"You know you're obsessed with NGE when" thread

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:33 pm

Bomby von Bombsville wrote:When you try to breathe Tang.

<__< Well..Funny you should bring that up. Its a lot harder then you think. btw our Kaworu said there is a girl who looks just like Asuka somewhere on campus. Time to do some stalking..I mean..
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:41 pm

If you think that you must run alway from everything
That you have rather a mecha then a real car
If you only date annoying red heads
You would do anything to buy something that has to do with Eva
You name your child after Rei
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:16 am

Holy Diver wrote:If you have posters, statues, models, action figures, or anything Eva related hung around the walls of your "Geofront" (that's code for one's basement, bedroom)...

If you know who "Shinjiko" is...

If you've been on That Board...

If you've faped to anything on That Board...

If you perfer watching the sub over the dub...

If you've joined this site...

If you've answered yes to any of these then...

SPOILER: Show
Congratulations, you're an Evageek. Here's your special hat and armband emblazoned with the Nerv symbol to be worn at all times to distinguish yourself from the rest of society. We also have special housing units to separate you from said society.

I answered "yes" to everything except the sub/dub part and the basement memorabilia part, but I am distinguished from the rest of you in that I prefer to wear a hat that has Fatal Fury emblazoned on it, so that I can throw it in the air and have an excuse to speak Engrish whenever I damn well feel like it.

@Eva Yojimbo: It's only a matter of time, bub. I still have about three and a half thousand, dammit.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:40 am

Holy Diver wrote:If you have posters, statues, models, action figures, or anything Eva related hung around the walls of your "Geofront" (that's code for one's basement, bedroom)...

If you know who "Shinjiko" is...

If you've been on That Board...

If you've faped to anything on That Board...

If you perfer watching the sub over the dub...

If you've joined this site...

If you've answered yes to any of these then...

SPOILER: Show
Congratulations, you're an Evageek. Here's your special hat and armband emblazoned with the Nerv symbol to be worn at all times to distinguish yourself from the rest of society. We also have special housing units to separate you from said society.

Missing 2 and 3, which I think is a good thing. So I am going to be permanently semi-complete. Still, I can't believe anyone would have 3.... :um-no:

EDIT: I mean 3 and 4
Last edited by Sammaeloo on Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

Uriel Septim VII
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Uriel Septim VII » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:18 am

When you call The Beatles hacks for ripping off of "Komm Susser Todd".
AVATAR-- Hedy Lamarr: actor, inventor of spread spectrum communications technology, and main villain of Blazing Saddles.

You know what, rip me off once, shame on me. But twice? I'm coming after you and taking back what's mine. --Billy Mays

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:25 am

Sammaeloo wrote:Missing 2 and 3, which I think is a good thing. So I am going to be permanently semi-complete. Still, I can't believe anyone would have 3.... :um-no:

And yet everyone does have 3 eventually. And Shinjiko is fem-Shinji, so I've just given you 2. You've got nothing.

(in b4 "ONE OF US")
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:38 am

Vegeta 20XX wrote:
Sammaeloo wrote:Missing 2 and 3, which I think is a good thing. So I am going to be permanently semi-complete. Still, I can't believe anyone would have 3.... :um-no:

And yet everyone does have 3 eventually. And Shinjiko is fem-Shinji, so I've just given you 2. You've got nothing.

(in b4 "ONE OF US")

Whoops. I started at the Shinjiko because I unintentially thought the first one was just regular text. So guess that would be 3 and 4.

I haven't been to that board, and hopefully not too many people have done 4.

Vegeta 20XX wrote:(in b4 "ONE OF US")

NEVER!!!~~ :hide:
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:33 am

Guyver Spawn wrote:If you only date annoying red heads
Um... :unsure: I've always been drawn to redheads, even before watching Evangelion, so... leave me alone. :chair:

GasmaskAvenger wrote:-when you make several key characters of the series in various video games with a Create a Character feature (I made a flawless Gendo in Rock Band 2, along with a fairly good Rei)

And, I've also made most of the Nerv characters on the Wii... but only to see if I could. Crap, I also made Napoleon Dynamite and Bob Ross on the Wii, and nobody gives me a hard time about that.

Holy Diver wrote:If you perfer watching the sub over the dub...
Well, I do that with all of the foreign films I've watched. So to do that with Evangelion just seems natural for me.

