The most disturbing moment in Evangelion

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Abaddon
Embryo

The most disturbing moment in Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Abaddon » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:25 am

I have allows been interested in learn what disturbs people, mentally of course. So I was wondering, what images in Eva disturb you?

For me, the first time I saw lilith was shocking and very disturbing.
And I also found the scene when the MP evas ate eva 02 to be disquieting.
Last edited by Abaddon on Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farwell happy fields, where joy forever dwells. Hail, Herrors, Hail abominations, and thy most profoundest hell, welcome your new ruler. One who's made is not changed by place or time. For the mind is it's own place, and can make a hell of heaven a heaven of hell. What matter where if I am eternally the same. Thus, for me, it is better to rule in hell then serve in heaven.

secondson
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby secondson » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:51 am

Well, I was pretty psychologically damaged by the entirety of EoE...it that's what you mean...
All right, when I say your name, you say here. And we will assume here is short for Here I am, rock you like a hurricane.

Nephilim
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Nephilim » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:57 am

Well, due to my christian beliefs, y was pretty shocked when i saw Lilith for the first time. But it was only the first impression. :shock:

It also was disturbing episode 23, when Rei died and we found out that she is one of many clones. :cry:

But the most disturbing of all is...
Shinji MASTURBATING, and that close up of his hand, that was a little too much. :?
*insert cool signature here*

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:57 am

Shinji. Asuka. Hospital. Nuff' said.
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

quatre1453
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby quatre1453 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:24 pm

when the eva series turend into Rei's and the one with half of its face and skull ripped off looks up at Shinji.
that gave me the willies
what are you riding his bolognie pony?

and to all the eva fans, congratulations!!!

RubberSoul
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby RubberSoul » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:29 pm

I thought it was horribly disturbing to see Eva 02/Asuka torn apart by the Eva series.
I can only take so much retarded.

Asuka Langley
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Langley » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:39 pm

Shinji+Hospital room+Comatose Asuka.
That made me sick.

And probably when Asuka was getting ripped apart near the end of her fight. Only because I noticed one of the Eva series licking her... or something to that degree of sickness.
We'll see whachu' got.

http://xrl.us/ccnh

the-artist-known-as-chris
Adam

EOE

•      
  •      

Postby the-artist-known-as-chris » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:40 pm

EOE kicked the shit out of me emotionally the first time I saw it.

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:09 pm

When the giant Rei/Lilith's head broke off and blood sprayed across the sky. That scene freaked me out. I also found the scene where unit 01 breaks out of Leleil (the shadow angel) disturbing as well. Asuka's "my god, is that what I'm piloting" really hit a cord within me.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

Mr.Guy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Mr.Guy » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:55 pm

I'd say the Reiquarium or Asuka's mind rape scene (directors cut). The former just grossed me out... but the latter was quite hard to watch (emotional).

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby max3000 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:04 pm

There was a disturbing image flash from EoE that i could get outta my mind for a few days.
It was a flash of Asuka's dead body with worms crawling in her face and skin...

Umm... feel free to post a link to that pic :arrow:
Last edited by max3000 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Esion
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Esion » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:35 pm

Actually nothing in the series was extremly disturbing to me. However there was one scene in EoE that really got to me.

There is some random Nerv worker on his knees and he's saying something like "oh...no...no...no" and then his brains are blown out. I have a fear of being executed like that. The masturbation scene and the rest of it weren't all that shocking.
Yea and God said to Abraham, "You will kill your son Issac." And Abraham said, "I can't hear you, you'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said, "Oh I'm sorry, Is this better? Check, check, check... Jerry, pull the high end out, I'm still getting some hiss back here."

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:44 pm

Asuka's mind rape scene, I hated Asuka until i saw that ep and in a twisted display of just about the worst thinkgs a child can ever hear a parent say i understood her. She kind of grew on me after that, when i realized all she wanted was some one to hold her and tell her she was special.

EoE's hospital moment between Shinji and her is a close second though.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Phaze » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:50 pm

The freeze-frame right after Misato's death in EoE disturbed me mostly because the animators actually bothered to add that in.
If you don't know what I'm talking about freeze-frame it right after the area explodes, and see if you can find Misato's disconnected legs and torso.
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby max3000 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:52 pm

oh oh i found the pic i was talking about!
view at you'r own risk.
http://www.ferge.net/pics/auska-dead.gif
Last edited by max3000 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Esion
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Esion » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:55 pm

Phaze wrote:The freeze-frame right after Misato's death in EoE disturbed me mostly because the animators actually bothered to add that in.
If you don't know what I'm talking about freeze-frame it right after the area explodes, and see if you can find Misato's disconnected legs and torso.

Yes I remember that. Poor Misato.
Yea and God said to Abraham, "You will kill your son Issac." And Abraham said, "I can't hear you, you'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said, "Oh I'm sorry, Is this better? Check, check, check... Jerry, pull the high end out, I'm still getting some hiss back here."

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:33 pm

The Asuka, Shinji hospital scene, more because I have a great disgust of hospitals.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

coff
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby coff » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:00 pm

There were a lot of scenes that had an emotional impact on me but I was never really disturbed by anything.

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:21 pm

quatre1453 wrote:when the eva series turend into Rei's and the one with half of its face and skull ripped off looks up at Shinji.
that gave me the willies
Man I forgot about that one! It's just... ughh.... that and the other one that had Asuka's spike launchers ammo still stuck in its head.
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

secondson
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby secondson » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:04 pm

How Eva has damaged me, let me count the ways...

7. Anytime Shinji chokes Asuka (or any Asuka-like person, like the apartment scene in EOE *shudders* That bothered me, and I don't know why)
6. Gendo's complementation in EOE
5. Anything involving Shinji's penis and a comatose Asuka is fairly upsetting to me (I have a deep-seated of fear sperm - I just can't help it)
4. The floating Reis, Kaworus, Yuis, etc., who were turning people into goo in EOE (you couldn't escape them - I'm sorry, that's just creepy)
3. Asuka's defeat at the hands of the mass production units (the sounds, man, the *sounds*! I felt so sick when I saw that...)
2. Kaji's death (I saw it coming a mile away, but I still jumped when I heard the bang - and the fact that he was smiling all the way to his death...it wasn't so much disturbing as it was hard for me to watch...yeah, I'm lame, whatever)
1. The entire concept of complementation - yeah, I get the symbolism and psychology behind it, but, y'know what? I'm old-school, and that bothers the shit out of me.
Last edited by secondson on Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All right, when I say your name, you say here. And we will assume here is short for Here I am, rock you like a hurricane.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”