Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Mongoosedog
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mongoosedog » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:19 am

backseatjesus wrote:Try snorting cocaine and watching FLCL. You'll love the show then.

And after that, just for cheap thrills, try ODing followed by death. It's the best experience a human can have so i'm told
I have no signature!

toe mash
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby toe mash » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:41 pm

THE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:^you took FLCL waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too srsly

FLCL was an experimental anime for GAINAX, its main purpose was to use of bunch of untested animation sequences with very little concern for the plot or characterization

I might get killed for saying this, but it's like the Fantasia of GAINAX, all its madness was deliberate

But...But.. It features more character development in its lil' 6 episodes than most series :( (or faking character development, just to mess with us)

In addition, I thought the characters were pretty interesting and fit their role of what they were representing in regard to the coming of age theme.

Why "get killed". by the way? The beauty of FLCL is that all the random madness is pretty much explainable.

(Obviously a show with 53 phallic references has a deep plot. :P)

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:30 pm

toe mash wrote:Why "get killed". by the way?
for comparing FLCL to Fantasia
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

DevRei17
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby DevRei17 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:50 pm

FLCL's awesome.
Last edited by DevRei17 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Also known as Cowboy Dev.

Rodeo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Rodeo » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:49 pm

To be honest, I consider FLCL to be probably Gainax's best work besides Eva (and no, don't give me dat Gurren Lagann shit.) It was a true awakening for me, after seeing FLCL I knew that most anime just wouldn't cut it anymore.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:20 pm

I agree completely. FLCL was a fantastic show. I was blown away when I watched it. I just couldn’t believe such a short show could deliver so much in so few episodes. It’s one anime I always recommend to others.

Squirrel Ninja
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Squirrel Ninja » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:00 pm

I also really liked FLCL when I was younger. I was blown away by it really, and if you spend enough time with it and talking about it, you can read some meaning into it. At this point, however, I think I've kinda out grown the show. I didn't get much out of it the last time I tried to watch it, though maybe I'm just over exposed to it. In short, I recommend it highly if you're still in that youthful rebellion phase, otherwise you can skip it. I would, however, probably still like it a lot if high, but at that point you can watch damn near anything.

Return to “Anime and Manga”