Evangelion: Jo Rebuild game (PS2 & PSP)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:42 am

2 things. Lack of online reviews with this game make me wonder if I should buy it sometime... Or if the watered down Eva2 aspects and some of the tough battles will make me raeg.

Secondly, I guess alternate endings haven't been confirmed yet?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:45 am

I still say it should have a good dose of our favorite meganekko. And on that note...... I think we need a Mari emoticon too. :kawaii:
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

BlackfireMagnum
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby BlackfireMagnum » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:35 pm

What about this? http://kotaku.com/5269845/evangelion-title-coming-to-ps3-does-it-involve-the-father-of-playstation-yes
asdf

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:51 pm

Your link relates to this: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=6738

So I uh finally bought Eva: Jo today. So far I'm only up to post Sachi with Shinji being able to wander around and talk to people during training. I'm disappointed to see the voices when the characters talk seem to be straight recycled from Eva2, and even more disappointed many of the backgrounds have been too.

Also, it sucks how when you talk to a character if it's not a cut scene so far (at least) there isn't any voices like Eva2 has. I guess I shouldn't have expected this to be fully voiced like Eva2, but... -_-;

Besides that, the graphics are stunning and I only started playing the game so I can't say much else. I am at least happy to have it despite my minor complaints. One thing I love is the fact when Shinji first moves around, he's bandaged like Rei! *_* It's so cool!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:46 am

Don't mean to double-post but this is really pissing me off. Even with the pallet rifle equipped, I keep getting killed off during the Shammy battle (2nd fight). -_-; I try to keep my distance, Shammy gets close and kills me off in two or three hits.

Is there a way to restore Shinji's health before fighting? He was in bandages after that Sachiel battle and only seems to have half of his health when the battle occurs. Also, entering those pseudo pulse things ( [ ] , ^, O ) are a pain in the butt, especially with the first battle, not even before you start to lose.

EDIT: I dunno how, but I even when it SEEMS like I'm winning against Shammy, all of a sudden the scene cuts to a battle scene lifted from Eva2 where the Angel invades Nerv HQ.

EDIT(true)^2: I was able to restart my game (dear lord that button-mashing for the first battle is wicked hard) and while wandering around made sure Maya fixed up Shinji's injuries as well as had Ritsuko repair Eva-01 fully (at least it looks like it was fully repaired). Let's try this again with Shammy.

EDIT the 3rd: STILL having trouble. Shammy keeps on destroying the Zero Area (Odd, in Eva2, you were allowed to go after the Angel if they'd try to reach headquarters) even though I've made progress with Shinji and Eva having better health.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:30 am

After my 10th or so try I finally defeated Shammy, now I'm playing around the time Israfel shows up. ^_^

This game IS a watered down Eva2 but it has its fun parts despite that.

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:35 pm

Jeez, now I want htis game..Is it coming to NA at all or they doing that damn keep it in Japan crap again?
On the path to Universal Understanding.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:20 pm

NONE of the Eva games have come to the U.S. so far.

So Shinji keeps getting his ass handed to him in the Issy battle no matter how I attack ver. ...The battles being like Eva2 would make things easier. >_< Anyway, halp? The mini-walkthrough, they do nosing!!

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:23 pm

I need to find then download this game soon. I got a hacked psp. Yo SSD, does it have online? That's be a BAMF battle.
On the path to Universal Understanding.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:44 pm

I just bought a new PS2 AV cable to replace the one Daisy chewed up and can finally play the PS2 version on a PS2. I defended the graphics before, but seeing them in action here, I can definitely say that they're crappy even for a previous generation console. The cell shading doesn't work at all and the movement lags terribly. Also, it's blurry. Evangelions 2's graphics were way better than this. Detective Evangelion's cell shading was waaay better than this.

As for the gameplay, so far all I've done is fight Sachiel. This consisted of mashing L1 and R1 quickly, pressing O, then mashing O quickly. Exciting, huh?
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:46 pm

The graphics are better on the PSP at least. Apparently the game was first made for PSP then PS2.

brainissues
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby brainissues » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:15 pm

evangelion jo? , avaiable for download , really , it's disapoininting , the game , the only thing who is "wow" is the music
nietzsche is dead he has been killed by god XD

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:32 pm

brainissues wrote:the only thing who is "wow" is the music
You must have downloaded a different game. The music is one of the least impressive aspects in my opinion.

My previous statements about jerkiness and such stand, but I retract what I said about the blur. It was just the cable I was using.

Anyway, I'm currently on the first simulation battle. I must have tried at least a dozen times by now, but I still can't figure out how to win this thing. I get near sim Sachiel and hold R1, but only once was I able to spread my AT Field and I wasn't sure why. Even then I wasn't able to corrode sim Sachi's. How do I win?

Mongoosedog
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mongoosedog » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:37 pm

would you guys be able to link me to something about Eva2, i'm not too sure what game it is
I have no signature!

