Has anybody else finished Shinji Ikari Raising Project?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Charon
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Charon » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:00 pm

I'm not currently going after Rei or Asuka, so their schedules aren't complete, but I just double-checked & edited in all my current info on them. Alrighty then, I've edited in all the Children's complete schedules into my original post.

There isn't a way to save outside of the dialogue with Misato at the beginning of the week, is there? Or an autoplay option. Replaying the same week over and over again just to go berserk on Bardiel & Zeruel again and again is going to make me start going berserk. :crazytwirl:

overmind2000
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby overmind2000 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:45 am

Charon, you completely own. That wall of information is going to make things much easier from now on, and it seems that I was completely wrong about the Zeruel fight.

Also, no, you can only save at beginning of each week. There is no autoplay per se, but holding down the ctrl key will fast-forward through the text fairly quickly.

cojax8
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby cojax8 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:47 pm

Wait, so in order to not beat the hell out of Toji you need to have a sync Under 400? Same goes for Zeruel? IIRC Zeruel does 30 dmg every hit, and that was when I had way over 400 sync, do you basically have to get lucky and kill him with a lucky shot? Because after two hits u tend to go berserk on Zeruel.
A man should not strive to eliminate his complexes, but to get into accord with them; they are legitimately what directs his conduct in the world. -Sigmund Freud
We are never so defenseless against suffering as when we love, never so forlornly unhappy as when we have lost our love object or its love. -Sigmund Freud
If someone offered you a pill that would make you permanently happy, you would be well advised to run fast and run far. Emotion is a compass that tells us what to do, and a compass that is perpetually stuck on NORTH is worthless. - Daniel Gilbert

Charon
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Charon » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:41 pm

No problem! Since I already had these notes written down to help with my playthroughs, I might as well share them. Don't mind me continuously re-editing my original post as I find new data (now with shiny ending stats). And thanks for the Control key tip, that helped speed things along a lot.

I've found that the stat requirements for the Bardiel/Toji fight tend to be a lot pickier than for Zeruel. If I built up any stress at all in that chapter, even in the weeks preceding the fight, then Eva 1 would go berserk after only two rounds, and in the end I needed 6-9 rounds of 'Defense' for Eva 3 to run out of power. (The Japanese Capture Guides say Defending 3 times should do it, but it took me a lot more.)

I ended up going into the fight with a Sync Ratio of less than 200. 999+ Sync ratio went berserk after one shot, and 400-800 seem to take an average of two shots before going berserk, so a 400+ Sync Ratio is probably a deal breaker there. Entering the fight from the comedy path may also help. You'll know if you're on the comedy path if Toji reveals himself to be the Fourth Child before the activation test. Misato will then directly tell you to stall for time when Eva 3 runs amok, which is what the entire Defense/Defense/Defense strategy is built on.

For Zeruel, if your Sync Ratio is above 400+ you can still win the fight if a) your other stats are good enough and b) you're lucky to get a 1-2 round kill off. But it's much easier to do if your Sync ratio is lower, which gives you more rounds before Eva 1 goes out of control. The easiest way is to enter from the comedy path after saving Toji, as that will allow a three-prong attack using Rei, Asuka, and Shinji. (However, winning both Bardiel & Zeruel will automatically set you on the School AU path and you'll be stuck there until Chapter 24)

High Physical Strength will also help in both fights as that is what helps determine how much damage you take per round, and it's the Sync : Damage Percent ratio that sets off Eva 1 going berserk. However, no matter how low your sync ratio, Eva 1 will always go berserk if your health gets near 0. Oh, and probably Morality as well, since if Shinji doesn't pay attention to Misato's orders and does his own thing, that would screw up the strategy entirely. And of course the Stress & Independence stats play a big role in these two fights.

I know Sync Ratio is supposed to determine how well you do in these fights, but oddly I found that I lost less stores in the playthrough with less than 200 Sync than the 999+ Sync one. I think blitzing through Misato's NERV Project progress on Sunday may help even more than Sync ratio there. But unfortunately I haven't found any way to save the stores in the early Angel fights, outside of hacking into the saved data and manually changing the stats. It doesn't seem possible to raise your stats enough to end the fight before five rounds pass without cheating there. (Or perhaps purposely having sucky stats in the early fights to induce Eva 1 going berserk before the stores are destroyed may be the way to go?)

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:06 pm

You're my HERO! :love: :glomp: :clap:

EDIT: For positive dialog options, maybe it was because I was still on the original path when i first started, but the only i came across was when she was talking to you after sammy (Misato)
Last edited by Great Genius Shinji-Sama on Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Charon
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Charon » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:14 pm

Just glad if my TL;DRing can be helpful for anyone.

And if anyone's interested, it's a bit complicated, but I can explain how to hack into the Saved Data to get a look at (or bump up manually :shifty: ) your stats as well.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:16 pm

Im all ears! :ninja:

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:27 pm

If there was an english translated version & I had the patience to get the game in english, I would take the time to play it
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

Charon
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Charon » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:33 am

I wish there was an English translation... it would sure beat the Engrish translation that Anime Game Text Hook & Atlas provide. :nervouslaugh:

Edit : Offhand, I can think of the report card dialogue that pops up every quarter and the dialogue after Shinji ignores Misato's orders when fighting Shamshel. There's also the conversation if Shinji gets caught peeping on Misato or Asuka, but I'm not sure if you'd want to be "positive" there.

