Evangelion Music Videos

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Soluzar
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:36 am

JonnyBlaze wrote:Hey peoples ;)

Monkey n00b, so I might be late on this on, and I didn't have time to view all the links listed but do you guys (and the ladies) remeber "Engel"?
Done to Rammstein? Honestly this is THE very video that introduced me to Evangelion AND Rammstein, know I'm hopelessly addicted to both like an 80 lbs, snot-nosed, poopy-butt crack whor-a!!! :P

I never saw the AMV, but it's an excellent song.
Natsukashii, ne?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:25 am

Soluzar wrote:I never saw the AMV, but it's an excellent song.

You never did? You poor creature -- we'll have to correct that.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:44 pm

Soluzar wrote:I never saw the AMV, but it's an excellent song.

Excessively compressed, but at least in the original German (and thus the lip-synch)

http://www.evangelion-armageddon.com/Musikvideos.php#2
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Sventevith
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Sventevith » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:39 pm

JonnyBlaze wrote:Hey peoples ;)

Monkey n00b, so I might be late on this on, and I didn't have time to view all the links listed but do you guys (and the ladies) remeber "Engel"?
Done to Rammstein? Honestly this is THE very video that introduced me to Evangelion AND Rammstein, know I'm hopelessly addicted to both like an 80 lbs, snot-nosed, poopy-butt crack whor-a!!! :P

Does any one got a link to this one?
I have the video if someone would like to put it somewhere so others can see it if unable to find a link.

Saw the AMV back when it was new (2001 or something? may be 2000) and I didn't know a shit about Anime then, but I had been listening to Rammstein since 1997 when Sehnsucht came out! Saw Neon Genesis Evangelion for the first time in November last year, then I saw the AMV again and it became one of my favourites, especialy since it's focused on Asuka (mostly) :) Gave the song a little extra "thing" too, making it better than it was before... aah...
"Meglio soli che mal accompagnati."

Xanatose
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Xanatose » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:20 pm

About three years ago I stumbled upon two CD-RWs that someone was throwing away. I salvaged them and viewed the contents: a little over fifty Evangelion AMVs.

I guess the previous owner was a bit of a collector.

Well, watching all of them I became curious about the AMV community and began to collect a few more Eva AMVs. It eventually became a bit of a hobby, and slowly and steadily I built up my own collection to a little over 200. Then I got bored and deleted them.

A hobby shouldn't be taken too seriously.

That was about a year ago, but from what I can remember, these are my favorite AMVs. Note that not all of them have the best animation or special effects (some were made before we got the high quality Eva animation of today), but I like them all the same on a number of other levels, such as song choice, sycronization, or theme.

Evangelion Opus (both original and redux versions)
Gendo, Son of God
Rei, Beyond Her Heart
Damaged Rei-mix
The Porcelain Girl
RabbleRouser
The End of Me
Soul of An Angel
EoE - Dragula (both original and redux versions)
Evangelion Polka
Asuka Nothing (This one has a personal spot in my heart, since I remember it as the first Eva AMV I saw and impressed me at the time -- sadly, I realize now that it's rather straightforward and technically unimpressive. It had some nice syncing though.)
Tod
Hail to the Theif
Dark Acts
To Be God
Everything You Want - A Tribute to Asuka and Shinji
All Sudden Things (This one wins the award for most improbable alternate Eva scenerio, ever. Ever.)
The One I Love Is.. (Loved the video. Hated the fanfic that inspired it -- with a passion.)
Heaven's on The Way
Eva Potential
Embracing You
Convulsion
This Isn't What We Meant
Heaven's Door
And last, but I stress, not least,
Voice (Perhaps the best profile AMV of Misato.)

And that's that. Long list, right? And I recommend each for download (well fine, maybe you can get by without Asuka Nothing, but look it up if you like her.) Well, what can I say for myself? As I said, I have seen a lot of Eva AMVs. For one reason or another they each stood out in a way that prevented me from saying "yes, this is the one, the only, and there can be no others." To put this in perspective, I recall a quote:

"Making a book of poetry is like eathing a bowl of cherries. You start by picking the best, and finish by picking them all."

...which is why I'm pretty glad I got bored with it all, or I would probably still be browsing AMV.org... ( ;>_>)

PS: Pardon for any fine, recently made AMVs, but I just haven't been following the community in so many months.
Kaji: Commander Ikari, I've come to give you mysterious objects and say cryptic things.

Gendo: Excellent work, my impish little toadie.
- Toastyfrog's Thumbnail Theater

I'm not a mod any more! The pressure to constantly monitor in lurk mode is gone! The dust cloud you see is me in hasty retreat.

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:57 pm

Great recommendations Xanatose. I have seen about 80% of the mentioned ones. From the ones I have seen they all have some unique angle to the story they tell.

I've recently started editing AMVs so I've been on AMV.org quite a bit lately. With my recent obsession with AMVing and Evangelion, I started working on my own versions. Even though AMVs with NGE may have been done to death I personally think it's a great way to express thoughts on the series / music.

