[CYOA]Shinji Ikari

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Postby esselfortium » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:07 pm

I'm really not sure where you're getting the idea that we're "focusuing on getting Shinji laid", considering that we're on the side of this argument that the kid needs some, you know, friends. One of which he can possibly eventually turn into a closer relationship, without having to turn away all of his other, you know, friends.

And I think you should know as well as anyone else in this community that if we have him date one of them and then dump her, like you suggest, there is definitely going to be a LOT of animosity, both from the girl in question and from anyone else who hears about it. Based on that suggestion I'm finding it harder and harder to believe that you're not just intentionally trying to shit on things here. o_o
Last edited by esselfortium on Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Themaninblack » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:08 pm

All I'm concerned about right now, is that we have only been talking to girls. That is my fault too, btw, haven't said otherwise.

EDIT: that's only if we go about it the wrong way. Misato, Angel-chan, and Maya aren't exactly exactly out to strangle each other.
Last edited by Themaninblack on Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I won.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:10 pm

Themaninblack wrote:we can date Asuka now...and then dump her without any animosity, in case we want to change ships.

I really pray to god that if this happens, the other girls actually react as any other girl would IRL and stop talking to Shinji for being a dickhead.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Postby esselfortium » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:12 pm

Themaninblack wrote:All I'm concerned about right now, is that we have only been talking to girls. That is my fault too, btw, haven't said otherwise.

That's a good point. It might not be a bad idea to try patching things up with Kensuke and Toji sometime soon (I can't remember if we did yet or not), if we want to. Realistically I guess he probably doesn't have much reason to trust them in this continuity, but I somehow doubt that we can just pick out two random nameless classmates to become Shinji's friends instead, so we might as well.
Last edited by esselfortium on Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Themaninblack » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:12 pm

Eric Blair wrote:
Themaninblack wrote:we can date Asuka now...and then dump her without any animosity, in case we want to change ships.

I really pray to god that if this happens, the other girls actually react as any other girl would IRL and stop talking to Shinji for being a dickhead.

???

Why, dating does NOT equate marriage. Why would Shinji be a dick for being a normal 14 year old boy?
I won.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:15 pm

Themaninblack wrote:Why would Shinji be a dick for being a normal 14 year old boy?

I'm going to assume you never actually actively dated so let me explain it to you, then.

If you date someone, then dump that someone just to go out with someone else, that makes you a dickhead AND an asshole, as well as, in a male's form, a womanizer.

Without getting into a "treat girls respectfully" after school special stand, going out does not equal dating, specially in Japan; kissing someone in public, in Japan, hell, ANY FORM OF PUBLIC DISPLAY OF AFFECTION in Japan is as close to marriage as it can be.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Themaninblack » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:50 pm

Eric Blair wrote:
Themaninblack wrote:Why would Shinji be a dick for being a normal 14 year old boy?

I'm going to assume you never actually actively dated so let me explain it to you, then.

If you date someone, then dump that someone just to go out with someone else, that makes you a dickhead AND an asshole, as well as, in a male's form, a womanizer.

Without getting into a "treat girls respectfully" after school special stand, going out does not equal dating, specially in Japan; kissing someone in public, in Japan, hell, ANY FORM OF PUBLIC DISPLAY OF AFFECTION in Japan is as close to marriage as it can be.

There's nothing wrong with that actually, as long as you aren't

1.) doing right after you dump them. You didn't genuinely, because you aren't lusting after someone else, but just aren't as into them as you thought you where.

2.) OR don't it to often, and honestly like the person you dumping them for. If your staying in the relationship not to hurt a girls feelings...that's fucked up. As long as you don't make a habit for, It doesn't matter

Since this is a game we can META game, btw.

