Why was Gendou having sex with the Akagis?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:59 pm

Allemann wrote:When you get older, you'll understand.

:rei_meh: You're kiddin' me right?

I'm sixteen not ten or twelve.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

CyberXIII
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby CyberXIII » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:33 pm

Sachi wrote:Okay, so we've had about a page and a half of this thread already and I've heard about two significant answers come out of the lot of you; most of each answer anybody has said has already been said multiple times and it's a waste of oxygen saying them over again.

Here we are:

1.) They're hot; Gendo is a man; do the math.

2.) Hawt Gendo Secks = A degree of control over the doctors, which furthered his goal.

Does anybody else have any different ideas?

I just got through saying "Naoko (and Ritsuko) covets what Yui had."
"Crapsack worlds and anti heroes have their place. Sometimes, they are very necessary. But an endless diet of dreary cyberpunk and dark fantasy won't do us any more favors than an endless feast of glurge. I'd argue that the cynical nature of these really hurt our ability to hope and work for better. It gets us to accept the hopelessness and jaded outlook of things as 'That's the way it is. I can't change it,' and stops us from fighting when we NEED to fight."

I am ask-shinji-ikari on tumblr.com. Feel free to ask me questions!

AVman9
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby AVman9 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:36 pm

CyberXIII wrote:I just got through saying "Naoko (and Ritsuko) covets what Yui had."

This brings us back to the Gendo control subject, actually. He controlled them by satisfying their desires to have what Yui had.
Take a wild guess at what the AV means....
Adult Video? -The Eva Monkey

You raise the blade...
You make the change...
You rearrange me 'till I'm sane...

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:48 pm

I don’t agree with the “Gendo controlled them” idea. It makes it sound like he had them both on a leash or something.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:55 pm

CyberXIII wrote:I just got through saying "Naoko (and Ritsuko) covets what Yui had."

That goes into why the Akagis had sex with Gendo, and not why he had sex with the Akagis.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

AVman9
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby AVman9 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:04 pm

child of Lilith wrote:I don’t agree with the “Gendo controlled them” idea. It makes it sound like he had them both on a leash or something.

Well he did with Naoko to an extent, and when she realized it, she had a hard time dealing with the situation. With Ritsuko not as much. She took action to separate herself from Gendo's agenda.

I wrote:This brings us back to the Gendo control subject, actually. He controlled them by satisfying their desires to have what Yui had.

Sachi wrote:That goes into why the Akagis had sex with Gendo, and not why he had sex with the Akagis.

...I suppose you're right. My mistake.

Although, is it possible that Gendo figured out what Naoko desired?

You raise the blade...
You make the change...

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:13 pm

AVman9 wrote:
child of Lilith wrote:I don’t agree with the “Gendo controlled them” idea. It makes it sound like he had them both on a leash or something.

Well he did with Naoko to an extent, and when she realized it, she had a hard time dealing with the situation. With Ritsuko not as much. She took action to separate herself from Gendo's agenda.

This is what I don’t agree with. They went after him, not the other way around. They entered into relationships with him of their own free will. Any control he may have had over them was freely given, not coerced.

AVman9
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby AVman9 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:26 pm

child of Lilith wrote:This is what I don’t agree with. They went after him, not the other way around. They entered into relationships with him of their own free will. Any control he may have had over them was freely given, not coerced.

I see what you're saying, now.

I personally think that it started like that (no intention of control), but after a while, Gendo realized the benefits the relationship could have for his agenda.

You raise the blade...
You make the change...

DevRei17
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby DevRei17 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:01 pm

:gendo: - Isn't it obvious? I'm a guy, I get boners. You thought I was going to sit there and be like “Well i've got a boner, I guess i'll just sit here with my boner, not doing anything...”
No, i'm not going to do that.
Especially when there's hot, hot :ritsuko_mug: ass right in front of me.
Think about it.
Also known as Cowboy Dev.

Mr. Pointy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Pointy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:06 am

If Ritsuko died before 3rd Impact and Maya Ibuki became Head of Project E, does that mean Gendo would be putting the moves on her, or would he find another way of keeping her under control?

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby chaosakita » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:34 am

Mr. Pointy wrote:If Ritsuko died before 3rd Impact and Maya Ibuki became Head of Project E, does that mean Gendo would be putting the moves on her, or would he find another way of keeping her under control?

I think that Maya is just a lot easier to control than Ritsuko. There wouldn't really be anything else he would need to do.
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:03 pm

Maya's a people-pleaser, and she doesn't have the hots for Gendo.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:06 pm

chaosakita wrote:
Mr. Pointy wrote:If Ritsuko died before 3rd Impact and Maya Ibuki became Head of Project E, does that mean Gendo would be putting the moves on her, or would he find another way of keeping her under control?

I think that Maya is just a lot easier to control than Ritsuko. There wouldn't really be anything else he would need to do.

This. Maya is the kind of person that would be way easier to manipulate, especially if given the right vice. Her intentions would be good and all that, but she would probably be tricked into doing some dirty work for Gendo.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:00 pm

I don't think Gendou would have bothered with Maya. His attitude in this shot suggests he was not exactly enthusiastic about his affair with at least one of the Akagis.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:57 pm

Considering the fact that he was only with the Agagis because they wanted to be with him and not the other way around, there’d be no reason for him to start a relationship with Maya.

Ironfoot
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Ironfoot » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:08 am

...why did the Akagi's want to have sex with Gendo? There's a lot of power in that position and power can be pretty attractive sometimes. But you have to remember how much of a bastard Gendo really is. He was the one that got with Yui to intentionally get into SEELE. I don't think his morals are pretty good on that account.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:38 pm

Ironfoot wrote:But you have to remember how much of a bastard Gendo really is. He was the one that got with Yui to intentionally get into SEELE. I don't think his morals are pretty good on that account.

Episode 21 was related from Fuyutsuki's point of view, and he was relating a rumor about why Gendo was pursuing Yui. Gendo does not seem to have the best reputation, so it is not out the question that, even if his approach to Yui was less sinister, it would be construed in the least positive light.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:40 pm

Plus fuyu is a bitter, jealous old man, getting his shots in wherever he can.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”