The FreakyFilmFan4ever within FreakyFilm's mind wrote:When you're too sensitive about being obsessive to Evangelion.
STOP IT! :hide:

The FreakyFilmFan4ever within FreakyFilm's mind wrote:When you've started talking to yourself in ways comparable to episodes 25 and 26.
NO! THAT'S NOT TRUE!
:shinchair: Help me...

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:40 pm

If you had a kid and name him Geno or Shinji
You want to become just like Kaworu
You hate your father just like Shinji to become cool
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:51 pm

I don't want to be like Kaworu per say but I like that my friend can cosplay him and sound like him almost 100%.

Well I guess I'm not tooooo obsessed cause our Asuka cosplayer is asleep and I don't wish to do anything to her while shes asleep....Ahhh...What a way to start a movie.

Orphan Of Darkness
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Orphan Of Darkness » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:39 pm

-When you skip grade school for 3 days in an internet wide search for an EoE bootleg, which you then monopolize your phoneline downloading for another two days because its 1997/8 and you are on 56k dialup.
EvanGelion:GLIA @A fanfiction project in progress. ~Updated-Mar 15th/2011~ |DeviantArt

-
"Make good use of this money, Rei. I

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:33 pm

Orphan Of Darkness wrote:-When you skip grade school for 3 days in an internet wide search for an EoE bootleg, which you then monopolize your phoneline downloading for another two days because its 1997/8 and you are on 56k dialup.
Dial-up didn't totally die off since then. :unsure: Not that I would know anything about that....

MatrixRefugee
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MatrixRefugee » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:41 pm

--You buy Angelic Days and the Shinji Ikari Raising Project to tide you over while Sadamoto works his glacier-speed way through the next manga stages.

--And you realize they'll barely hold you till Rebuild 1.0 comes out on DVD...
My Anime List profile || DarkScribes page

Avatar: At least the wintry gent is smiling a bit, instead of facepalming...

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:36 pm

MatrixRefugee wrote:--You buy Angelic Days and the Shinji Ikari Raising Project to tide you over while Sadamoto works his glacier-speed way through the next manga stages.

--And you realize they'll barely hold you till Rebuild 1.0 comes out on DVD...

You also realize that every person on the planet wants to bone Shinji and you cant figure out why.

Merridian
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Merridian » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:58 pm

MatrixRefugee wrote:--You buy Angelic Days and the Shinji Ikari Raising Project to tide you over while Sadamoto works his glacier-speed way through the next manga stages.
:cringe: You read my mind. Sad part is, I don't even LIKE Sadamoto's manga... but I keep reading/buying it anyway. Which leads me to:

--When you buy Eva-related merchandise JUST because it's Eva-related.
--When you read Eva-related fanfiction.

I didn't realize I had a problem with Evangelion until I was consciously combing the show for I Ching references. But, thanks to FANFICTION, I was able to channel my guilt over this obsession and turn it into unreadable blocks of text! :w00t: Thanks, FANFICTION! You've given me something to do with this useless over analysis!

--When you write Eva-related fanfiction.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:10 pm

When you just finished the series and you have the urge to buy the Angelic Days and at the same time it's also your first manga.

I am guilty of this and I don't feel bad. :nyao:

Rebuild  SPOILER: Show
Also when you are "sure" there is going to be an Asuka/Shinji ending at this point in the Rebuild movies.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:12 pm

Merridian wrote:Thanks, FANFICTION! You've given me something to do with this useless over analysis!

--When you write Eva-related fanfiction.
Another one of those "better out than in" sort of things.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: "You know you're obsessed with NGE when" threa

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:14 pm

CyberXIII wrote:Anyway, when did you realize this was an obsession?

When a whole shelf in my small apartment became dedicated to Evangelion media.

I need a bigger shelf.

Also, image is outdated.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:25 pm

I'm sitting here pondering how much of the material on that shelf is hentai...

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:26 pm

HOLY SHIT! HOW MANY DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF THE SHOW DO YOU HAVE! ALSO HOW MANY BOOKS ARE ON THE SHELF!!! IF THE SHELF WAS OF WEAKER CONSTRUCTION I WOULDN'T BE SUPRISED IF IT COLLASED!!!!

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”