Perhaps I didn't make that clear enough Blair. (What's with that dating in games, when someone gives an answer someone else doesn't like that's the standard response?)
Last edited by Themaninblack on Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I won.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Postby esselfortium » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:00 pm

I just don't understand why you insist that it's better to get with one of them and then dump her than to try just being friends with them. One of these has the chance of making everyone think Shinji's a dick, and the other one of these has the chance of giving Shinji a bunch of good friends and possibly a girlfriend.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Themaninblack » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:23 pm

esselfortium wrote:I just don't understand why you insist that it's better to get with one of them and then dump her than to try just being friends with them. One of these has the chance of making everyone think Shinji's a dick, and the other one of these has the chance of giving Shinji a bunch of good friends and possibly a girlfriend.

I don't mind this, as long as we start hanging around....males... also and make it look 100% this way. Personally I'm it weird we're only trying the friend route with females, even though eventually we get the dating bonus
I won.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Themaninblack » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:41 am

esselfortium wrote:Hypocrite.

No, we are going to turn Shinji into a dick. Rei will be pissed at as to say the least. Mayrui will as well. Great job guys, you just broke the game.

Eric Blair wrote:In b4 MIB's obvious "Go play with Rei"

In the words of Oscar Wilde:"Go fuck yourself and grow a pair." Apparently I have committed Hersey here, against the holy Asuka x Shinji paring! Too bad.

I'll assume you live in a room littered with Asuka posters, an Asuka keychain...fuck it I REFUSE TO carry on this joke for you. Your getting annoying as hell, I voice an opinion or say a joke (there have been lots of them only the Asuka ones seem to grind your gears), your normal reaction is to get angrier than the Blob at weight watchers. Because it hurts the feelings of a cartoon character.
I won.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:02 am

It's not your opinion that's the problem, MIB, but the blunt manner in which you announce it. Name calling and F-bombs obviously aren't winning anyone over to your camp, so perhaps you should try a new method if you want to have more influence on the game than your single vote. Might I suggest presenting a compelling argument based on the state of the game, not your external issues?

I mean, I actually generally agree with you that yet another vanilla S/A story is a rather yawn-inducing prospect, but it's hard to voice that opinion when it puts me next to your "Fuck (X) in the throat!" rantings.

Also, what did esselfortium do?
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Themaninblack » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:24 am

Nothing, its just he had a little essay on here where he said he would be doing the opposite. Its cool, I recognize myself as one as well. But I thought I remind him.

Let's not start on Blair. I might have been snarky, (I was like about EVERYONE though) But he seems to be itching for a flame war. Being a smartass, and a jerkass are two different things.
I won.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:57 am

NemZ wrote:We literally just got done telling Rei it wasn't like this with Asuka.

No, Rei asked us if we liked Asuka and we said no, but we also told Rei we didn't like her "like that".

NemZ wrote:Also, didn't we say we'd be taking Rei somewhere today, just the two of us?

We did, and we're at the beach; this happens when Misato ask us to take a day off and everyone thought "I'd be cool to hang out with friends"

NemZ wrote:this would be so much easier if we were clearer in telling Rei we were interested, just not ready for exclusivity!

Actually, if we had a graph, I'm pretty sure we would see that the relationship graph with Asuka is stronger than with Mayumi and/or Rei, so I'm confident we took the best choice here; We talked to some girls, and are now in a position to take the friendship with one to the next logical level while still staying as friends with other girls.

Playing the field simply means that your window of opportunity will start to grow smaller exponentially because the other girls are going to look at you and see a playing dick, an inconsiderate jerk or someone with no spine to take the first step.

Oh, and I was gonna answer to the MIB, but then I remembered that's just what he wants, so instead of taking up his passive-aggressive stand, I would suggest for him to take his meds.

^THAT is being a smart ass, what you did in both posts was just being a sore loser and lashing out to someone to try and derail the thread.

If you want to gripe, you should start a thread entitled "MIB lashes against the Shinji CYOA because it's ending in S/A" or something; it would be a better outlet to your creative juices as they were.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:55 pm

Locked by request of the thread creator.

Phase 2 of the Shinji Ikari CYOA is here: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=7816
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Role-Playing Related”