rei, or the Rei and Shinji pairing. I'm not a shipper, but I do like the Asuka and Shinji couple.

i agree, i like Rei as a character, but as a pairing with Shinji, well, the last thing that boy needs is an emotionless sex toy. he needs a feisty girl with emotion, and a hidden potential to be kind. (in short Asuka.)

and the shinko debate has turned into a debate on the characters sexuality and what cannon supports. im in part to blame for that. :blush: chaos almost always follows me wherever i go it seems.
Interesting Quote:
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:55 am

supershinjiasukashipper wrote:chaos almost always follows me wherever i go it seems.

Or that you cause it?

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:02 am

Joseph the PRPD wrote:Or that you cause it?

only at college party's. im the guy who gets mildly drunk, then causes the people who are really shitfaced to do really stupid things. otherwise, it follows me. me dosn't like to causes everyday chaoses, no me precious. (congrats, you got a gollom joke out of me.)
Interesting Quote:

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:55 pm

TOPIC, BITCHES

@Sachi
The local quasi-orthodoxy makes him a clone of Dr. Katsuragi

--

If there's more Shinjiko than A/K, at least in known about in the Western fandom it's perhaps because Shinji's character design -- and the original notion of having a female lead -- combine with the obvious bishonen boyfriend, and transgress away.

Perhaps if the original draft of episode 24 were not a recent finding, things might be different; but it seems a lot of the ships come from people who scribble over Shinji to make a self-insert, and then choose from the harem -- with Kensuke usually being the beneficiary of the leftovers as an afterthought.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”