Anyway, the decode_v101.zip (49.6 KB) link on the below site is the original decoding/encoding saved game hack. It took me several days to figure out the Japanese instructions however, so I'll provide a nice little zip including English instructions. (This site is also the best Japanese Capture Guide I could find, even if some of the info was a bit off for me)

[url]http://www4.ocn.ne.jp/~adrienne/conquest/shinji_ikari_raising_project.html[/url]

Since the saved game hack instructions are a bit long, I'll just include them in the zip file. Edit : I changed the file to reflect version 0.2 with the new store data. Here you go...

[url][s]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EZ8PC9DJ[/s][/url]

Alas, Megaupload, we knew thee well. I don't have the original file anymore, but hopefully this one suffices : [url]http://www.mediafire.com/?odxcls2zhcw06xl[/url]

Feel free to ask any questions. And I'll include a tiny bit of what the decoded saved data looks like with my reference labels edited in. This is the most important part to look out for...

SPOILER: Show
.param[200] = 0, 766 (Knowledge), 848 (Physical), 579 (Morality), 1106 (Sensitivity), 453 (Sexuality), 123 (Sync Ratio), 8 (Stress), 1000 (Nerv Project Completion), 37300 (Yen/Money), 788(Independence), 0(Misato), 0 (Asuka), 0 (Rei), 370 (Mana), 0 (Satsuki), 0 (Aoi), 0(Kaede/Maple), 0, 25, 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
.flag[1000] = 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 1(Club Activity : 1=Music, 2=Basketball, 3=Movie), 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1,

As you can see, in this playthrough Mana is running away with the heart of a very sensitive, intelligent, and beefed-up Shinji who's part of the Music Club
And uh, if anyone else figures out what any of the other unlabeled data points are referencing (such as the long lost Kaworu Intimacy factor, if it exists) I'd appreciate them dropping a note here too.

:thumbsup:[url][/url]
Last edited by Charon on Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:01 am

Okay..... so do we just pick a save file and open it with the decoder/encoder and just "edit" it? I'm confused.

Charon
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Charon » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:08 am

That's right, the saved game point will open as a text file and then you can change the game stats as you wish. Say, that you'd want to trigger Asuka as the love interest in my example above. You'd change that 0 point that represents Asuka into some number over 300. Then you'd convert the text file back into a saved game file using the provided directions. Once you load that save point into the game, it'll trigger all the proper events associated with Asuka as you play along and give you the Asuka romantic ending.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:14 am

Okay. Ill have to try this when I have more time. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Charon
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Charon » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:17 am

No problem! It seems pretty complicated at first, but it's a big time saver if you're after all the endings and CGs. :nyao:

cojax8
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby cojax8 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:07 pm

Lol, hacking the game to manipulate it to get what you want= WIN

I'll have to do that next time I play through it. How would you fix the shops though? Would it be like (shop A broken=0, shop A fixed=1?)
A man should not strive to eliminate his complexes, but to get into accord with them; they are legitimately what directs his conduct in the world. -Sigmund Freud
We are never so defenseless against suffering as when we love, never so forlornly unhappy as when we have lost our love object or its love. -Sigmund Freud
If someone offered you a pill that would make you permanently happy, you would be well advised to run fast and run far. Emotion is a compass that tells us what to do, and a compass that is perpetually stuck on NORTH is worthless. - Daniel Gilbert

Charon
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Charon » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:05 pm

Well, you know what they say. If you can't beat them...

... Cheat.

Ahem. Anyway, that's right. I did some fiddling around to find the store data points. Here's the example of the code below...

SPOILER: Show
flag[1000] = 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 1(Club Activity : 1=Music, 2=Basketball, 3=Movie), 0, 0, 0, 1(Bookstore : 0=Closed, 1=Open, 2=Destroyed), 0(GAO), 1(Aso Aso Café), 1(Drug Store), 0(Joy Sports), 1(Solfege), 1(Convenience Store), 1(Cine Scope)

So the store data starts at 13th point of the flag[1000] line. It's 0 = closed, 1 = open, 2 = destroyed by those consarnit Angels.
I still haven't managed to find which data point it is that triggers the original/comedy/school AU paths or the Kaworu Intimacy factor.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:10 pm

I am going to have to do some experimentation to get the knack of this thing first. I will post my findings.

EDIT: wait, are supposed to do something with the zzzsj files? I forget.

Charon
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Charon » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:19 pm

Once you get the knack of decoding and encoding the files from the command prompt (which took quite awhile for me *cough*) then the hardest part is not getting cross-eyed at the stream of numbers. Especially as each number actually represents some game changing stat or other.

I'll look forward to your findings then!

Edit : The zzzsj# files are the way the game stores its saved points. You're using the decoder through the command prompt to convert it into a normal readable text file. (The xxxsj# file in my example, but you can call it whatever you want) You probably want to make a copy of your original save point before you start editing/replacing it.

You then edit the xxxsj# file to reflect the game stats you want. Encode the text file back into the zzzsj# saved game file format and pop that into your exec folder. Then you just load that saved point from the game like normal, and VIOLA! You've got whatever stats in the game that you want.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:46 pm

So its after I make my first save file? >_< my head!

Charon
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Charon » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:53 pm

Yeah, if you want to mess around with the game from the very beginning (at this point I usually mess around with the save point to the final chapter or the ones around big events like Christmas & Valentines Day) then you'll have to do it with the very first saved point you make, which would be saved as zzzsj201.txt in your exec folder if you're using your first save spot. (Otherwise just pay attention to the number of the save spot you use. Like if you saved it in spot 66, the save file will be zzzsj266.txt)

I don't think you can save the game until after the first Angel battle, though. I remember going "Wait, wait, where do I save? Argh, battle!" during the first 15 minutes of my first playthrough.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:58 pm

I'm going through on an entirely new game on slot six, so I need to use zzzsj206.txt for this and make a copy, then use it everytime I want to change it? yes?

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”