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:44 pm

Mongoosedog wrote:would you guys be able to link me to something about Eva2, i'm not too sure what game it is
It's certainly not this one. Use the wiki.

Mongoosedog
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mongoosedog » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:46 pm

^ i know that much. that's what i get for being lazy i guess :sweatdrop:
I have no signature!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:52 am

...I still haven't gotten past Issy; WTF. :| No matter what I do, how I attack, or what I equip baka-Shinji with, he keeps losing.

Naw-kun: I lose in the Sachi sims too. It doesn't affect battles though.

Six Winged Angel
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Six Winged Angel » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:29 am

This has a quite addicting battle system! I wish they could implement this to Evangelion 2!

We just beat Israfel after lots of continues :P for anyone wondering how to defeat that angel, here's some bits of tips:

-You start the battle with very few hp and the angel can take you out with 2 hits, for that reason you have to hit the angel and try your best to dodge it's every attack, it's not too hard if you memorise it's animation. It is *best* to choose the second palet gun as a weapon (stronger) because of the balanced mobility, power, range and shot focus it enables you. Shoot all you can, then anticipate it's attack and dodge. Hopefully you'll break it's AT-field while doing it.

-Change area and fight the angel ONLY at the Central Tokyo-3 area. The sequences where Asuka comes to help finish the enemy only appear in that area.

-On your Eva reaching the central area, unplug the cable! (R+[]+X)This will grant you an extra +10% synch ratio, which is very helpful. (also place a yellow building in the area for when your AT-field drops and you need to recharge. The yellow building is the cable building, you get behind it and push [] to take the cable. Wait till you recharge most of your battery time, and then unplug the cable again!)

-The angel's primary target is to destroy the zero area (4 blue column one) and not you! If you let it destroy all the 4 columns, it's over, try to distract it by hitting it on the back.

-in order to help that hit and run tactic you'll have to set up the area buildings (pills) (which you buy from Misato). We placed these in the central area:

7 red buildings (the ones that shoot the target), place the stronger ones (with As) around the zero area in order to help protect it.

1 yellow building for the unbillical cable tactic above

2 green buildings: one with the minigun, and another one with the progressive sword. You'll eventually run out of bullets with the pallet gun, don't waste time and run to the first building to grab the minigun!

1 purple building. This is very important! By pressing [] (prolly) behind this building it shows you the enemy's life bar until the mission is over, very handy.

here's a diagram of how we placed the buildings:

-Don't panic when you break the angel's AT-field! Just play with caution and evade normally like you usually should and dont go on a rampage!

-When shooting the enemy, run on a course behind the red buildings. This will 1) give you cover and 2) inflict more damage on the enemy. You can use this running tactic to do a half-circle and ambush Israfel from his back to deal more damage.

Hopefully and with good reflexes, and the later help of the minigun, you'll be able to reach Israfel's hp to like 1%. When the minigun's out of ammo, go and fetch the progressive sword. Even if Israfel reaches 1 hp you won't be able to take him down unless you activate the sequence where Asuka comes. To do that, you need to say your prayers first XD Wait for israfel to turn his back to you and start hitting the buildings. Waste no time and sneak attack him from behind using []. Dodge his melee attacks with roll and keep hitting him! Then there will be sometime where he will try to deploy his weakened AT-field. At this time the screen will indicate you to press the O button! Press it and Asuka comes to help ballerina dance the hell of him, don't drop your focus and press the right buttons when it asks you to!

Good luck!
~But someday you will come to understand that on your back, there are wings with which you can fly on the distant future.

goodlyoak
Embryo

Evangelion Jo

•      
  •      

Postby goodlyoak » Mon May 02, 2011 8:38 pm

I just got the game today and i was wondering what does the square button conversation points mean or do. I keep talking to Rei trying to get points but after talking to her a few times i stopped getting points. thanks.

Sun Stealer
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sun Stealer » Sat May 07, 2011 10:03 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Don't mean to double-post but this is really pissing me off. Even with the pallet rifle equipped, I keep getting killed off during the Shammy battle (2nd fight). -_-; I try to keep my distance, Shammy gets close and kills me off in two or three hits.

Fortunately for you, I am the first and so far, only master/practitioner of a rare martial art only applicable to videogames and dodgeball, known as Flamenco-Fu also known as Jack Sparrow-Fu. I looked at some videos of Jo's gameplay, to gain an idea of what movement is like, Here is what you must do, keep moving, keep rolling, always sideways. Keep circling him, either firing, or if you are getting right choppy like I do, attack his back. respond to all his attacks by sidestepping, unless it looks like he is going to do a 360' attack, in which case reverse-sommersault. Also, turn up your controller sensitivity to as high as possible, a Flamenco-Fu master must have the reaction time of the twitchiest insomniac. Now go forth my young padawan and give Khorne his due. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

He was in bandages after that Sachiel battle

That is... ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE! I demand pics, please.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”