[Music] Smashing Pumpkins

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

[Music] Smashing Pumpkins

•      
  •      

Postby anatrok » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:56 pm

"Rumours of a Smashing Pumpkins rekindling have been rife these past few weeks, after frontman Billy Corgan made public how much he missed his old band. However, confirmation that the band will reform has come from Pumpkins drummer Jimmy Chamberlin whilst on tour promoting his new outfit, The Jimmy Chamberlin Complex. Chamberlin stopped off at the Archer in Newcastle to host a drum clinic, and somewhere between offering existential music guidance and performing a solo version of Geek U.S.A. (only drums, no accompanyment), he announced that the Chicago veterans would be getting back together and aiming to tour in February 2006.

Chamberlin went on to state that the Smashing Pumpkins would not be doing "a greatest hits tour [...] we're not after your money" and that the band would work on new songs to take on the road, with the possibility of an album to ensue.

In polite discussion with his fans after the clinic, Chamberlin said that contact had been made with the two estranged former-Pumpkins James Iha and D'arcy Wretsky via e-mail, but that Corgan and himself were awaiting confirmation as to their participation. He also said that the tour would probably go ahead regardless of whether Iha and D'arcy are involved." -- http://www.blamo.org

I'm really into three bands, real bad-like, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, and The Smashing Pumpkins. Saddly, all of them I got into after they broke up. The first band I will never see in concert for obvious reasons, the second band, I missed prehaps my only chance to see them in this past July.
Recently I got into The Smashing Pumpkins, about 6 months ago, but I already knew they had broken up, so when I really started getting into them, I was kinda bummed that there was ANOTHER awesome band that I missed. So, this this is like a dream come true....

Pick me Pick me yeah, Let outta low long signal!
\_/ (.Y.)

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:03 am

I grew up listening to music like the Smashing Pumpkins. I liked their singles, but I didn't start listening to their actual albums until sometime between "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" and "Adore". I was really into Machina, and got to catch them at Fairfax on their Sacred and Profane tour. Simply amazing show by the way. Shortly after they split, and I was really dissapointed, but glad I got to see them before they split. A reunion of any sort would be really cool. I look forward to hearing more about this.

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:48 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:I grew up listening to music like the Smashing Pumpkins. I liked their singles, but I didn't start listening to their actual albums until sometime between "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" and "Adore". I was really into Machina, and got to catch them at Fairfax on their Sacred and Profane tour. Simply amazing show by the way. Shortly after they split, and I was really dissapointed, but glad I got to see them before they split. A reunion of any sort would be really cool. I look forward to hearing more about this.

Well, as you know, in an alternate universe, "Tonight, Tonight" is the opening theme* for EVA, so I'm all for it.

--C.

*An edit, presumably. Although Gainax might have liked using the song full-length, once it was explained to them it meant they would have to do even less animation per episode.

darth_mark
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby darth_mark » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:04 pm

i was really into Smashing Pumpkins until Siamese Dream which was their best album(i feel old all of a sudden), started losing interest when Melloncollie came out, it all went downhill from there and i was really disappointed,
"Let's Instrumentality! <3" - SEELE

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:33 pm

All I know is that their short film "Try" is very disturbing and sad.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:19 am

They have some nice songs..My fav is "Killer in me is Killer in you"..Other than that, i can't say that i love them..
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby anatrok » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:48 pm

Disarm....and really if you do like there songs, you should look into them, *thinks Mellon Collie*

Jomei
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Jomei » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:27 pm

I bought a VHS of their videos, but the sound is fucked up. I'm still mad about that. Anyway, their music was pretty awesome before Billy started experimenting with techno crap too much.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”