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Ryo » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:29 pm

Xanatose wrote:Everything You Want - A Tribute to Asuka and Shinji

That one is almost impossible to find. Anyone know where I can download it?

Edit Edit: Oh, found it. At least something called "Everything you want" made by The DIGITALGOD.

Edit:
When I finally get a better computer, I'll make AMV's as well...
I've had some ideas including Asuka and Rammstein's "Sonne" for quite a while now, I'm also thinking about doing a Asuka/Shinji video with Rammstein's "Morgenstern".

Asuka + Rammstein = Hawt!
Last edited by Ryo on Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asuka > Rei

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:46 pm

Wow I just read this whole topic. thanks for all the links to great Eva videos guys. and yes Asuka goes very well with Rammstein being German and all. as for my favorites. Engel is the only one I have right now, i'm downloading more as I type this.
The Real Ending to Evangelion~~
Rei goes insane!!~~
~Rei is hope.. the hope that people will one day be able to understand each other, and Kaworu is the words... "I Love You". I think they are two beings that will always be watching over everything~

Vulkurt
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Vulkurt » Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:33 pm

[url]http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=79195[/url]

Not entirely EVA, but Gendo is the Wizard, and EVA-1 is a summons. Good fun.
Done. Guarding.

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:05 pm

Vulkurt wrote:[url]http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=79195[/url]

Yes! The concept was excellent. I think Console RPG fans would appreciate it the most. That editor puts out some awesome AMVs. I especially loved Football!!
Alex D.

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Ryo » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:35 pm

Those who enjoyed the famous "Engel" AMV, I've found something that might be intresting:

[url]http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=14144[/url]

It's an Asuka lip-synch action/serious/character profile video with Rammstein's song "Feuer Frei!" (Fire at will!).

If I had to chose between "Engel" and "Feuer Frei!", I'd actually pick "Feuer Frei!". The lip synch is just as good as (if not better) in "Engel", and the song is great. A great action video to say the least.

On the other hand, being forced to hear Tiffany Grant's voice in the beginning of the video is hard on my ears. :cry:
Asuka > Rei

Vulkurt
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Vulkurt » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:01 am

Digitalex wrote:
Vulkurt wrote:[url]http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=79195[/url]

Yes! The concept was excellent. I think Console RPG fans would appreciate it the most. That editor puts out some awesome AMVs. I especially loved Football!!

Yeah, I love the Football one, too. That guy does great stuff. Did you see the Advanced Wars 3 AMV that used EVA?

[url]http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=45353[/url]
Done. Guarding.

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:36 pm

Vulkurt wrote:
Yeah, I love the Football one, too. That guy does great stuff. Did you see the Advanced Wars 3 AMV that used EVA?

[url]http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=45353[/url]

That was AWESOME! The "All Your Base..." reference was classic! Thanks. That will definitely stay in my collection.
Alex D.

sachiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby sachiel » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:16 pm

RubberSoul wrote:My absolute favorite Evangelion music video is Evangelion Opus. I constantly play that music video on the loop while I'm on the internet. I constantly hum Bohemian Rhapsody all the time.

That's my favorite, too. XD

I also like the Eva parody of the Black Knight scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

..."You yellow bastard!"

Hm, I just got a new computer, so I need a new program to make AMVs, like Adobe Premier or something. My old program sucked. Once I get that, I'm hoping to make an Eva AMV out of "If You Can't Leave it Be, Might As Well Make it Bleed" by Dashboard Confessional, or "Rapid Hope Loss" by the same band. (Those are the only two songs I like by that band.)

..or maybe even "Consequence" by Incubus...I'unno yet.

-stops rambling-
i AM the internets.

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:33 pm

The winner of the Otakon 2005 Drama Category. An amazing video IMO.

[url]http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=85570[/url]
Alex D.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:43 am

Digitalex wrote:The winner of the Otakon 2005 Drama Category. An amazing video IMO.

[url]http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=85570[/url]

Wow, that was brilliant!
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:59 pm

the_seventh_child wrote:
Digitalex wrote:The winner of the Otakon 2005 Drama Category. An amazing video IMO.

Wow, that was brilliant!

It definitely was! It was also funny seeing the look of awe on EvaMonkey's face as he watched it. That video was up against some excellent drama AMVs. A lot of the editors I met there believed it was the strongest category to compete in. All the AMVs in that category could easily have won in other contests.
Alex D.

chocomanji
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby chocomanji » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:09 pm

It really is an amazing video. It gave EM and I CHILLS. I <3 it so, I'm glad it won. ^_^

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Ryo » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:56 am

What the... Isn't it any Asuka in it?

<.<

>.>

:cry:

j/k
Asuka > Rei

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:57 pm

Ryo wrote:What the... Isn't it any Asuka in it?

<.<

>.>

:cry:

j/k

LOL! I'm glad she wasn't in it. I need her for my next project. We don't want to waste her screen time now do we? :wink:
Alex D.

Return to “Fan Works”