[CYOA]Another World(COMPLETE)

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Another World Finale.

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:52 pm

"I-is this a date, Asuka?"

"Ju-just shut up and come with me, stupid!"

I feel myself shake, cheeks somewhat red, while Asuka blushes, grabbing onto my hand as she drags me along. We walk towards the nearest exit to the direction of the trains that will take us to Tokyo-3's shopping center. I hope we'll have fun, just being able to relax after a tough battle is good.

I wonder... what's going to happen from now on?

I can almost picture myself standing inside an auditorium, waiting behind the curtains to go out and perform. I'm getting ready for a concert, being the lead cellist. My hard work after high school and college has paid off, and now I can finally go somewhere with what I enjoy doing. My days of piloting Eva having long ended, I can now be happy.

Nervously fixing the dress shirt I'm wearing, Asuka rolls her eyes, adjusting my collar. "You'll be fine", she murmurs, smirking while kissing my cheek. "Break a leg, Shinji."

"Ye-yeah", I begin, kissing my love, smiling confidentially before I work my way towards the stage. Asuka continues to watch from the sidelines, silently cheering me on.

My classmates, Class Rep, Toji, Kensuke and Mari; fellow pilots Kaworu-kun and Ayanami... People from Nerv like Misato-san and even father are all there in the audience, excited at the thought of seeing me play.

Taking in a deep breath, I remind myself to just enjoy this for what it is, and the concert begins.

A peaceful life like that would be nice. Maybe...maybe I can make that happen. Ayanami and Misato-san have been right so far; life is what you make of it.

This war isn't going to last forever, it'll have to come to an end someday. And then, we'll be free to do whatever it is we want, go wherever it is we want. If there's one thing I've learned so far, it's that you have to live life to enjoy it. Running away will get you nowhere.

I just hope I can truly apply this lesson to my life, but...

I don't know what's going to happen from here on out with any battles.

And I don't know what will happen with Asuka or my friends.

And I don't even know if any dreams of mine will ever come true.

But...

Smiling to myself while holding Asuka's hand, I realize that now's a good a time as any to practice the value of inner peace, as well as gain true happiness.

The End.

____

It was best to end this here on a good note then keep dragging it out and have this descend into complete crap, I think. (Yes, some other projects including real life has been getting in the way, but I'd think I can be forgiven for that.) Yes this probably is my final CYOA, but hey, I still have other projects for the fandom area planned out so this isn't goodbye forever or anything.

I hope you enjoyed this and my previous CYOAs, and that you will continue to enjoy any other projects I come up with. Thanks for any support or suggestions along the way, it's been fun. :wink:

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:37 pm

I never thought Evangelion could have a happy ending.

Creepy.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”