GGSS Char Insert CYOA discussion

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:29 pm

Due to all the options Im going to give the voting an extension to Tuesday.
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:24 am

I say write one about Toji; he needs a CYOA too.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:34 am

In all honesty, "character inserts" never really made any sense - it's like postulating what a generic "young black rhythm team" would be like if you replaced a certain character with Rambo.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:37 am

Vegeta 20XX wrote:In all honesty, "character inserts" never really made any sense - it's like postulating what a generic "young black rhythm team" would be like if you replaced a certain character with Rambo.

Oh wow. Can I vote for this to be the CYOA?

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:50 am

Vegeta 20XX wrote:In all honesty, "character inserts" never really made any sense -

Isn't that the basic premise behind Bender/DBZ in the Eva universe?
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:04 am

Eric Blair wrote:
Vegeta 20XX wrote:In all honesty, "character inserts" never really made any sense -

Isn't that the basic premise behind Bender/DBZ in the Eva universe?

What about DBZ? I never did anything about DBZ.

The difference being is that a "character insert" completely REPLACES a character with another one, where as I sort of just threw Bender in there. Besides, I don't intend for my CYOA to be serious in any way - I mean, it's fucking BENDER for crying out loud.

And all you've done from day one was try to find something wrong with what I'm doing of saying - it's perfectly natural to be serious about replacing Shinji Ikari with the guy from Die Hard, but if I want to throw in Bender - and for comedic purposes, no less - there's something wrong with what I'm doing.

But on a different note, wherever you got DBZ from, you might want to check again, because I am completely lost in that area.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:38 am

yes, yes, I'm picking on poor Veg, again.

Excuse me while I sneeze.

The truth of the matter is, all of what you do is simply asking for someone to poke fun at, and the fact that you go into an fit of impotent rage makes it funnier to pick on you.

When is your fist gonna hit my face?
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:19 am

Eric Blair wrote:yes, yes, I'm picking on poor Veg, again.

Excuse me while I sneeze.

The truth of the matter is, all of what you do is simply asking for someone to poke fun at, and the fact that you go into an fit of impotent rage makes it funnier to pick on you.

When is your fist gonna hit my face?

But I haven't gone into a fit of impotent rage - I'm saving that for people in real life that piss me off. So "all of what I do," huh? And I suppose that you characterize a few things I have done as of late as "all I do" - yeah, so what, I made a weird CYOA. Because you bugging me about it every time I post is really starting to get old.

If I so wanted, I'd bitch all the time about having to look at your avatar - and I'm sorry if I don't want to look at grown women cosplaying 14-year-olds, and by now, Jersey's face scares me. Well, I hope that it doesn't ruin my day, seeing as though you think I'm obsessed with one or two things on the forum that you won't leave alone until Hell freezes over.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:46 am

Why so serious?

There? isn't it better to just let it all out?

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:57 pm

This has gotten horribly off topic and has devolved into a flame war. So if we cant get less bickering and more voting, Im just gonna have SSD lock it. >_< :impatient:
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •